• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I haven't read too many posts on this thread - kind of just skimmed. But if y'all think USF pulled his scholly because he went to a football camp, you're crazy. Absolutely crazy.

There will be several USF commits that are planning on taking there 5 OV's - and they're not going to get their scholly's pulled lol

I couldn't agree with you more, Mike! Many years ago I was being recruited by D2 schools, so I have a better idea of how the recruiting process works than most. I opted to go to USF with my child hood best friend and we had the time of our lives. Trust me on this, schools don't pull offers because a kid takes a visit or goes to a camp at another school. First off, in the social media crazed world we live in, there would have been at tweet or Facebook post about it. Secondly, I bleed green and cold, but USF is not at a level of success and power within the football world to pull offers from kids as a "threat or punishment" for visiting other places. If we were Alabama I could see a tatic like that might work, but they don't even need to do that. Just face the facts he's a 17 or 18 year old kid that made a choice and he's having second thoughts. It's obvious that not too many kids today understand the definition of the word "commitment"

Same here, man. I was recruited D3 and got an NAIA offer, but decided to stay in Pinellas. A lot of people in the media either played pro ball but lack writing skills, or are great writers but lack football knowledge. I like to think I have a little bit of both lol

Jack of all trades.......

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder what lead him to revert his commitment.... Rutgers already has a 4* QB committed in Tyler Wieger.

UF is not interested. I wonder if he has a back-up plan....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/rutgers/football/recruiting/player-Tyler-Wiegers-137417;_ylt=AnER.MMAY1wizzQyaKy.4fr0tZB4

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I wonder what lead him to revert his commitment.... Rutgers already has a 4* QB committed in Tyler Wieger.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/rutgers/football/recruiting/player-Tyler-Wiegers-137417;_ylt=AnER.MMAY1wizzQyaKy.4fr0tZB4

For a 4 star, not a very good offer list (if you can believe the accuracy of these sites).  Maybe schools didn't offer, knowing he was a true commit to RU.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I bet it has something to do with UF as to why he decommited. I think someone sweet talked this kid and gave him major doubts about USF whether it was UF coaches or other recruits. Somebody got him thinking that USF wasn't so great and that he could do "better."

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

For a 4 star, not a very good offer list (if you can believe the accuracy of these sites).  Maybe schools didn't offer, knowing he was a true commit to RU.

Litton's offer sheet is equally unimpressive: http://247sports.com/Player/Chase-Litton-15087

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Litton's offer sheet is equally unimpressive: http://247sports.com/Player/Chase-Litton-15087

Yup...that's why I'm not overly upset about the decommit.  Wonder if the LSU offer is legit.  Seems oddly out of place.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

From what I understand it's non committable. I believe LSU is full at QB this year.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I have an offer to pitch for the Rays, its not committable though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

From what I understand it's non committable. I believe LSU is full at QB this year.

Then it's not an offer ....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think Chase Litton will lack suitors once he starts playing again this year. I saw improvement in his performance and throwing from his sophomore to junior tapes, and even significant improvement just from junior tape to the 7-on-7 tapes. At this rate, he'll do pretty well his senior year and pick up some pretty good offers. That could be what he's banking on.