• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

For those who are saying he never talked to USF before tweeting his decommit, I think you're talking out of your arse.

Coaches aren't allowed to talk about their interactions with recruits.

Chase was telling people that. NCAA coaches weren't the source.

Link up or shut up.

totally done with linking and having people then argue, whether what he said was the meaning of the the word, "is". I know what he said. I'm fine with that.He said it in numerous places. If you want to be slightly industrious, go find it for yourself.

ps. If you had been even moderately polite in your request. I would have likely gone and tracked down the 2 sources that I had.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

For those who are saying he never talked to USF before tweeting his decommit, I think you're talking out of your arse.

You're correct... coaches cannot officially talk about recruits.... but if you think winks and nods and hypotheticals aren't exchanged with media then I don't know what to tell you.

So what media has confirmed any part of the stories being presented here other than he decommitted? All we have here is a Tweet from Litton, looking like it was sent before FNL even started, apologizing for backing out of his commitment.

I can't link this one.... I'm the source. I spoke with a member of the USF staff(non coach) this morning who confirmed that the coaches were contacted via phone.... But well after the tweet was posted. That's all I know... I purposefully asked a very simple question and got a very simple answer. I have no other details as to the status of his offer.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

You're correct... coaches cannot officially talk about recruits.... but if you think winks and nods and hypotheticals aren't exchanged with media then I don't know what to tell you.

So what media has confirmed any part of the stories being presented here other than he decommitted? All we have here is a Tweet from Litton, looking like it was sent before FNL even started, apologizing for backing out of his commitment.

I can't link this one.... I'm the source. I spoke with a member of the USF staff(non coach) this morning who confirmed that the coaches were contacted via phone.... But well after the tweet was posted. That's all I know... I purposefully asked a very simple question and got a very simple answer. I have no other details as to the status of his offer.

Fair enough. At least we have some kind of reference point. Only reason I mentioned media source is that you referred to them in the post I quoted ...  

I was speaking of media in general at that point. He made the blanket statement that coaches couldn't talk... Which directly is true but indirect communication happens all the time.

Chase was telling people that. NCAA coaches weren't the source.

Link up or shut up.

totally done with linking and having people then argue, whether what he said was the meaning of the the word, "is". I know what he said. I'm fine with that.He said it in numerous places. If you want to be slightly industrious, go find it for yourself.

ps. If you had been even moderately polite in your request. I would have likely gone and tracked down the 2 sources that I had.

But that's the thing, most people would prefer to see what's actually being posted to interpret it for themselves .... but I can fully understand you not wanting to go that route.

I was speaking of media in general at that point. He made the blanket statement that coaches couldn't talk... Which directly is true but indirect communication happens all the time.

But will the media actually put in writing something based on a wink/nod/hypothetical?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

But will the media actually put in writing something based on a wink/nod/hypothetical?

For subscribers only. :)

I was actually just going to say the same thing.

I was actually just going to say the same thing.

This board is not here to host discussion about the pay sites.  Please refrain. 

It is to here to discuss prospects and potential recruits, and I suppose, recruits (although official recruits - signed - are discussed on main board).

Thank you.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^ lol. That post has to be a joke, in this instance.