• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Juice â€@CL14_8h

supporters turn into haters

Was he expecting people to pat him on the back and tell him "Great job handling that USF situation!"

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Juice â€@CL14_8h

What did the kid expect? You talk about building a hometown legacy like a preacher, then he turns around and decommits. It's just odd; he had to expect people to hate on him.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

maybe fans shouldn't get into pissing matches with recruits and/or the recruits' family members....let the process play out. if the kid ends up coming here, great, if not, oh well....let them make the decision for themselves

of course, this is what happens when recruits put themselves out there on various forms of social media

:2cents:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

If the bottom line to come out of all this is that the Bulls snag Tyler Harris instead of Chase Litton, I'm fine with it. I had those guys as the top pro passing prospects for the Bulls. And if you believe me, I actually had Harris ahead of Litton by a hair.

But I don't think people should be turning on and completely hating Litton. He could have handled this better but at the same time, this is pretty **** common. What was the saying? Verbal commitments aren't worth the paper they're NOT printed on?

Guy could still be in play for South Florida and I for one would be happy to have him, although my focus would be on Tyler Harris first, only because Litton seems really up in the air right now.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I don't see all forums, but I don't see "haters", tho' that's the cool think for kids to call people that aren't "with them".

If he didn't tell Taggart he was decommitting, that's bush league, and may (should, IMO) mean the schollie is permanently revoked. It's not a butthurt thing, it's a matter of business:  Taggart needs to secure areas of need, and count them while he pursues other recruits.  If Taggart & Litton don't have better options, and Taggart is OK (or at least accepting) of this decommit, then maybe Litton winds up here.

I'd like to see Harris get picked up, but it's hard to determine the effect of Litton on local recruits.  The fact that Bronson (4 star WR) lists us at his top, and a few recruits have come out already saying this doesn't affect them, is a good sign.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Juice â€@CL14_8h

It's this simple Chase...you turn your back on your hometown team when we are trying to build a Tampa legacy and flirt with the hated Gators...yeah, you are going to get some beef. If you put on for your city man, we will love you.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

"The Decision"

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Gators already have Wil Grier as their poster boy QB in this class...Litton would just be insurance and wouldn't have a chance to build that hometown legacy. I really don't know what he is thinking if UF is his gameplan.

Edited by bullcocky101

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I don't see all forums, but I don't see "haters", tho' that's the cool think for kids to call people that aren't "with them".

If he didn't tell Taggart he was decommitting, that's bush league, and may (should, IMO) mean the schollie is permanently revoked. It's not a butthurt thing, it's a matter of business:  Taggart needs to secure areas of need, and count them while he pursues other recruits.  If Taggart & Litton don't have better options, and Taggart is OK (or at least accepting) of this decommit, then maybe Litton winds up here.

I'd like to see Harris get picked up, but it's hard to determine the effect of Litton on local recruits.  The fact that Bronson (4 star WR) lists us at his top, and a few recruits have come out already saying this doesn't affect them, is a good sign.

I think primarily Twitter is where Chase is feeling the brunt of the "haters". And I have zero doubt that they're there. Just in this thread there are plenty people hating all over the place instead of understanding that a 17 year old kid is having a hard time making a decision that will seriously influence the rest of his life.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I think primarily Twitter is where Chase is feeling the brunt of the "haters". And I have zero doubt that they're there. Just in this thread there are plenty people hating all over the place instead of understanding that a 17 year old kid is having a hard time making a decision that will seriously influence the rest of his life.

Mot of the people here complaining about his decommintment aren't complaining that he did it, rather how he did it.

Edited by dogma