• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I don't see all forums, but I don't see "haters", tho' that's the cool think for kids to call people that aren't "with them".

If he didn't tell Taggart he was decommitting, that's bush league, and may (should, IMO) mean the schollie is permanently revoked. It's not a butthurt thing, it's a matter of business:  Taggart needs to secure areas of need, and count them while he pursues other recruits.  If Taggart & Litton don't have better options, and Taggart is OK (or at least accepting) of this decommit, then maybe Litton winds up here.

I'd like to see Harris get picked up, but it's hard to determine the effect of Litton on local recruits.  The fact that Bronson (4 star WR) lists us at his top, and a few recruits have come out already saying this doesn't affect them, is a good sign.

I think primarily Twitter is where Chase is feeling the brunt of the "haters". And I have zero doubt that they're there. Just in this thread there are plenty people hating all over the place instead of understanding that a 17 year old kid is having a hard time making a decision that will seriously influence the rest of his life.

Mot of the people here complaining about his decommintment aren't complaining that he did it, rather how he did it.

Amen...I don't see the hate.  Just not liking the way he handled it, and speaking for myself, am actually hoping we get a better QB.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

"Commitments" before the season never last. If he ends up at USF great, but i'm not surprised by this at all.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

VH3's doing?

Edited by Bull

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I don't see all forums, but I don't see "haters", tho' that's the cool think for kids to call people that aren't "with them".

If he didn't tell Taggart he was decommitting, that's bush league, and may (should, IMO) mean the schollie is permanently revoked. It's not a butthurt thing, it's a matter of business: Taggart needs to secure areas of need, and count them while he pursues other recruits. If Taggart & Litton don't have better options, and Taggart is OK (or at least accepting) of this decommit, then maybe Litton winds up here.

I'd like to see Harris get picked up, but it's hard to determine the effect of Litton on local recruits. The fact that Bronson (4 star WR) lists us at his top, and a few recruits have come out already saying this doesn't affect them, is a good sign.

I think primarily Twitter is where Chase is feeling the brunt of the "haters". And I have zero doubt that they're there. Just in this thread there are plenty people hating all over the place instead of understanding that a 17 year old kid is having a hard time making a decision that will seriously influence the rest of his life.

Mot of the people here complaining about his decommintment aren't complaining that he did it, rather how he did it.

Exactly. Coaches found out about this decommit on Twitter... If you want to decomnit cool but be a man about it and tell the coaches first.

Don't want him back as thus just another in a long line of red flags on Litton

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not commenting on the decommitment, or even whether he would be a good player or not. I will say though, if he is a convicted felon, Florida seems like the perfect place

Edited by FatDaddyBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

The thing is that nobody knows for sure what happened to make him decommit but the way he handled it was just wrong ... but not real surprising for a 17 year old, who come in all shapes and sizes when it comes to maturity ... Problem I have is where are the parents in all this? Hopefully he didn't tell them before he did this because if not, they did him a real disservice in allowing him to handle it this way.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

247 article out now. Free tease section says "USF remains in the picture with Litton"

Wonder if USF feels the same way...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I think the whole thing where it's not the fact that he de-committed but it's the way he de-committed, is just being used as an excuse to legitimize hatred that people were going to have over the development regardless of how he did it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

247 article out now. Free tease section says "USF remains in the picture with Litton"

Wonder if USF feels the same way...

If he's worth it, I hope so .... after he does some splainin to CWT.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The only problem I have with the commitments that are really commitments, is that is changes up the recruiting.  When a kid tells you that they are "committed" you lighten up on recruiting their position.  Don't commit unless you're sure.