• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Has there been any confirmation of a Tweet that may or may not have been him saying it?

His Team Tampa coaches have confirmed it.... He also apparently didn't contact CWT or the staff.... They found out via twitter.

Good luck Chase... Hope you enjoy the girls at FIU.

If that's true then he's not grown or responsible, much less a leader

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

jackson, got it. Much less worried about potential fallout when i read this kind of response. Some kid's are just chucklheads. Some kids already have it figured out

Why commit and decommit within a month?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Has there been any confirmation of a Tweet that may or may not have been him saying it?

His Team Tampa coaches have confirmed it.... He also apparently didn't contact CWT or the staff.... They found out via twitter.

Wow...if that's true, he's done here. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Strange. I thought he was all about USF. He was trying to recruit for us around the bay area and everything.

Sounds like he may have heard UF was knocking on the door, so he told us to leave and let UF in. In the Rutgers picture he was wearing a UF bracelet. Must be a pre-existing love for UF. It's hard to fight against that.

He's free to do what he wants, but out of respect, it is a little messed up not to let the coaching staff know beforehand.

Goo luck to him. Hope we can still bring Harris or Flowers

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

If he didn't tell the coaches, I trust CWT considers the schollie offer closed and moved on.  There is a right & wrong way to do this.  This guy called a presser to announce what we all knew.

In this case, there were many USF fans on the fence with this kid, so I don't expect the butthurt to be like it was with Cameron & Woulard.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing who Taggart gets, as I wasn't thrilled with Litton.  Not so much because of his criminal history, but just the vibe I got (unscientific as it is).

Wonder what changed his mind?

If not already, I think USF should rescind the offer. Instincts are telling me this is one to avoid.

He probably thinks he has a chance to go to UF.

UF has a 4 star QB in this class.  He should ask Brissett how it works following a higher recruited QB.  I doubt UF takes him, but if they do, look for a Litton transfer shortly after.  UF will always have QB options better than Litton.  But, if he wants to hold a clipboard & be a Gator, that's his call...it's a great country.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

If he didn't tell the coaches, I trust CWT considers the schollie offer closed and moved on.  There is a right & wrong way to do this.  This guy called a presser to announce what we all knew.

In this case, there were many USF fans on the fence with this kid, so I don't expect the butthurt to be like it was with Cameron & Woulard.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing who Taggart gets, as I wasn't thrilled with Litton.  Not so much because of his criminal history, but just the vibe I got (unscientific as it is).

I know what you mean about vibes with players. Doesn't have to be scientific. Baseball scouts rely on this over statistics sometimes. I saw an ESPN documentary about this once. Can't remember the name.

I liked the kid. I was really excited to have him. I don't know much about Harris, but have watched a little video. I would be happy with Harris coming here. I just hope he doesn't feel like we turned our back on him when Litton committed. Hopefully, he understands.

Latest word is that Tyler Harris spoke with Greg Auman and is still interested in USF.

Please yes..... Much safer and stable option.

+100

Actually think we should stay after Flowers as well. His decommitt I found to be genuine and understood as opposed to Litton who i think used USF as a media platform and betrayed a trust. I think Flowers expressed a reason for what he did and also, i believe, did it with as much of a concern for the program, as for himself.

Not sure how to trust the star system here, but Harris is rated a 4 star on Scout, but is down to SMU?  Still, I know little about him other than he's tall and not slight of build, and apparently football smart.  I liked him more than Litton early on, so maybe Litton is doing us a huge favor (better QB, without the baggage).  The only downside I see may be his ability to help pull local recruits...but maybe Harris opens a GA pipeline.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

if we are going off highlight videos tyler Harris's is really freaking good.

I know what you mean about vibes with players. Doesn't have to be scientific. Baseball scouts rely on this over statistics sometimes. I saw an ESPN documentary about this once. Can't remember the name.

I liked the kid. I was really excited to have him. I don't know much about Harris, but have watched a little video. I would be happy with Harris coming here. I just hope he doesn't feel like we turned our back on him when Litton committed. Hopefully, he understands.

Hopefully Harris respects that WE honored the commitment, and weren't going to dump Litton even with a better option.  Now, Litton is gone, we can turn to Harris & say, "We'd like you to be a Bull...and we've give you that same commitment.  Once you're on board, we'll not chase other pro-style QBs".  Hard for Harris or other recruits not to respect integrity.

This is the potential downside to our newfound heavy "commits" so early in the season...some are bound to change their minds.  The upside:  AMPLE time to better our lot in these cases.

Great to see some recruits (on the bus, and those staring at the door from curbside) offer comments that this does NOT affect their decisions.