• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

We know the dad of another QB in Hillsborough County (who's son committed to FIU so Litton isn't going there).  Knows Litton pretty well and he thought the kid was a solid commit.  So this one came as a big surprise to me.  Same guy said the kid was pretty talented so was looking forward to him coming here.  Glad he didn't do this in November.  As others have said, still time to latch onto someone. Would still like to see McGough come here just to be able to see him play. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

I am done with Litton. Not playing the pre madonna this year after Woulard.   Dont want him back on the bus if he is going to waffle. I want people who want to be here.   Not saying he is bad player but it sends a bad message to the rest of players who have committed. I would rather they wait closer to december when it is almost signing day.

• Upvote 3

• Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

According to Scout, Tyler Harris is the highest rated QB not committed.  He shows an offer from Bama & UK, but they have higher rated QBs (same site shows he holds an offer from us, so draw your own conclusions).

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=10&yr=2014

I hope Coach Taggart makes a run at Harris, and we lock him in.  Litton can chose his own path, and I wish him no ill will...but I'm great with us getting a new QB, but I think if we want Harris, we need to move swiftly.  Too bad Taggart & Co. can't speak about the Litton situation...would love to be fly on his wall to hear his take.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I wouldn't expect any recruits to drop off from the Litton situation. Sounds like on twitter that current commits didn't have a huge amount of respect for Litton to start with.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

harris would be a good replacement

auman said hes in play if USF goes after him

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Has there been any confirmation of a Tweet that may or may not have been him saying it?

His Team Tampa coaches have confirmed it.... He also apparently didn't contact CWT or the staff.... They found out via twitter.

Thanks .... This recruiting stuff is like a soap opera.

yeah trip this isn't your style

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

We know the dad of another QB in Hillsborough County (who's son committed to FIU so Litton isn't going there). Knows Litton pretty well and he thought the kid was a solid commit. So this one came as a big surprise to me. Same guy said the kid was pretty talented so was looking forward to him coming here. Glad he didn't do this in November. As others have said, still time to latch onto someone. Would still like to see McGough come here just to be able to see him play.

I would LOVE to see McGough here... Kid has great leadership skills and a good mental grasp of the game.

• Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

We know the dad of another QB in Hillsborough County (who's son committed to FIU so Litton isn't going there). Knows Litton pretty well and he thought the kid was a solid commit. So this one came as a big surprise to me. Same guy said the kid was pretty talented so was looking forward to him coming here. Glad he didn't do this in November. As others have said, still time to latch onto someone. Would still like to see McGough come here just to be able to see him play.

I would LOVE to see McGough here... Kid has great leadership skills and a good mental grasp of the game.

Don't know much about him, but looked him up...not rated.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

anyone notice the UF bracelet lol

Good eye. That, my friends, was what many in literary circles refer to as foreshadowing. :D Let the kid enjoy his recruitment period now that he's opened it back up. He'll get courted by the Gators, and once he realizes that he'll likely be riding the pine for a few years there and that he has a real chance to make quite a legacy here at home in Tampa, he'll once again commit to USF. I'm not worried, if it's meant to be, it will be. We've been jilted by QB's before--see Brent Schaffer, Tyler Cameron, Ashianti Woulard, etc.

• Upvote 1