• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

He decommited because he got busted going to UF w/o talking to the coaches about it. Then tweeted that he was decommitted before they could pull his offer. I am certain, that they are done with his shenanigans.

How do you know this? Schools don't pull offers because a kid goes to another school for a camp or an official visit. Chase's commitment, I use that word loosely, isnt set in stone to the point that CWT and his staff cannot comment on recruits/commitments until they have signed with USF per NCAA rules. Also, if you have proof that CWT and his staff were going to do that, please share. They aren't going to be very successful by pulling offers every time a kid visits another school. I think you're just throwing s#*t against the wall to see if it sticks.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

He decommited because he got busted going to UF w/o talking to the coaches about it. Then tweeted that he was decommitted before they could pull his offer. I am certain, that they are done with his shenanigans.

How do you know this? Schools don't pull offers because a kid goes to another school for a camp or an official visit. Chase's commitment, I use that word loosely, isnt set in stone to the point that CWT and his staff cannot comment on recruits/commitments until they have signed with USF per NCAA rules. Also, if you have proof that CWT and his staff were going to do that, please share. They aren't going to be very successful by pulling offers every time a kid visits another school. I think you're just throwing s#*t against the wall to see if it sticks.

Wrong...we've seen several cases where schools have pulled schollies after telling them, essentially, "Commitment is bilateral.  We're not looking to displace you, so we're focusing elsewhere.  If you aren't ready to commit, don't.  But if you do, we won't chase others, and you won't take OVs.  If you do...our offer is rescinded".

truth is, we don't know the circumstances of the decommit, or what Taggart does from here.  But we will eventually, and hope that Taggart gets the best QB available.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Doesn't Michigan flat out tell its recruits, if you commit and shop around, your offer is pulled? Thought someone posted that recently.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Doesn't Michigan flat out tell its recruits, if you commit and shop around, your offer is pulled? Thought someone posted that recently.

Several schools do.  If you don't want to commit, not a problem.  Once you are committed, we are counting on you.

What is really needed is an early signing period.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

17 year old kids change their minds.  Let the kid, his parents, and the coaches figure out which school to attend.  With all the social media, Facebooking, twittering, etc. of today too many people end up in picture clouding up things for a high school kid and his decision making for choosing a college to play football.  Leave him alone...if he finally ends up at USF, great, otherwise good luck to him wherever he attends college.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

17 year old kids change their minds.  Let the kid, his parents, and the coaches figure out which school to attend.  With all the social media, Facebooking, twittering, etc. of today too many people end up in picture clouding up things for a high school kid and his decision making for choosing a college to play football.  Leave him alone...if he finally ends up at USF, great, otherwise good luck to him wherever he attends college.

Stop being reasonable!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

We know the dad of another QB in Hillsborough County (who's son committed to FIU so Litton isn't going there). Knows Litton pretty well and he thought the kid was a solid commit. So this one came as a big surprise to me. Same guy said the kid was pretty talented so was looking forward to him coming here. Glad he didn't do this in November. As others have said, still time to latch onto someone. Would still like to see McGough come here just to be able to see him play.

I would LOVE to see McGough here... Kid has great leadership skills and a good mental grasp of the game.

Don't know much about him, but looked him up...not rated.

Going into his junior year I believe the Times had him as 5th best QB in Tampa Bay area.  Don't ask for a link. Just something I remember reading.  Worked on his throwing motion this past off season with pretty good results, according to his dad. Haven't seen him play myself and I wouldn't know good form from bad.  But he committed to FIU on Father's Day.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Read my thread on McGough that I just put up. He wants to come to USF, and now I hear we are on him.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Where are you getting this story from?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Take a breath.... this happens at many schools all the time. Heck USF did it with Tyler Cameron a couple of years ago when he went to Wake Forest for a visit after committing.