• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Litton & McGough are friends.  From McGough's dad.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Litton & McGough are friends.  From McGough's dad.

I'm not sure I understand what McGough's dad is trying to say though. Why would Chase Litton feel "pressure" to de-commit from USF because some people in UF were floating rumors that he was going to de-commit?

That would be like if at my office I caught wind that there's a rumor floating around that I'm going to quit, and so I said to myself "Well ****, I guess I've got to quit."

It doesn't pass the smell test.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The 12 year old burns another bridge. So done with him

Litton: USF no longer felt like home

Fri. August 2, 2013 | Joey Knight | Email

blog%2Fimages%2Flead%2F10966343.JPG

Following his recent de-commitment from USF, Wharton senior quarterback Chase Litton told the Tampa Bay Times on Friday he doesn't plan on making another college decision anytime soon.

The Bulls remain on his radar, though Litton said he de-committed because it seemed the USF staff was using him primarily to lure other recruits.

"That's what happens when you commit to a school; they're going to use you for that. But at times, I felt like that was the only reason," said Litton, who has roughly 10 offers.

"Like, the only reason they'd talk to me is because, 'Here, try to get this guy on board, try to get this guy,' when it was never, 'How you doing? We want you to come down and watch some film with us.' ... There were a lot of factors (surrounding the decision), but that was just adding on to it and that  just pushed it to the top."

Arguably the bay area's top senior QB prospect, Litton (6-foot-5, 203 pounds), who led Team Tampa to a national title at last month's IMG 7-on-7 tournament, said he still has offers from LSU, FAU, FIU, Marshall, Western Kentucky, Georgia State and UMass.

The LSU offer is on paper, he added.

"Right now I'm just going to focus on Wharton and be committed to Wharton," he said. "Hopefully I'll have a great senior season. USF will obviously still be in the picture and hopefully more to come."

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/litton-usf-no-longer-felt-home/17837/

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

According to the "other" QB's dad, some people up at UF started rumors while he was up there that he was decommiting from USF.  Feeling some sort of pressure, he tweeted the decommitment.  He was very surprised at this turn of events.  You can comment on how "if that's how he's going to handle pressure". 

This makes zero sense to me, and even if it were true, it doesn't reflect positively on Litton.

Trashing the Coaches????? I am sure they are done with him too. I guess the moron doesn't realize that the traditional role of a QB recruit is to bring in other recruits. We dodged a bullet here, this kid is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Litton: USF no longer felt like home

Guess what. It ain't home cause you are kicked out of the house.

"That's what happens when you commit to a school; they're going to use you for that. But at times, I felt like that was the only reason," said Litton, who has roughly 10 offers.

Cause with all of his experience in committing to D-1 Colleges, he knows what happens.

The LSU offer is on paper, he added.

What do you wanting to bet LSU is on the phone explaining that his offer in Noncommitable, right now

Edited by Bullwinkle

Well that explains it.

To me that's a lesson learned for this coaching staff. They were obviously a little too zealous in how they used Litton to try and lure in all the other kids around the area.

People don't imagine how tough a position that can be for anyone, let alone a 17 year old kid. If you've got respect for the decision making process and how all these kids need to do what is best for them and their futures, yet you've got the team you committed to essentially pimping you out to try and convince them to make a life altering decision...I would be pretty conflicted too. I would feel a bit used. There's an insensitivity when you put a kid in that kind of position. It's like a parent asking their kid "why don't you talk to all your little friends and see if their parents need an insurance agent, here give them my card". Not everyone is comfortable with being turned from athlete into car salesman.

Essentially when Chase de-committed, he was telling them...I'm not doing this for you anymore. I may end up there, if you still want me, but I'm not going to keep being pimped by you guys all year like this.

I'm an empathetic guy. I try not to cast judgment on people. I try to understand their point of view. Hence, I try and not be so quick or vicious in judgment.

However there are people that I have almost zero respect for, because I have made every attempt to see their point of view and still come away feeling that they are selfish, shallow, delusional people. And it always surprises me when I end up feeling that way about someone, specifically because I make every effort to avoid that conclusion.

Other local commits responding that what he said is "Bull****" man

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Looks like Tajee is pissed about it.

@Holly_Wood_2: ******** Man, Ainee NOBODY Commit Cause Of His Ass.

@Holly_Wood_2: Hate When People Try To Talk **** But You Was All On Tv Talkin Bout How Much You Love USF.

@Holly_Wood_2: Needa Watch Who We Let In The #DreamTeam

@Holly_Wood_2: Tryna Keep My Cool On Dis Bihh.

• Upvote 1