• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You know why I'm trying to empathize with Litton's point of view on all this?

Because that's exactly what I would do if I were USF's coaches.

And if you really think about things that way, certain things start to make sense. You get a kid all excited with talk of a "Tampa dynasty" and getting all the Tampa talent to stay here. He gets excited and he goes along with it. But then you start taking him for granted. Every phone call is about telling him to start putting pressure on this guy or this guy to come here. In the mean time, Tyler Harris is still coming to your recruiting events. You've still got an offer out there for Wanky Flowers. Both are out of town guys.

What if Chase looks at that and starts thinking...man, they don't want me to QB for them, they just want me to help them bring in all the Tampa talent and then they'll still bring in some other QB they like better from Miami or Georgia.

Bottom line if I'm the USF coaches I look at that situation thinking we need to learn a lesson from it.

And you don't think it's even slightly possible that Litton isn't being honest and just trying to cover his ass? You do have to admit that CWT has just a shade more credibility if you're looking at their entire body of work.

• Upvote 1

And if you really think about things that way, certain things start to make sense. You get a kid all excited with talk of a "Tampa dynasty" and getting all the Tampa talent to stay here. He gets excited and he goes along with it. But then you start taking him for granted. Every phone call is about telling him to start putting pressure on this guy or this guy to come here. In the mean time, Tyler Harris is still coming to your recruiting events. You've still got an offer out there for Wanky Flowers. Both are out of town guys.

What if Chase looks at that and starts thinking...man, they don't want me to QB for them, they just want me to help them bring in all the Tampa talent and then they'll still bring in some other QB they like better from Miami or Georgia.

Bottom line if I'm the USF coaches I look at that situation thinking we need to learn a lesson from it.

You're just making stuff up now. The kid, thought he was gonna get a UF offer, he bailed without telling the coaches, Came back with some half assed apologies, got his offer pulled and is now trying to make up an alternative theory. How many times you gonna have to get bounced off that Turnip Truck Parrot??

Holy ****. Are you and I on the same page right now?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

You're just making stuff up now. The kid, thought he was gonna get a UF offer, he bailed without telling the coaches, Came back with some half assed apologies, got his offer pulled and is now trying to make up an alternative theory. How many times you gonna have to get bounced off that Turnip Truck Parrot??

The irony of this post is delicious.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Chase just confirmed that USF has pulled his offer. Oh and he isn't "considering" them either.

want to thank USF for everything they have done but I will no longer be considering them and vice versa .. goodluck

At least it didn't take 200 pages this time.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

And you don't think it's even slightly possible that Litton isn't being honest and just trying to cover his ass? You do have to admit that CWT has just a shade more credibility if you're looking at their entire body of work.

Except you haven't heard a single word out of CWT denying any of this. In fact there's loads of evidence suggesting that everything Litton said is true. The Bulls DID use him as a de facto recruiter. There's plenty of evidence of that.

I don't know how credibility can possibly come into it when there's no statement that you have to determine is true or not. If CWT steps up and says what Chase is saying isn't true, he really de-committed because he expected an offer from Florida, then so be it. Let's determine who is more credible.

That hasn't happened. I'm willing to bet USF's response to hearing Litton say all this was just, "Well ****...I wish he would have let us know he wasn't as comfortable with the arrangement."

Which is why I believe that what happened was just an error in communication, an unfortunate situation that needs to be learned from.

But no. Everyone wants the kid to be the devil in this. They demand it because they like wearing t-shirts and cheering for touchdowns.

CWT is legally prevented from commenting, which is why Litton can say anything he wants.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Ck, this young adult has had behavior and temperament issues before, this is not the first time.

Coach T is one of the top up and coming coaches in the country, sorry but this just stinks of BS.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I understand there is some pressure when something like recruiting is placed on your shoulders.

Physical skills or not, I will say that for me, those kind of comments do show me that this kid is not ready to be put in the kind of leadership role required of a D1 QB.

If he can't handle the pressure of being asked to recruit in his hometown, which is a relatively small and non pressure media market. How will he handle trying to be a QB in the SEC in a place like Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa where that is all they live and breathe for year round.

None of the other junk bothered me with this kid, but this reaction turned me off completely. He may be physically ready to play at a high level, but I am questioning if he is going to be able to hold up in having to play football, deal with classes and deal with what is required of a D1 QB. Maybe at FAU or FCS school.

Let's see what happens after another year of maturing.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Chase just confirmed that USF has pulled his offer. Oh and he isn't "considering" them either.

Chase Litton @CL14_

want to thank USF for everything they have done but I will no longer be considering them and vice versa .. goodluck

At least it didn't take 200 pages this time.

Well if he hadn't burned his bridge yet, he sure napalmed it with all this.

Also looks as though he deleted his Twitter account.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

Well that explains it.

To me that's a lesson learned for this coaching staff. They were obviously a little too zealous in how they used Litton to try and lure in all the other kids around the area.

People don't imagine how tough a position that can be for anyone, let alone a 17 year old kid. If you've got respect for the decision making process and how all these kids need to do what is best for them and their futures, yet you've got the team you committed to essentially pimping you out to try and convince them to make a life altering decision...I would be pretty conflicted too. I would feel a bit used. There's an insensitivity when you put a kid in that kind of position. It's like a parent asking their kid "why don't you talk to all your little friends and see if their parents need an insurance agent, here give them my card". Not everyone is comfortable with being turned from athlete into car salesman.

Essentially when Chase de-committed, he was telling them...I'm not doing this for you anymore. I may end up there, if you still want me, but I'm not going to keep being pimped by you guys all year like this.

It's been quite a while since I was 17, but I would think a 17-year old might be flattered that the team thinks so highly of me that they think others should feel the same way, and are saying, "come join us, and Chase Litton will be throwing TD passes to you for the next 4 years..."  

What kid would realistically not LOVE that?  

I feel what you're saying but that's not precisely what Chase is describing. He's saying that most of the time when the team was contacting him or calling him, they were telling him to help them recruit someone.

That's a lot different.

Simply put, he felt like he was being pimped.

Your really out to lunch on this one. If he really felt like that, which I doubt, why wouldn't he just tell the coaches instead of GOING TO THE NEWSPAPER with it.

I think, this is all because they kicked him to the curb after the last disaster. this is clearly an attempt at retribution on his part.  As to being rational?????? Thank you Tajee. CALLED IT!!!!

I gotta say, I feel like BillReef may be onto something here.  

He was kicked to the curb last Friday?

I don't know when, but something tells me that USF might have removed the offer and this is the way Litton is handling it.  

Then why would he say in the article USF is obviously still in it? .... And apparently his latest Tweet confirms that the offer wasn't pulled until just now. This is just another case of throwing **** against the wall. Why is it so hard to believe that what he said is what he believes. Already seen that he apparently has some maturity issues and him thinking what he said in the article isn't a stretch. Something changed as of last Friday afternoon, maybe one day the truth will come out .... On one hand glad the soap opera is over. On the other, still looking for a 2014 qb recruit.