• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

So... If you are another coach, what do you make of this drama? Does this hurt his chances at another D1 school?

Of course the coaches will hear his and maybe Taggart's side.

Do college coaches ever talk to each other about potential recruits?? Thought it was pretty much a dog eat dog business .... possibly, though I guess, coaches/friends could communicate with each other.

Yes, they do. I've seen it happen first hand.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

You know why I'm trying to empathize with Litton's point of view on all this?

Because that's exactly what I would do if I were USF's coaches.

And if you really think about things that way, certain things start to make sense. You get a kid all excited with talk of a "Tampa dynasty" and getting all the Tampa talent to stay here. He gets excited and he goes along with it. But then you start taking him for granted. Every phone call is about telling him to start putting pressure on this guy or this guy to come here. In the mean time, Tyler Harris is still coming to your recruiting events. You've still got an offer out there for Wanky Flowers. Both are out of town guys.

What if Chase looks at that and starts thinking...man, they don't want me to QB for them, they just want me to help them bring in all the Tampa talent and then they'll still bring in some other QB they like better from Miami or Georgia.

Bottom line if I'm the USF coaches I look at that situation thinking we need to learn a lesson from it.

I believe past USF coaches put all their eggs in 1 qb basket....not a good idea...and isn't training camp getting ready to start? This kid is upset they aren't asking him to come hang out? They are asking him to be a rep for the school and work on other kids to get them here and he doesn't feel the love?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Next.  We need to give Rosarch ink blot test to all players before we offer scholarships and banners that say Crazy pre madonnas need not apply. 

Litton was a prima donna...but he wasn't pre madonna.  That mistake just makes me laugh...not picking on you, as many do it, but it make me think of the old pix of Madonna, before she made it big (USF grads in the early '80s may recall those pix).

But I think coaches were aware of the risks of bringing Litton on board, as well as the potential upside.  In the end, you can't always predict how a 17 year old will act, especially if he's got strong outside influences (and some suggest, little or even poor "in-home counsel").

As stated earlier, I think we avoid a TON of drama & potential cancer by breaking ties early in the process, and focusing on other QBs.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What's the over/under on weeks until Litton has his twitter cranked up again and starts fishing for attention?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

What's the over/under on weeks until Litton has his twitter cranked up again and starts fishing for attention?

more like days

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

more like days

He's just misunderstood (sarc)

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

this is hilarious

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

I agree with ckparrothead's approach when considering the judgment of 17 year olds, however there does seem to be a pretty compelling case that Chase did not handle this well.

First by going to UF without telling the coaches. He was putting himself out there as a flagship of sorts.

Second by not calling the coaches to decommit. At best it was poor communication at worst it was cowardly.

Third, this article seems like he is trying to take revenge. Why not keep silent at this point? It seems likely that he tried to get back in the fold and was rebuffed.

Most of this us speculation but it seems like this young man may have poor judgment even by 17 year old standards. Given that, I can see why they may want to pass on him - I would agree.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Inappropriate attitude to be displaying about a 17 year old kid, IMO.

Some people believe that football is life or death.

I actually prefer this to listening to people defend abusive coaches, saying the kids should suck it up and take the abuse.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

17 is not a kid, how old are you people??? Can you really not remember being 17??? He is a young adult, perfectly capable of sound judgement and making correct choices. Just like many of you did when you were growing up.

In a few short months he can go off and fight for his country if he chose, he can drive, he can fly a plane, etc

He is not a kid

That being said, good luck to him wherever he lands.