• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Alright I can see that emotions are running way too high on this subject and neither rationality nor compassion are going to prevail so I'll go ahead and step out of this subject.

Step out if you will, but you have to see a progression of events with this whole thing that doesn't quite line up with Litton's assertions.  He was pretty active about a Tampa dynasty on Twitter, didn't look like it was forced upon him to me.  I think you might be correct in defining where Litton's head is at right now but there's a whole 'nother side you may possibly be ignoring.  

Well that explains it.

To me that's a lesson learned for this coaching staff. They were obviously a little too zealous in how they used Litton to try and lure in all the other kids around the area.

People don't imagine how tough a position that can be for anyone, let alone a 17 year old kid. If you've got respect for the decision making process and how all these kids need to do what is best for them and their futures, yet you've got the team you committed to essentially pimping you out to try and convince them to make a life altering decision...I would be pretty conflicted too. I would feel a bit used. There's an insensitivity when you put a kid in that kind of position. It's like a parent asking their kid "why don't you talk to all your little friends and see if their parents need an insurance agent, here give them my card". Not everyone is comfortable with being turned from athlete into car salesman.

Essentially when Chase de-committed, he was telling them...I'm not doing this for you anymore. I may end up there, if you still want me, but I'm not going to keep being pimped by you guys all year like this.

It's been quite a while since I was 17, but I would think a 17-year old might be flattered that the team thinks so highly of me that they think others should feel the same way, and are saying, "come join us, and Chase Litton will be throwing TD passes to you for the next 4 years..."  

What kid would realistically not LOVE that?  

I feel what you're saying but that's not precisely what Chase is describing. He's saying that most of the time when the team was contacting him or calling him, they were telling him to help them recruit someone.

That's a lot different.

Simply put, he felt like he was being pimped.

Your really out to lunch on this one. If he really felt like that, which I doubt, why wouldn't he just tell the coaches instead of GOING TO THE NEWSPAPER with it.

I think, this is all because they kicked him to the curb after the last disaster. this is clearly an attempt at retribution on his part.  As to being rational?????? Thank you Tajee. CALLED IT!!!!

I gotta say, I feel like BillReef may be onto something here.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Your really out to lunch on this one. If he really felt like that, which I doubt, why wouldn't he just tell the coaches instead of GOING TO THE NEWSPAPER with it.

I think, this is all because they kicked him to the curb after the last disaster. this is clearly an attempt at retribution on his part.  As to being rational?????? Thank you Tajee. CALLED IT!!!!

Yes the 17 year old kid going on a curse-laden twitter rampage is totally approaching this whole subject rationally. LMAO.

Can't say I'm surprised you would say that though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

@Holly_Wood_2: He Thought He Was Gunna Get Offered From Florida When He Went Up There Thats Why He Decommited.

Any other local commits weighing in?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

Well that explains it.

To me that's a lesson learned for this coaching staff. They were obviously a little too zealous in how they used Litton to try and lure in all the other kids around the area.

People don't imagine how tough a position that can be for anyone, let alone a 17 year old kid. If you've got respect for the decision making process and how all these kids need to do what is best for them and their futures, yet you've got the team you committed to essentially pimping you out to try and convince them to make a life altering decision...I would be pretty conflicted too. I would feel a bit used. There's an insensitivity when you put a kid in that kind of position. It's like a parent asking their kid "why don't you talk to all your little friends and see if their parents need an insurance agent, here give them my card". Not everyone is comfortable with being turned from athlete into car salesman.

Essentially when Chase de-committed, he was telling them...I'm not doing this for you anymore. I may end up there, if you still want me, but I'm not going to keep being pimped by you guys all year like this.

It's been quite a while since I was 17, but I would think a 17-year old might be flattered that the team thinks so highly of me that they think others should feel the same way, and are saying, "come join us, and Chase Litton will be throwing TD passes to you for the next 4 years..."  

I feel what you're saying but that's not precisely what Chase is describing. He's saying that most of the time when the team was contacting him or calling him, they were telling him to help them recruit someone.

That's a lot different.

He was kicked to the curb last Friday?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

@Holly_Wood_2: He Thought He Was Gunna Get Offered From Florida When He Went Up There Thats Why He Decommited.

I thought I had you blocked :huh:

Well that explains it.

That's a lot different.

He was kicked to the curb last Friday?

I don't know when, but something tells me that USF might have removed the offer and this is the way Litton is handling it.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Yea Trip, Abraham has taken the less drastic approach lol

@DevinAbraham23: I have no problem. His decision. Still my boy regardless

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Yes the 17 year old kid going on a curse-laden twitter rampage is totally approaching this whole subject rationally. LMAO.

Can't say I'm surprised you would say that though.

The 17 year old kid cursing on Twitter is doing as 17 year olds do... hasn't that been the drum you've been beating?!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Didn't he participate in an article entitled, "Litton Embracing Role as Recruiter" that was written a few weeks ago? That doesn't sound like they were leaning on him.