• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Post Game USF/UCF Fan Interaction Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

I love to hate you UCF but I don't hate you. And for The UCF fan that was there for the beat down and and the obnoxious usf fans I apologize. I like a good rivalry but at the end if the day it's football and not life. Respect comes before the victory. Hats off to your great year in football but I still hate you.

To bad, if we were able to keep old big east and add Houston and ucf it would have been a pretty decent conference.

As much as you guys may not want to admit, Judy screwed up. They should have taken the 1.5 billion deal and added UCF. On the plus side , UCF/USF should dominate G5. Houston may challenge. Boise state is crap.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1700 away from a sell out. I hope you all have a great day/evening  if you are coming......

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

USF is pathetic. Your fan base jumped ship entirely. Wow you guys are terrible.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be back on the Miami bandwagon when they right the ship ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

USF is pathetic. Your fan base jumped ship entirely. Wow you guys are terrible.

About as pathetic as that thing you call a life.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Our fan base never jumped ship. The bandwagon is now empty, thats all

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I love the duality that UCF wants USF to essentially shut down. But yet they want to just be our rival so much. If USF dropped to FCS or shut down....they wouldn't be playing UCF anymore. UF, FSU, and Miami will not be their rival. They would be back to fau, Fiu, and ecu.

And I never saw USF fans calling for UCF to shut down and go away when they were winning. How anyone can call for that level of failure is just asinine.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74

By the way, to believe that USF alone kept out UCF ignores the well known fact that the basketball schools did not want to add schools that also play football.  They finally agreed to TCU only because of the big potential TV contract.  But TCU was football only, not what UCF was looking for.

like I have repeatedly said....she contributed to the problem. No I dont think UCF was super important or would have in some way hold together that conference. That is just ridiculous. It may have changed some dynamics. I will reserve the right to believe that she made some bad choices. That would be no different if it were a ucf prez. End of subject for me. Gameday.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74

To bad, if we were able to keep old big east and add Houston and ucf it would have been a pretty decent conference.

As much as you guys may not want to admit, Judy screwed up. They should have taken the 1.5 billion deal and added UCF. On the plus side , UCF/USF should dominate G5. Houston may challenge. Boise state is crap.

I always thought UCF fans were dumb.  But only an idiot believes that Judy stood up and said "UCF can't join" and that scuttled a $1.5 billion deal.  

Do you seriously believe USF alone could have kept UCF out if there was that much money on the table?  

This is the kind of delusion that UCF fans actually believe that show how ignorant they really are.

Everyone else in the world knows that Pitt and Syracuse torpedoed the deal because they were ready to bolt to the ACC.  Rather obvious, considering how quickly they left.  Pitt and Syracuse DID have the political capitol to scuttle a deal that big.

You are right shadowbull. I am such a delusional idiot. How have I made it this far in life?

First, read this : http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/18985030

Next, realize what I insinuated is that if Judy played her cards differently it may have at least landed an initial contract. Now, the other schools may have still left depending on the deal details and the contract would have been likely renogotiated with the loss of said schools, but I am sure the TV deal would have remained much better than what we have today.

Without a doubt Judy did play a role in the disolution of the OBE. Is she the sole reason? Heck no, but had she been amenable to adding UCF as #10 it may have worked out differently. Pitt, WVU and Syracuse were on board at that time to add UCF. I can dig that up too if you would like. As this article states, Judy was blocking UCF as #10.

As shadowbull states, it is absolutely beyond asinine to think that Judy had the sole power to keep UCF out.  For any of you to continue to state that or even worse, actually believe that does your UCF education a disservice and really makes any rational discussion impossible.  

Thats not even getting into that the Big East still wouldn't have signed the deal.  I can also find rumors that the Big East had Navy lined up as team number 10, so getting another team had nothing to do with signing the contract.  ESPN was lowballing the league period.  Yes hindsight now says we should have signed it, but the presidents surely overlooked the fact that ESPN is the devil.

I never stated that judy had the sole power to do that. Do you guys read or just rock green gold glasses? A different stance may have changed the dynamics. McMurphy wasnt the only person to bring this to light.