• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Post Game USF/UCF Fan Interaction Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

To me it seems like such a "Hey these schools are close. We might as well capitalize and earn some profits from it." 

Any real sense of a rivalry died out after when we stopped playing in the Leavitt era. Even then UCF wanted to play us for selfish motives, not to create a long standing rivalry that would overcome conference barriers (if be) and the test of time. Had UCF gone the path of USF and made it to bigger and better conference they would have instantly stopped pressuring for a game and forgotten all about us. 

I disagree with this, if UCF felt this way wouldn't they stop scheduling FIU?

• Content Count:  16

UCF:

-Barely beat an unranked and scandal stricken/rebuilding Penn State.

-Put up a decent game against a South Carolina team who was missing three key starters including their QB.

-Barely beat a down trending and highly overranked UL. 

-Squeaked by Houston by five points.

-Got lucky and kicked a FG to beat Temple with seconds on the clock. Giving up 36 points along the way might I add,

-Almost lost to a horrible USF team and sealed the deal with a horrible late USF throw in the red zone. If Taggart wasn't an idiot he would have ran the ball and sent it into OT!

And has to play a decent SMU team who could very easily beat them.

To simply put it, UCF is overranked and overrated. Yes, they won those games. Yes, they beat us. Yes, the won the conference. But, they are a far cry from the almighty power house their delusional fan base makes them out to be. Unless they pull out another miracle and another team defeats themselves, they will get rocked in their bowl game. 

:offtopic:

To the OP:  Maybe I'm soft, but I can't wait till this game is played with big implications for both sides!  Good luck to you as well and thank you!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

UCF:

-Put up a decent game against a South Carolina team who was missing three key starters including their QB.

-Got lucky and kicked a FG to beat Temple with seconds on the clock. Giving up 36 points along the way might I add,

-Almost lost to a horrible USF team and sealed the deal with a horrible late USF throw in the red zone. If Taggart wasn't an idiot he would have ran the ball and sent it into OT!

To simply put it, UCF is overranked and overrated. Yes, they won those games. Yes, they beat us. Yes, the won the conference. But, they are a far cry from the almighty power house their delusional fan base makes them out to be. Unless they pull out another miracle and another team defeats themselves, they will get rocked in their bowl game. 

To the OP:  Maybe I'm soft, but I can't wait till this game is played with big implications for both sides!  Good luck to you as well and thank you!

In response to "great season."

truth be told, you could make similar disparaging comments about our 2007 season -- big win against Auburn etc

but screw UCF, all the time, every time

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Isn't there some saying that talks about ifs and buts and candy and nuts? Wins are what matters. They have more than most.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

THEY TURNED their program into a top 25 program

their coach proved to be all that and more

THE ORLANDO SCHOOL ISGOOD

• Downvote 1

UCF:

truth be told, you could make similar disparaging comments about our 2007 season -- big win against Auburn etc

but screw UCF, all the time, every time

We beat #5 WVU 21-13 that season as well. Scored three TDs and held them to one. 

what part of "etc" needs further explanation? I'm not going to break it down-- don't give a crap-- you can downplay anyones season if you craft the argument properly. ffs

• Content Count:  16

UCF:

Yea....... :offtopic:

1458632_10100256672099269_1609327633_n.j