• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Post Game USF/UCF Fan Interaction Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

@TrujilloBull2013

I would argue with anyone who een suggested that UCF has surpassed anyone.

But...I thought championships matter, especially next year when AAC members fall out of P5 as that is all you control to aspire for.

champion means you are a FINISHER not just fast starter (maximizing potential)

I would whole heartedly agree USF has impressive wins...but it is like being a boxer with big punch -- but glass jaw. Can knock someone down in early rounds but does not finish the fight. So left with stories at barber shop telling how beat x or y or z but was never the champ.

Yes...I am. UCF fan and I never believed that UCF has surpassed anyone.

That would be silly...this is college and the next recruiting class determines your sustainability of success.

I just think legacy is trophies in case or champ rings is how players (old and new) show success, not tell fishing stories (true or not) about the big one you caught.

Just a thought.

winning in C-USA and the AAC vs. winning in the Big East is like comparing flyweight to middleweight.

u are the flyweight. better record, but u haven't been fighting the same level of comp with wins over some serious knockout artists.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

to the UCF fan(s):

i'm not talking about just one game, although that is part of it. USF during its competitive years ruptured your lower intestine with 64-12 victories. UCF during its best season barely squeezed by USF during its worst.

i'm talking about the bigger picture, the history of the two programs, and addressing the question i have seen posed dozens of times on this forum: "has the UCF football program surpassed USF?"

and the answer is clearly NO.  NO based on the evidence last night. NO based on the level of competition USF faced (Big East) when it was successful compared to the level of competition UCF has faced in its recent run of success (C-USA, AAC). NO based on the fact that USF in its competitive years CONSISTENTLY beat ranked, AQ teams and often in their own house. FSU. Auburn. WVU. Notre Dame. NO based on the fact USF is 15-15 against current ACC teams, UCF is 2-16; 5-8 against current Big 12 teams, UCF is 0-5. there isn't a single P5 conference that USF doesn't have a better record against with the exception of the B1G.

we have been on bigger stages and won on bigger stages and done it more consistently.

Truj,

I am not going to get into this tired $hit about comparing accomplisments. Its something both fanbases do on these messageboards and it is small time. Honestly I have eluded to this fact and will be posting outright on the dungeon. You cannot pass a program in one season. If anything I would say the playing field is now equal. The 64-12 drubbing of ucf was impressive and shows how good the jim was at getting players ready to play. USFs ability to beat the big teams or in state rival has always been impressive. USF has always had tremendous athletes on defense. USF has plenty of big wins to be proud of.

Both fanbases need to drop this inferiority complex crap..and yes I am claiming some of you have this based on your constant need to compare or marginalize UCFs accomplishments.

Fact is, USF has had alot of competetive advantages and what GOL has done with midmajor recruits is impressive.

Sometimes it isnt about domination as some of you quoted , but just winning. Football IQ, moxy, toughness and chemisty. UCF has alot of youth and played poorly last night. Monkeys can be hard to get off ones back psychologically, but one thing ucf never does is give up.

Some other notes;

I didnt read your long post. Honestly, none of that crap matters. New conference, new athletes, new day. No matter how many times you post it, it is history.

We have lost several starters on d and lost our best field corner vs temple.

They won at Louisville. They're probably BCSing as a result. It sucks. Move on.

what is there to get over? nobody is arguing whether or not UCF is going to a BCS bowl. that is undebatable. 

the discussion is whether that accomplishment alone is enough to deem the UCF football program more successful OVERALL than the USF football program.

if u have nothing to add u can feel free to sit yourself down and have another can of grape soda, quietly.

Just drop it. I dont know.

I would say that GOL was brought in to build a program. You mention all these loses. Well UCF used to schedule pay games vs. tons of top 10 teams for years when the program was as probably as good as kent state.

If you want to rip on ucfs record that is really a product of having underfunded, crap football for 20 years then do so. You can see that UCF is really just starting to get to that next rung on the ladder. It has taken a lonnnnng time. You see the situation usf is in. Not neeeeeaaaar as bad as what GOL inherited. It took alot of time to build his program and system.

UCF will accomplish more than what usf has on paper. I hate to say, but winning out the conference, going to a bcs bowl and finishing the season ranked again is why you play. You dont play just to get the big wins. I woulnt trade that for the wins usf has had. That is not to marginalize or compare accomplishments, but I think it is realistic. With that, it in no way means UCF has "passed" USF. I expect both programs to be the best of the G5 in the near future.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

***POTENTIALLY**

BCS Bowl Appearance

- Sugar/Orange. (2013)

***POTENTIALLY**

BCS Bowl Appearance

- Sugar/Fiesta (2013)

I know it's mostly sour grapes but the original post is just sad. The AAC berth is a technicality as was the Big East one. You didn't join the conference with Miami and Va Tech.

Your topic is spot on though. We aren't world beaters and have bad some luck. It's been a fun ride though.

u are comparing an AAC berth to a Big East berth?

do u honestly believe the AAC is better than the Big East? the AAC has no legitimate championship contenders. the Big East had West Virginia.

Thi

i'd also much rather play Temple and Memphis as doormats than Pittsburgh and Syracuse. u should know that well, the Knights are 0-1 against Pitt and 0-3 against Cuse.

imagine UCF gets to the Big East in 2005 rather than USF. do u have 10-win seasons? do u beat WVU, Louisville, Cinci in the same season?

congrats on the good season in the AAC. but get high off your own aroma. the Big East the AAC is not.

We would have beaten wvu, pitt and cuse had we played them. Indeed my post went above your head. If you gave ucf bcs tag over the past 10 years then I would wager we would have one the conference. Didnt we beat both defending BE champs. I think your opinion of the OBE is inflated. Better than aac, but not that great. This is such a stupid hypothetical post.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

I know it's mostly sour grapes but the original post is just sad. The AAC berth is a technicality as was the Big East one. You didn't join the conference with Miami and Va Tech.

Your topic is spot on though. We aren't world beaters and have bad some luck. It's been a fun ride though.

You did play Pitt...was the beating so bad you forgot the score?

u are comparing an AAC berth to a Big East berth?

do u honestly believe the AAC is better than the Big East? the AAC has no legitimate championship contenders. the Big East had West Virginia.

Thi

i'd also much rather play Temple and Memphis as doormats than Pittsburgh and Syracuse. u should know that well, the Knights are 0-1 against Pitt and 0-3 against Cuse.

imagine UCF gets to the Big East in 2005 rather than USF. do u have 10-win seasons? do u beat WVU, Louisville, Cinci in the same season?

congrats on the good season in the AAC. but get high off your own aroma. the Big East the AAC is not.

We would have beaten wvu, pitt and cuse had we played them. Indeed my post went above your head. If you gave ucf bcs tag over the past 10 years then I would wager we would have one the conference. Didnt we beat both defending BE champs. I think your opinion of the OBE is inflated. Better than aac, but not that great. This is such a stupid hypothetical post.

Edited by bullsonparade

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Shame on most of your fans though for not showing. I knew this could easily be the game ucf dropped and that the usf team would come to play. Usf has always done that. I wasnt sure if the usf offense eould be better than prior weeks, but I think white is starting to progress. Our defense is young and has injuries, but still held houston to 14. White looked good for his age. He will be good.

And where were your fans?  Couldn't find 40K fans for a game against your supposed arch rivals with BCS bowl implications?  We had more than that against Kansas years ago for an early season game that didn't matter much.

As I recall, the South Carolina game didn't sell out until a couple of days prior to the game.

I don't think this is a topic you should be crowing about. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,397
  • Days Won:  43

Just have to tip my cap to them as they are having a good season. Good luck the rest of the way and we will see you in hoops! 

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

The atmosphere at the game was electric. Your players played their hearts out with a passion you only see in these types of rivalries. USF got beat finally and I got the sense from USF fans that "it's on now". We gotta go to your house next year. You so t think USF fans and won't be kicking their chops?

That was a classic rivalry game and very good for both schools.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

UCF is the second youngest team in the FBS (behind South Carolina) and is 10-1 with a chance at a BCS Bowl. I'll take it, unless your in the top 3 style points are worthless, it is about winning your Conference