• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Post Game USF/UCF Fan Interaction Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

All these excuses I'm reading are just sad. Ucf has passed us but that happens in college football. Programs rise and fall. We currently stink and they're playing well enough to win games. No excuses, this year, they're a better team than USF.

Yeah that showed last night?...I will state this...in our wort year with a true freshman qb we almost beat them in the best year they have ever had...we will continue to bring in better talent and will be back in no short order...

Holy Spinjobs in here. UCF turned the ball over 5 times and still WON, that shows how good and resilient this UCF team is. This reminds me of your game at Notre Dame a few season ago where they turned it over 4-5 times with a few in the red zone just like UCF last night and you beat them. The overreaction here is just like after your Houston moral victory and looked what happened the next few weeks. Win more than 3 Conference games and then we'll see where USF goes in the future. Emotional Highs then crappy losses is your trend right now

Great teams don't turn the ball over 5 times.  Ever.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It is time

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

All these excuses I'm reading are just sad. Ucf has passed us but that happens in college football. Programs rise and fall. We currently stink and they're playing well enough to win games. No excuses, this year, they're a better team than USF.

Yeah that showed last night?...I will state this...in our wort year with a true freshman qb we almost beat them in the best year they have ever had...we will continue to bring in better talent and will be back in no short order...
Holy Spinjobs in here. UCF turned the ball over 5 times and still WON, that shows how good and resilient this UCF team is. This reminds me of your game at Notre Dame a few season ago where they turned it over 4-5 times with a few in the red zone just like UCF last night and you beat them. The overreaction here is just like after your Houston moral victory and looked what happened the next few weeks. Win more than 3 Conference games and then we'll see where USF goes in the future. Emotional Highs then crappy losses is your trend right now

Great teams don't turn the ball over 5 times. Ever.

And we had nothing to do with...you just mastakenly handed the ball to us? Taks a hike buddy...now go check out the talent your briging to your program and who we are bringining in...spin job..jesus...

Great teams don't turn the ball over 5 times. Ever.
And we had nothing to do with...you just mastakenly handed the ball to us? Taks a hike buddy...now go check out the talent your briging to your program and who we are bringining in...spin job..jesus...

So it was just a bad day for the Knights...so please explain the Mephis and Temple games...I take it those were just bad days as well?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

UCF is the second youngest team in the FBS (behind South Carolina) and is 10-1 with a chance at a BCS Bowl. I'll take it, unless your in the top 3 style points are worthless, it is about winning your Conference

Where are you guys getting this "second youngest team" stuff from?  I'm curious because I tried some internet searches and the ones I found didn't even rank UCF as one of the top 25 youngest teams in the FBS.

I think this is what he's talking about---second youngest team.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-11-26/sports/os-ucf-usf-football-1127-20131126_1_e-j-dunston-jeff-godfrey-tackle-chris-martin

I had a great time last night, except for the loss.  See you guys next year in RJS

Edited by USFbayside

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, this sort of thing sucks, but happens at a lot of stadiums. Don't single out UCF fans. Not excusing these actions, but it happens. Happened to a few UCF fans at Ray Jay in '07, too. Drunk college kids aren't any better at one place than the other. It's a shame but only made headlines because it was the AD. Honestly, I don't think it was targeted. Just random chance. Doesn't matter though, still a crappy thing to do. USF fans I met up there enjoyed their time and were given treated just fine. Our fans actually showed them respect for coming and supporting their team, despite the season.

UCF is the second youngest team in the FBS (behind South Carolina) and is 10-1 with a chance at a BCS Bowl. I'll take it, unless your in the top 3 style points are worthless, it is about winning your Conference

Where are you guys getting this "second youngest team" stuff from?  I'm curious because I tried some internet searches and the ones I found didn't even rank UCF as one of the top 25 youngest teams in the FBS.

I think this is what he's talking about---second youngest team.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-11-26/sports/os-ucf-usf-football-1127-20131126_1_e-j-dunston-jeff-godfrey-tackle-chris-martin

I had a great time last night, except for the loss.  See you guys next year in RJS

Yeah, but based on what criteria?  The only people I can find did this on Bleacher Report, and UCF isn't on their list of 30, even though teams like Tulsa and Michigan are.  So conference has nothing to do with it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1715513-25-youngest-teams-in-college-football

Phil Steele, as usual, completed an exhaustive analysis and UCF is 26th.  So where did 2nd youngest come from?

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2013/JUN13/DBJune15.html

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Phil Steele, as usual, completed an exhaustive analysis and UCF is 26th.  So where did 2nd youngest come from?

I'm pretty sure the second youngest being talked about is total roster based on age only... Those two analysis you're referring to deal with experience, not just age.

Phil Steele, as usual, completed an exhaustive analysis and UCF is 26th. So where did 2nd youngest come from?

I'm pretty sure the second youngest being talked about is total roster based on age only... Those two analysis you're referring to deal with experience, not just age.

Just the simple fact that they have bortles and a few of their wr coming back will keep them competitive...bortles leaves the year after next though...