• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Post Game USF/UCF Fan Interaction Thread

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Cincinnati has two losses overall. It is hard to say if Cincinnati would jump UCF because of strong outings against South Carolina and beating Louisville. I do not think Cinn. has the resume if both have two losses to jump UCF.

They are almost there now. Cincy only has one conf loss. Plus their last game is against top 20 ranked Louisville.

Even espn is talking about it. When we beat UCiF AND Cincy wins out, Cincy goes BCS

Agreed, UCF's rankings would plummet following a loss to a 2-8 squad, while Cincy would be coming off a win against a ranked opponent.  UCF would go unranked and Cincy would likely be in the 23-30 mix

Cincy is 28 in BCS right now. Beating top 20 Louisville will move them up big time especially because of the remaining direct matchups other top 20 teams are facing the last 2 weeks.

I still think it will be close if they lose to either us or SMU and Cincy beats Louisville ... Hell, they've won the last two and dropped a spot each week, though, so the drop could be precipitous with a loss to either of us. . 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Interesting that this is USFs 200th game all time and UCFs 400th game all time. Winning percentages are .568 for USF and .531 for UCF, in 17 and 35 seasons, respectively.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Even when we were in the midst of our losing streak, we still brought 10K+ to Tampa. Your program was built on sand and it's showing.

If I had to live in Orlando, I'd leave every chance I got too.
Ouch. That really hurts. If I hated Orlando, which I don't, I love it, I wouldn't live here. Is that really your best?
No, my best would be pointing out we still have you 4-0, we beat you 64-12 once, you've only beaten 1 ranked team in your entire football history, your AD was fired for being a cheater, your head coach is a liar and killed a player, and your baseball coach got fired for simulating raping a manager with bat.Also, GOL looks stupid when it's hot out and he gets all blotchy and red.

First, we've beaten more than one ranked team. 2nd, saying GOL killed a player is classless and disrespectful of Plancher, who died of sickle cell, whom his parents were well aware of. 3rd, what does our old baseball coaches antics matter to USF?

4th...the team, fanbase and myself can't wait for this game and will be in full force come Friday. Go Knights!!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Even when we were in the midst of our losing streak, we still brought 10K+ to Tampa. Your program was built on sand and it's showing.

Ouch. That really hurts. If I hated Orlando, which I don't, I love it, I wouldn't live here. Is that really your best?
No, my best would be pointing out we still have you 4-0, we beat you 64-12 once, you've only beaten 1 ranked team in your entire football history, your AD was fired for being a cheater, your head coach is a liar and killed a player, and your baseball coach got fired for simulating raping a manager with bat.Also, GOL looks stupid when it's hot out and he gets all blotchy and red.
First, we've beaten more than one ranked team. 2nd, saying GOL killed a player is classless and disrespectful of Plancher, who died of sickle cell, whom his parents were well aware of. 3rd, what does our old baseball coaches antics matter to USF?

4th...the team, fanbase and myself can't wait for this game and will be in full force come Friday. Go Knights!!

1) No, you haven't. You beat Houston, but they finished the year unranked that season and you best Louisville this year. That's it. 2) The legal system agrees with me. 3) What does any of this matter to USF? You're the one on our board asking why no one likes you. 4) Of course you guys will be waiting, boners raging. This is going to be the single greatest moment in UCF athletics history. A win over a 2-10 football team. That sums it all up.

Knight Library actually moved into a nicer location since that old run down place. I live in Tampa and have lived here since '04. Downtown Orlando is booming, now. It's as much residential as it is business, if not more now. He'll, Sunday Fundays Downtown are as popular as Saturday nights. Gotta remember, downtown Orlando is basically a combo of South Tampa, Downtown St. Pete and International Plaza with as many bars, restaurants and events to attend. Fergs is even expanding to downtown Orlando to get in on the action.

That being said, I love living in Tampa and prefer the beaches and beach bar/sports bar options to nightlife anywhere, anyhow. But that's just me.

Edited by Goldenbuc

First, we've beaten more than one ranked team. 2nd, saying GOL killed a player is classless and disrespectful of Plancher, who died of sickle cell, whom his parents were well aware of. 3rd, what does our old baseball coaches antics matter to USF?4th...the team, fanbase and myself can't wait for this game and will be in full force come Friday. Go Knights!!
1) No, you haven't. You beat Houston, but they finished the year unranked that season and you best Louisville this year. That's it. 2) The legal system agrees with me. 3) What does any of this matter to USF? You're the one on our board asking why no one likes you. 4) Of course you guys will be waiting, boners raging. This is going to be the single greatest moment in UCF athletics history. A win over a 2-10 football team. That sums it all up.

We will get much more satisfaction from beating that 2-10 USF football team, because we are playing to be rewarded with something USF has never had and the satisfaction that beating USF alone could ever do and that's a BCS bowl on the line.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24

I went to UCF and I have seen some of the bad stuff go down with UCF fans causing the problem...Despite that I do take shots at my mother in law and several people I work with that are USF grads...it is all in good fun for most of us...obviously keying someones car is flat out wrong and reprehensible but that doesnt represent the average UCF fan IMO...

At the same time I had 4 UCF magnets ripped off my car and torn in half at the 1st USF game.  I was pissed but I was dumb for leaving them up.  I Do not however think that the idiot who did it represents the average USF fan...and then there was the @$$ wooping the 2nd time we played you at your place...as i was leaving (end of the 3rd) a mother holding on to 3 children was calling me a UCF Fag and F&cking UCF fan...not the best representative of your school...

We all have our idiots...

I think the water fountains is pushing it a little as a reason to hate us...there has to be another

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Hoping for a large crowd on Friday, Looking forward to a good close game with a Bowl type atmosphere.  (Lets hope the UCF fans show up)(lots of tickets avail on secondary markets as of today).

Best of luck to UCF moving forward after this game.  (Don't go lay an egg in your Bowl game) The BE, now the AAC needs to continue to represent in the Bowl games like the conference always has.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74

Blah, Blah, Blah!!!

Nobody cares. If this makes you feel better so be it.

Please know that most UCF fans care nothing about the fact that is USF..that is the truth. If it weren't for the possibilty of the sugar bowl then it would be different , but all we care about is a "W". I hate to burst your bubble, but the biggest win will be if/when we beat SMU. If not for our performance our season may be more defined by a win against USF, but it isn't as of now. USF is just another team in the way of the BCS for UCF.

As for the game, if USF plays their best game and UCF plays poorly then USF may win. USF has a great defense and Mike White has flashes of being a really good QB.

As for the series. 0-4. We had starters that belonged in DIII for years. You can't compare a mid-major program that was completely dismantled to USFs team. We were 0-17! 0-17! Godfrey/Bortles are the first good QB UCF has had since Schnieder. So you can't compare USFs program today to UCF programs of the past. USFs defense today is better than any defense UCF had through those years..bar none.

On the series if we win. Knights would be 1-4. We beat you as a BCS team on a level playing field. You beat up on a craptastic mid-major for years and bragged about incessantly. I don't really care. Why? Because the overall series record between USF and UCF has zero relevancy outside of our fanbases. What will progress either program is big wins and relevancy. UCF has already recieved amazing publicity this year and hopefully we can go to the sugar bowl. Now if we lose to USF it will be devastating because we might not make the SB, but only marginally more upsetting that USF did it to us. I think the gap in years since we have played has marginalized the sting.

Now don't get me wrong, beating USF would be great. There definitely would be a little extra satisfaction from it. However, it is just icing on a cake. Each win is very satisfying because of the implications no matter the opponent.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74

As for Orlando vs. Tampa. First, both fanbases need to grow up. This message board smack is pretty pathetic.

Time to develop a mature and entertaining rivalry.

With that, I will weigh in.

I was borned and raised in Tampa Bay. I live there now.

- TB has beautiful beaches and lots of very nice places -- restraurants, bars, clubs, sports (et al). I choose to live here and love it.

- I would say Orlando is a little younger and more vibrant. It is easier to get around with a younger highway system and more centralized.

I personally think Orlando is more entertaining, vibrant and "fun", but as a fisherman I would never leave the gulf and its breeze!