• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Post Game USF/UCF Fan Interaction Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Downtown Orlando beats Tampa night lifehands down. Probably one of the best cities for night lofe in yhe country. Not the crap UCF area (which is awful), but the real downtown, Wall Street and Church, and all that. I have lucked out with my gf and our group of friends probably had bottle service downtown 5 times in the last year and we haven't had to spend a dime (friends dont mind blowing money it seems).

Downtown Orlando has way more variety and much better clubs.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

If I had to live in Orlando, I'd leave every chance I got too.

Plenty of Tampa Bay people attending UCF and if you want to go down the lame city comparisons Orlando is much more exciting city to be in for anyone not married yet. Nothing in Tampa matches the nightlife options in Downtown Orlando, East Orlando, & Winter Park

That must be a recent thing.  Tampa was far better when I was at USF and it wasn't even close.  I spent more than a few nights out in Orlando with this UCF chick I hooked up with from time to time and while Orlando wasn't altogether lame, Tampa was a much more desirable place to go out and hit up for bars, clubs, etc.  

I don't know how long ago you're talking about but if you ask any unbiased say Nole or Gator fan college age and into their late 20s most will say Orlando's nightlife and girls blow away Tampa. All the good bars are spread out in Tampa, nothing matches what Downtown Orlando has in density

Within the last decade.  Last year at USF was 2004 . 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Plenty of Tampa Bay people attending UCF and if you want to go down the lame city comparisons Orlando is much more exciting city to be in for anyone not married yet. Nothing in Tampa matches the nightlife options in Downtown Orlando, East Orlando, & Winter Park

That must be a recent thing. Tampa was far better when I was at USF and it wasn't even close. I spent more than a few nights out in Orlando with this UCF chick I hooked up with from time to time and while Orlando wasn't altogether lame, Tampa was a much more desirable place to go out and hit up for bars, clubs, etc.

I don't know how long ago you're talking about but if you ask any unbiased say Nole or Gator fan college age and into their late 20s most will say Orlando's nightlife and girls blow away Tampa. All the good bars are spread out in Tampa, nothing matches what Downtown Orlando has in density

Within the last decade. Last year at USF was 2004 .

Knight Library has made the nation's top college bar list a few years in a row and UCF has made the Playboy list at least once. There has been a gap between the schools in atmosphere for awhile

Dhambuc that was a chamber of commerce post but most of it has nothing to do with USF. Two wrong assumptions

1. UCF fans defending Orlando as a' beloved hometown': Many UCF fans are not even from Orlando. You are just as likely to meet a UCF fan from South Florida(the real one), Tampa, or Jacksonville

2. You used the 'Disney and what else' line so obviously you are not familiar with the area to make a credible comparison.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Gismo I agree Downtown is awesome and on another level with options but the UCF Area is not bad either and is a lot of fun. You have the Station, Mad Hatter, MOAT, Knights Pub, Knight Library, WOB, Culpeppers all along University or in that plaza across from Greek Row less than a half mile from Campus. Also the 'old Plaza'(popular nightlife spot) that got torn down(RIP Underground Bluz :( ) and is currently being turned into a mixed use project (similar to Tally's College Town project that just opened) will also probably have a few more bars/late night restaurants at street level when it opens next Fall. Downtown is just an extra bonus only 20 minutes away to what has formed on University and that doesn't include Waterford which is nice to have next door as a clean place with all the chains. 

Also quoting has been messing up on mobile

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Wow...we are debating nightlife at UCF versus USF. I never thought I would say this, but I am too old for this.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

That must be a recent thing.  Tampa was far better when I was at USF and it wasn't even close.  I spent more than a few nights out in Orlando with this UCF chick I hooked up with from time to time and while Orlando wasn't altogether lame, Tampa was a much more desirable place to go out and hit up for bars, clubs, etc.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,392
  • Days Won:  43

Nothing beats the beach bars here in Tampa Bay. St Pete, Clearwater, Treasure Island, etc!!! The live bands on the beach. Tampa Bay has a lot more breezes then Orlando. That is the luck of being close to the water as that Gulf breeze is awesome. 

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Whats the deal with the new name "Corridor Clash"?

Lame...

War on I4 is best.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Each city has it's pros and cons. The fact were trying to argue it is moot. I've had awesome times in both.

UCF has some awesome college bars. But I don't hear of USF students complaining they have to go to soho or ybor. It's Florida, everything is spread out no matter where you are. It's all full of hot girls and good times.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,392
  • Days Won:  43

Whats the deal with the new name "Corridor Clash"?

Lame...

War on I4 is best.

Had to keep out the word War because they didnt want to offend. Dont give me this trademark crap about the War on I-4 as the UCF anouncers used to refer to it as the I-4 War. There are no trademarks on tthat!!! Just plain old PC crap.  Did you know that the UF vs UGA used to be called the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party? Too bad PC killed that too. Soft BS crap.