• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova Academic board votes 29-0 against move to Big East

UsfGoose

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

The Orlando market isn't as large as Houston's.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

We'd be better off with Memphis.  They have a big media market, already have a big east basketball caliber team, their football will improve by being bcs & there's no other big east team in Tenn

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Instead us getting them and being a good team, the big east end up with 2 mediocre Florida teams.

+100

• Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

If Villanova says no to football, then the Big East can wait a bit before adding another program.

The league got the only program that can help better the football side of things with TCU.

I agree. What benefits do we have between 9 temas vs 10 teams? we dont get a conf champ game out of it. maybe scheduling would be a little easier with 10 but thats about it. Add quality not quantity.

I think anyone that isn't from USF will pick UCF as that next team.  As much as I hate to admit it, they would beat us this year.  We have no talent on our offense.  They did something USF has never did (in CUSA or Big East) and that is win a conference title.  They are playing for another this year.   They are doing it with a coach that is not is good as ours.     I did see another thread on the board about someone asking about Boise St to the Big East.  That would be a awesome but I doubt it would happen since they already agreed to go to the Mountain West.   So don't be surprise if UCF get's the nod if Villanova declines.   They have the facilities, decent program, and the TV market. 

uhhh no they wouldnt beat us. What makes you say they would beat us? Because they beat up on CUSA teams? They lost to the only BCS teams they played as well as Southern Miss. Is it because they are contending for a CUSA title? Well what happened when we played them the year they won the conference a couple years back? we raped them!! Don't get me wrong they are good for a UCF team, but they are definitely over-rated and would not beat us

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

Memphis.

I agree with the BE caliber basketball and football.

• Content Count:  2,726

Adding ucf would be a big mistake!  We already have to scratch & claw just to get the good recruits that don't choose the big 3.  If you put ucf in the bcs, then they too will be an option for the big 3 "leftovers"

Instead us getting them and being a good team, the big east end up with 2 mediocre Florida teams.

x1,000,000

NO UCiF!!!

Houston's a bigger market...and would cut down on TCU's travel.  So would Memphis. 

GO BULLS!!!

8va

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

If Villanova says no to football, then the Big East can wait a bit before adding another program.

The league got the only program that can help better the football side of things with TCU.

I agree. What benefits do we have between 9 temas vs 10 teams? we dont get a conf champ game out of it. maybe scheduling would be a little easier with 10 but thats about it. Add quality not quantity.

I think anyone that isn't from USF will pick UCF as that next team.  As much as I hate to admit it, they would beat us this year.  We have no talent on our offense.  They did something USF has never did (in CUSA or Big East) and that is win a conference title.  They are playing for another this year.   They are doing it with a coach that is not is good as ours.     I did see another thread on the board about someone asking about Boise St to the Big East.  That would be a awesome but I doubt it would happen since they already agreed to go to the Mountain West.   So don't be surprise if UCF get's the nod if Villanova declines.   They have the facilities, decent program, and the TV market. 

uhhh no they wouldnt beat us. What makes you say they would beat us? Because they beat up on CUSA teams? They lost to the only BCS teams they played as well as Southern Miss. Is it because they are contending for a CUSA title? Well what happened when we played them the year they won the conference a couple years back? we ***** them!! Don't get me wrong they are good for a UCF team, but they are definitely over-rated and would not beat us

Exactly, they've beat up on powder puff squads.  I believe their 9 wins have come against teams with a collective record of 35-72 or something.  Bad, bad teams.  Their best win is against a 6-6 ECU squad with one of the worst defenses in the nation.  They've lost to any team that has anything even resembling a pulse.  Good for them for riding wins over a crap conference to a possible championship.  This will net them the exact same thing it did a few years back, a trip to the Liberty Bowl to get pounded by another SEC school (UGA likely). 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Adding ucf would be a big mistake!  We already have to scratch & claw just to get the good recruits that don't choose the big 3.  If you put ucf in the bcs, then they too will be an option for the big 3 "leftovers"

I don't believe that Miami is going to remain a Big 3 school... their President and BOT has ran that program into the ground. I hope they fall back into their pre-1980's mediocrity and cancel their football program. The entire Gruden thing was a smoke screen to dumbfound the Miami thug fan base into thinking that Shalala actually gives a flying crap about football.

If she actually carried then they would not had hired Randy Shannon and would had taken the City's offer to renovate and keep the OB.

The Canes are circling the drain  :flush

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Memphis and Houston aren't even being considered.

Every article states it's Nova's if they want it, and if they don't it will he UCF...

And where the he'll do you people get Memphis as a viable football program?

Archived