• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova Academic board votes 29-0 against move to Big East

UsfGoose

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

The rumor mill is that the Big11 is eye balling one of the following Big East schools as the 12th member:

Cuse, Rutgers, Pitt, UConn, or WV...

Guess the rumor of Nebraska being the 12th member is false then?

LOL. Rumor has it....

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

If Villanova says no to football, then the Big East can wait a bit before adding another program.

The league got the only program that can help better the football side of things with TCU.

I agree. What benefits do we have between 9 temas vs 10 teams? we dont get a conf champ game out of it. maybe scheduling would be a little easier with 10 but thats about it. Add quality not quantity.

I think anyone that isn't from USF will pick UCF as that next team.  As much as I hate to admit it, they would beat us this year.  We have no talent on our offense.  They did something USF has never did (in CUSA or Big East) and that is win a conference title.  They are playing for another this year.   They are doing it with a coach that is not is good as ours.     I did see another thread on the board about someone asking about Boise St to the Big East.  That would be a awesome but I doubt it would happen since they already agreed to go to the Mountain West.   So don't be surprise if UCF get's the nod if Villanova declines.   They have the facilities, decent program, and the TV market.

This is such a stupid argument ... Do you really not know that the year they won their other conference title we kicked their ass all over RayJay?? I doubt that would happen this year but the point is stop throwing that out as something they have over us, it's ridiculous ... FAU fans could do the same thing.

This year would have been a very competitive game.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The rumor mill is that the Big11 is eye balling one of the following Big East schools as the 12th member:

Cuse, Rutgers, Pitt, UConn, or WV...

Guess the rumor of Nebraska being the 12th member is false then?

:Duh

13th member then... they are still eye balling Greg Schiano and Buttgers like a fat kid looking at a cupcake...

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I doubt that the Big Ten is going to look to add 1 more team. That makes ZERO sense from the divisional standpoint that they just set up.

I think they'll eventually want to get to 14 or 16 teams, but they will stay put for a while.

Plus, they won't add any more programs without have ND in the mix.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

UCF is on the back burner regardless of what Nova decides.  The Big East will be waiting on a few other schools first.

Turns out a few other schools are ahead of UCF in the pecking order.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

UCF is on the back burner regardless of what Nova decides.  The Big East will be waiting on a few other schools first.

Who  ???

According to what I have been reading from BMM and the New York Post its as follows:

TCU

Nova

UCF

ECU

Houston

Southern Miss

Memphis

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Big 10 (12) is more than happy to stop with Nebraska, and wait and see what happens with other conferences. I would have to call them the biggest winner overall. I was sketpical a while back when TCU was mentioned, but am overjoyed, even if we only add them.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Who  ???

According to what I have been reading from BMM and the New York Post its as follows:

TCU

Nova

UCF

ECU

Houston

Southern Miss

Memphis

The disheveled Big 12 teams that were almost left in the cold.  They're looking very closely at the revenues the soon to be Big East network can offer.  Hilariously enough, they see the Big East as a for more stable conference than the Big 12.  Every other team (except Baylor) can find another home in another conference.

Whether it happens or not is one thing, but it likely puts adding a UCF back to 2014 allowing the option to get better teams.  Waiting another 2 years for a school that isn't going anywhere is an easy gamble.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Who  ???

TCU

Nova

UCF

ECU

Houston

Southern Miss

Memphis

McMurphy doesn't know everything.

If 'Nova says no, then the Big East will probably go into a holding pattern and wait. There shouldn't be a rush to expand now that the league is at 9 teams. There isn't a program out there (and this includes 'Nova) that strengthens the league from a football standpoint now that TCU is in the fold.

It's all about the Big East Network now. If 'Nova says no, then Temple make be in line to take its place.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Who  ???

TCU

Nova

UCF

ECU

Houston

Southern Miss

Memphis

BMM and the New York Post?? ..... no National Enquirer?

Archived