• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova Academic board votes 29-0 against move to Big East

UsfGoose

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

O'Leary is a good Mid-Major coach.  Nothing More since his O'Liar scandal.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Not to get into UCF bashing here....but if the BE does end up inviting UCF.....I will enjoy it when Pitt, UWV and Rutgers fans realize what a mindless, dulusional fanbase they get to deal with year in and year out. They have all been good buddies up till now.....bashing USF and saying we are the ones holding them back....that will soon change.

Soon they will be telling everyone in the BE....TCU, UWV....how they are better than them....regardless of the outcome on the field.

They make UWV fans look sane. Right now only USF, ECU, Southern Miss and Houston fans get to deal with their nonsense....but it will soon spread to all their boards once the invite goes out.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't want to add anymore than 9 at this point, but let me get this straight.

Adding I-AA, small, Catholic, urban, no facilities, no money, the BE is going to have to help pay to get it even close to D-IA standards Nova is ok.

...but adding UCF will weaken our image?

I don't think Nova is coming, and if I were a betting man, I'd be prepared for a Thanksgiving rivalry game with conference-mate UCF.

It's inevitable at this point.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Adding I-AA, small, Catholic, urban, no facilities, no money, the BE is going to have to help pay to get it even close to D-IA standards Nova is ok.

I think it's a big misconception that Villanova doesn't have money. They're a private school, so you know that their tuition fees are going to be high.

I think the biggest thing for them right now is to find a stadium, but they will have options.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No. I'm. Very familiar with Villanova. The BE would be footing a good chunk of change to get them to D-I level...

• Content Count:  132

No. I'm. Very familiar with Villanova. The BE would be footing a good chunk of change to get them to D-I level...

1) Thanksgiving would absolutly suck. Go from playing UM to UCF. Talk about eating bad leftovers.

2) Why the rush to add one more right now? UCF is not going anywhere and there COULD be possibilities of adding better teams.

Guest Sunburned

and if I were a betting man, I'd be prepared for a Thanksgiving rivalry game with conference-mate UCF.

That would be great!!! I'm always out-of-town that weekend, so I'll never have to put up with their obnoxious fans again.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Good. we want ND, Army, Navy instead.  UCif can get lost too!

ND, Army, and Navy have all already turned down the Big East numerous times... there is a zero chance of any of them coming on board.

They choose to be independent and prefer it.

According to the sources UCF is going to get an invite if Nova does not choose to move up. I don't like the idea of those douches coming on board any more then the next Bull but that is that.

They will most likely come on-board in the 2012 or 2013 season like TCU which means that we need to win the Big East in 2011 and 2012 to build a cushion.

Also it would not hurt getting a share of the Co-Big East title this weekend... we need to first beat UConn, and WV and Pitt needs to lose... this would create a 4-3 log jam tie for the #1 Big East spot and a claim to the Big East crown.

UCF will be the whipping boy of the Big East... we need one since the Ville and Cuse have improved.

Guest nybullsfan

I don't want to add anymore than 9 at this point, but let me get this straight.

...but adding UCF will weaken our image?

I don't think Nova is coming, and if I were a betting man, I'd be prepared for a Thanksgiving rivalry game with conference-mate UCF.

Interesting thought here...

Because of the ease of travel, we could easily hold the game on Thanksgiving Thursday. Sure, Dallas and Detroit always have NFL games, but AFAIK, the only college game is Texas vs. A&M at night.

We could do the I4War at 3:30 and OWN college football on turkey day afternoon.

Turkey and stuffing for tailgate. Yum!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Adding ucf would be a big mistake!  We already have to scratch & claw just to get the good recruits that don't choose the big 3.  If you put ucf in the bcs, then they too will be an option for the big 3 "leftovers"

Instead us getting them and being a good team, the big east end up with 2 mediocre Florida teams.

Archived