• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova Academic board votes 29-0 against move to Big East

UsfGoose

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

I only want Villanova if the Big East really is going to add UCF should Nova say no. I would definitely prefer Villanova to UCF.

If Villanova says no to football, then the Big East can wait a bit before adding another program.

The league got the only program that can help better the football side of things with TCU.

I agree. What benefits do we have between 9 temas vs 10 teams? we dont get a conf champ game out of it. maybe scheduling would be a little easier with 10 but thats about it. Add quality not quantity.

I think anyone that isn't from USF will pick UCF as that next team.

What value does UCF add to the conference? None at all. The only entity that would benefit from UCF in the Big East is UCF, not the league or any other member of the league. That's a one-sided deal, not like TCU, which definitely added quality.

I'm not saying Villanova adds anything either, I don't think either of them do.

As much as I hate to admit it, they would beat us this year.

Eh. UCF didn't beat a team that finished with a winning record until today, when they beat 7-6 SMU. I see no reason to assume this. They lost to the the only two BCS conference teams they played.

Well outside of Miami, we really didn't beat anyone either. You can punish us because we played in a conference in a down year.  So its only fair you can punish UCF that's they didn't play anyone.  Its obvious they have their best team ever on paper.  They are ranked higher than us in the BCS and the coaches poll.  Even the St Pete USF beat writer voted UCF to be ranked higher than us.  I'm not saying we would definitely lose but this year would be the hardest earn UCF victory.    It would be extremely close if we won.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I only want Villanova if the Big East really is going to add UCF should Nova say no. I would definitely prefer Villanova to UCF.

If Villanova says no to football, then the Big East can wait a bit before adding another program.

The league got the only program that can help better the football side of things with TCU.

I agree. What benefits do we have between 9 temas vs 10 teams? we dont get a conf champ game out of it. maybe scheduling would be a little easier with 10 but thats about it. Add quality not quantity.

I think anyone that isn't from USF will pick UCF as that next team.

What value does UCF add to the conference? None at all. The only entity that would benefit from UCF in the Big East is UCF, not the league or any other member of the league. That's a one-sided deal, not like TCU, which definitely added quality.

I'm not saying Villanova adds anything either, I don't think either of them do.

As much as I hate to admit it, they would beat us this year.

Eh. UCF didn't beat a team that finished with a winning record until today, when they beat 7-6 SMU. I see no reason to assume this. They lost to the the only two BCS conference teams they played.

Well outside of Miami, we really didn't beat anyone either.

USF's strength of schedule ranking, in a horrible year for their conference: 78. UCF's strength of schedule in a year that isn't nearly as atypical of their conference: 107. Almost 30 places higher. And I don't think USF is any good this year either.

So its only fair you can punish UCF that's they didn't play anyone.

How am I punishing UCF? What do I have to punish UCF with? All I said is, they add nothing to the Big East and I don't buy the assumption that they would beat USF.

Its obvious they have their best team ever on paper.

That's not saying much. They still played a schedule ranked 107 out of 120.

They are ranked higher than us in the BCS and the coaches poll. Even the St Pete USF beat writer voted UCF to be ranked higher than us.

Neither team deserves to be ranked, but polls aren't only predicting who would beat whom anyway, otherwise there would never ever be teams ranked ahead of teams they lost to. But it still happens, because there is so much more that goes into those polls, some of it on-the-field, but most of it subject to personal biases or stupid political considerations. And I'm not sure what Greg Auman has to do with anything.

I'm not saying we would definitely lose but this year would be the hardest earn UCF victory.

OK. But that's exactly what you said.

It would be extremely close if we won.

Just like it was last time UCF won Conference USA while USF finished unranked and in the middle of the pack in the Big East. Oh, wait, USF killed them that year, 64-12.

Well ..the difference between the ucf team we killed and this one is their QB.  For the first time in their history (outside of culpepper) they have a winner with Godfrey.  He broke all of Jacory Harris's record. 

I'm comparing this years team and NOT the 2007 teams.  Take your bull goggles off.  It would be a competitive game.  If UCF keeps its competitive with Georgia at the liberty bowl...I think their ranking would be warranted

A team can't help it's strength of schedule.  When Boise St had their big BCS bowl wins..they had the worst strength of schedule.  That doesn't mean they weren't a good team.  I'm not comparing UCF to Boise.  The point I'm making is, you can't only use strength of schedule as a way to justify it wouldn't be a competitive game.  You're only counter argument is us playing them in 2007.  That is like a Miami fan saying..well last year we beat the **** of you.  Well that was last year and this is this year (USF beat Miami).  All I am saying is it would be competitive game.  I know I said we would lose but I'm changing my opinion..and just say it would be extremely competitive. 

And the point I was making with the St. Pete USF beat writer is that if someone who has A CLEAR BIAS TOWARDS USF still votes UCF to be ranked..that obviously means everyone outside of Bulls country thinks they deserve to be ranked.  They never voted UCF to be ranked when they won their first conference title.  This year they did, different team.. buddy. 

• Content Count:  270

I'd prefer Villanova remain a non-football member anyway.  At some point, the football schools and the non-football schools will need to split the conference.  From Villanova's standpoint, they should stay tied to the Catholic basketball schools if the split does occur.  From the existing football side, there are stronger football programs not currently in a BCS conference that the Big East should pursue.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Well ..the difference between the ucf team we killed and this one is their QB.   For the first time in their history (outside of culpepper) they have a winner with Godfrey.   He broke all of Jacory Harris's record.   

but they had kevin smith and he was going to run all over us that year  ;D

Well ..the difference between the ucf team we killed and this one is their QB.   For the first time in their history (outside of culpepper) they have a winner with Godfrey.   He broke all of Jacory Harris's record.   

LOL.  Well yeah true..but we all know a quarterback is the most important position in football.  It's the reason USF has had so much success and UCF has not.  It doesn't matter if you have all of the talent around (aka. Florida Gators), if you dont' have a good QB to run your system...well all of that talent you have goes to waste.  It's like having a good point guard in basketball. 

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

LOL.  Well yeah true..but we all know a quarterback is the most important position in football.  It's the reason USF has had so much success and UCF has not.   It doesn't matter if you have all of the talent around (aka. Florida Gators), if you dont' have a good QB to run your system...well all of that talent you have goes to waste.   It's like having a good point guard in basketball.   

Plenty of teams have won with average quarterbacks. Craig Krenzel, Ohio State's quarterback the year they went 13-0 and beat Miami in the Fiesta Bowl, is a good example. UConn won the conference this year with quarterback play no better than USF's. And so on.

I think the only thing "we all know" is that there is no one single part of any football team that you can point to and say "this is what you need to build a winner."

LOL.  Well yeah true..but we all know a quarterback is the most important position in football.  It's the reason USF has had so much success and UCF has not.   It doesn't matter if you have all of the talent around (aka. Florida Gators), if you dont' have a good QB to run your system...well all of that talent you have goes to waste.   It's like having a good point guard in basketball.   

Plenty of teams have won with average quarterbacks. Craig Krenzel, Ohio State's quarterback the year they went 13-0 and beat Miami in the Fiesta Bowl, is a good example. UConn won the conference this year with quarterback play no better than USF's. And so on.

I think the only thing "we all know" is that there is no one single part of any football team that you can point to and say "this is what you need to build a winner."

Yeah but those quarterbacks still manage the offense.  UCF's quarterbacks were horrible.  Either you have someoen that just manages like Alabama's QB and doesn't throw many interceptions or you have someone like USF had always had ..good dual threat QBs that try not to do too much (aka. BJ Daniels - hopefully he will mature soon)

Archived