• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova Academic board votes 29-0 against move to Big East

UsfGoose

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

This is going to look for UCF if there is strong resistance from their academic board.

http://www.thenovablog.com/2010/12/1/1848490/philadelphia-inquirer-villanova-football-upgrade-to-big-east-would-be

GO AWAY TROLL!!!

Not sure what the problem is but if Nova doesn't come, the general consensus out there, whether we like it or not, is UCF's next in line ...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Well ok, but still did we ever win a conference title against the same weak competition in the CUSA.  No we didn't.

UCF didn't play in anywhere near the same type of C-USA that USF. We had a Top 10 Louisville team there, a Top 25 TCU team while we were there. Cincinnati had some good seasons as well.

The year UCF won C-USA we beat them by 52 points. The year they lost C-USA we beat them by 17 and the score wan't even indicative of how badly we beat them then.

And for full disclosure.....the score of the last game?

C-UA is our conference. Those are the same level of teams as UCF. Go on and complain about GOL, but he took no shortcuts. He got good coaches, mid level athletes and demanded grades and graduation.

If you want us to compare to USF, give us  a BCS conference, and let us be on a level playing field.

If I were to hazard a guess, Skip will be much more like GOL than JL. Quality kids, grades....graduation and wins...in that order. USF will win in the long run, but I tire of the direct comparisons. the two programs are not equal, but I hope they will be soon.  Really, how many Non AQ  programs routinely beat BCS teams.....less than 5? Out of how many??? Winning the conference is the big goal at UCF, and for that I am proud.

Good luck against UCONN.

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Good. we want ND, Army, Navy instead.  UCif can get lost too!

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Well, if we are so bad....why are so many folks here against the admission to the BE? We should be that one for sure ...easy win each year..in effortless fashion.  Competition...in EVERY  form...is good.

You are probably too young to have experienced '70's era American cars. Really bad. What happened.....japanes taught us about competition....don't ber afraid to let someone raise the bar. You have aguably ( in my view) the best coach in  Florida. Let him have a run at everyone! Don't squelch the other players.

Good luck.

Signed,

An Old Guy!!

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Look playing Devil's Advocate....looking at this from the other side.

Ask....why does the BE say they are going to 10 in football? If you have TCU....why add more?

The only answer that I can come up with is TV markets for the upcoming BE TV negotiations.

So you added Dallas/Ft. Worth and by adding Nova you would add Philly. But if Nova does not come aboard.....then Orlando is a consolation at #19.

So as much as I would like the BE to stop at 9 with TCU......I think it is quite obvious that they will not wait to expand to 10 for the sake of the upcoming TV negotions.

Even if they hoped to lure Kansas or Mizzou in the future.....it would be after our new TV deal was signed.

Also, if teams like Pitt and UWV were truly worried by waking a sleeping giant in adding USF to the BE....they could dilute the Florida talent by adding UCF (essentially further diluting the talent pool for all would be FL recruiters) and it gives them another recruiting trip to Florida. Sadly.....I think UCF is coming regardless of what I hope.

Mind you, if GOL stays their coach.....we won't have to worry about losing to them for a while. I think Holtz outcoaches him any day of the week.

• Content Count:  225

This is going to look for UCF if there is strong resistance from their academic board.

http://www.thenovablog.com/2010/12/1/1848490/philadelphia-inquirer-villanova-football-upgrade-to-big-east-would-be

GO AWAY TROLL!!!

Not sure what the problem is but if Nova doesn't come, the general consensus out there, whether we like it or not, is UCF's next in line ...

Yeah, I'm thinking they either want a bigger footprint in Texas or Florida.  So they could add Houston which would give the Big East Texas or they could get a bigger footprint in Florida by adding UCF.  Either way, it's a win win when it comes to TV markets

• Content Count:  937

isnt there some statistic that UCF is like 1-100 against BCS oppenents and has never beat a ranked team?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

isnt there some statistic that UCF is like 1-100 against BCS oppenents and has never beat a ranked team?

They beat Houston last year, their first win over a ranked team.  Of course Houston dropped from there.

Now this year they are ranked, but they have not beaten a top 25 team this year.  And they have 2 losses against BCS opponents.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think there's any question if Nova declines the football invite that BE will invite UCF.  And I really don't understand why some on here think that would really be a bad thing.  Truth be told, we didn't "add" much to the conference when we got the invite either...except a huge TV market.  UCF does the same...and that's why they'll get the invite.  There's no real reason why they won't.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Well, if we are so bad....why are so many folks here against the admission to the BE? We should be that one for sure ...easy win each year..in effortless fashion.  Competition...in EVERY  form...is good.

We don't want ucf because you will weaken an already down conference.  TCu was a great add and will raise the national perception of the conference.  The addition of ucf will weaken it.  Stay in cusa since your fellow posters are so proud of being there.

Archived