• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

One word:

Concrete

I may catch flak for this, but I am OK with steel IF, BIG IF, all the steel is covered and bricked in (covered up by brick) so it is not exposed.  That way it looks like a traditional stadium.  Just my opinion, could save a lot of $$.  Also, make the stadium a lot bigger than PJCS, so you won't have to expand in another 5 years.  Must be at LEAST 50K, preferably 55-60K.  Must have chairbacks too, not bleachers.

LOL is there anything else you'd like sir?  Some airconditioned seats?  A retractable dome?  ;)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  172

If attendance was the case, then how did UCF get a new stadium. I would guess that they have not averaged more attendance than us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

If attendance was the case, then how did UCF get a new stadium. I would guess that they have not averaged more attendance than us.

The Citrus Bowl was talking about renovating and UCF would have had to find a place to play for a year so they went ahead, bit the bullet and got the OCS going ....

• Content Count:  12,293

One word:

Concrete

I may catch flak for this, but I am OK with steel IF, BIG IF, all the steel is covered and bricked in (covered up by brick) so it is not exposed.  That way it looks like a traditional stadium.  Just my opinion, could save a lot of $$.  Also, make the stadium a lot bigger than PJCS, so you won't have to expand in another 5 years.  Must be at LEAST 50K, preferably 55-60K.  Must have chairbacks too, not bleachers.

LOL is there anything else you'd like sir?  Some airconditioned seats?  A retractable dome?  ;)

i was hoping for personal beer fountains being attached to the back of each seat.

• Content Count:  1,260

Jim...you certainly figured out how to get us through the bye week. This OCS thread is gonna be on FIRE  :D

For the record...I think that they should just build the stadium on top of the Elementary School. 1st grade can have naptime by the 40 yard line...kindergarten can finger paint hash marks for us every week....  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

if we are worried about what our home opponets are to help boost our attendence numbers then we are not really for an OCS.

an OCS will be built when there are enough USF BULLS fans to fill the stadium,

Exactly !!!

I've said it before ... and we know I like repeating myself  ;D ... but we will need 2 seasons of selling out the lower bowl for each game to seriously "consider" an OCS.

An increase to 25K season tickets will definately help also ... getting committed ticket sales before Kick Off os a season is important.

I won't serious mention the possibility of an OCS until next season, if warranted.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

I have said it numerous times (will continue, so don't get tired of it), get your season tickets NOW and accumulate points.  Also, join the Alumni Association.  You will not get 3-5 years of notice in order to start.

"No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" --- Pink Floyd

PS -- Gotta have seatbacks.  Three blown discs and three fusions.  'Nuff said.

• Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

I say we need at least two years where we avg 45,000+.

Next year home slate is weak BUT if the team is ranked and making noise our attendance will go up.

2009 Should be a HUGE year

• Content Count:  1,777

I say get the baseball and softball fields updated first. Even though football generates more money. Those two fields have been neglected for a long time.  But an OCS would be lovely, I can imagine the tailgating. I just wish it was there when I was in school.

• Content Count:  3,574

OCS to open up for the 2009 season...

Talk about a schedule... wow

Archived