• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm new here and not too familiar with the rules.

As far as the rules go, you can post pretty much what you want.  We don't allow personal attacks on board memebers or USF players, coaches, or adminstrators and we request that you start a thread in the appropriate board.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Why are chairbacks such a hold up with some people?  I just don't get it.

I have been to countless games at Doak Campbell and Ben Hill Griffin...never have I had a chairback.  Those two stadiums are awesome with a true college atmosphere.  Honestly, the games at RJS just seem to have less of that "college" feel when compared to the stadiums at FSU and UF.  Also, the fans at those stadiums stand for much of the game, giving it even more of a college feel.

If you want a chairback, stay at home.  If you want a true college feel, an on campus stadium is the way to go.

Personally, I wan't chairbacks in our OCS.  Will I use them? Not for a few decades, but I have three reasons:

1) We need to attract the most people as possible.  Most of us here stand, so we don't really care about them, but remember, not everybody can/wants to. We don't want people not coming to the games because it's not comfortable for them.

2) When I get older, I will probably eventually not want to stand the entire game

3) As somebody else said, if our OCS isn't at least comparable to the comfort of RayJay, why even bother?  That would be a huge amount of money to waste on a downgrade

If we really need to scrape money when the time comes, put bleachers in for the student section, since the majority of students will always stand, and those that don't will still come to the game even though there are no seatbacks.

The stadium is a bit further off then most of us think. We really don't have the money for it (Heard from a reliable source that it was difficult to maneuver the money to give CJL his new contract).  I really do want an OCS, but in the meantime, I'm perfectly happy with RayJay.

• Content Count:  358

Because, for some of these old farts, that's all they know.  They've gotten used to the luxurious seats at Ray Jay. 

I think the fans that go to away games have a more worldly view of what makes a good stadium and don't have a problem with benches.  BTW, I saw the old fart Auburn fans sitting on these:

435AU.jpg

• Content Count:  7,890

I say we attack one buc place and run the glazers out of town. Then force the new owners to change their colors to green and gold, take down the ship and fill it in with more seats so we can have more students going to the WV game. Then paint the seats green and put a BIG USF U on the speakers in the end zones. Then when the season ends pick up the stadium move it to USF and make the Bucs pay us for a change. NOW WHOS WITH ME LETS GO AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ummmmmmmmmmm maybe no but at least it was fun to dream about.

GO BULLS BEAT UNC

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Because, for some of these old farts, that's all they know.  They've gotten used to the luxurious seats at Ray Jay. 

I think the fans that go to away games have a more worldly view of what makes a good stadium and don't have a problem with benches.  BTW, I saw the old fart Auburn fans sitting on these:

435AU.jpg

By the way, was GurlyBull serious when she was quoted in that newspaper article?

She said something to the effect of, "Their [uCF's] stadium sucks.  Our situation is better because the stadium in which we play has chairbacks."

Was she serious, or just mouthing off?

Either way, that's a very odd thing to say that I'm sure several thousand people busted a gut on when they read it.

• Content Count:  84

435AU.jpg

Hmmm...that could be it.  I've been fortunate enough to get to go to several stadiums throughout the Southeast.  In going to great stadiums like Doak Campbell, Ben Hill Griffin, Jordan-Hare, etc. I never thought, "Boy, these stadiums would be AWESOME if they only had chair backs!"  They were just awesome stadiums because of the ATMOSPHERE, not the amenities.  The Orange Bowl was a toilet, but the atmosphere for college football there when FSU rolled into town was undeniable.  Should USF go for an Orange Bowl type stadium?  Of course not, but the atmosphere was great.  Amenities do not make atmosphere, chairbacks don't make atmosphere, ownership and fans make atmosphere.

Is USF really protecting "their house" when all proceeds and revenues go elsewhere?  How many Bulls have you seen on a pirate ship?  Are red and pewter the new green and gold.  USF is definitely on the rise, but a piece of the puzzle is missing.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I say we attack one buc place and run the glazers out of town. Then force the new owners to change their colors to green and gold, take down the ship and fill it in with more seats so we can have more students going to the WV game. Then paint the seats green and put a BIG USF U on the speakers in the end zones. Then when the season ends pick up the stadium move it to USF and make the Bucs pay us for a change. NOW WHOS WITH ME LETS GO AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm on board!

:nutkick :chair :chainsaw :satan :furious :deadhorse :box

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

All I (and others) ask is for a little forward progress on the OCS front.

All I (and others) ask that those who want a little forward progress on the OCS front, become season ticket holders and Bulls Club members.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

All I (and others) ask that those who want a little forward progress on the OCS front, become season ticket holders and Bulls Club members.

:pain"If you build it, they will buy."

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

:pain"If you build it, they will buy."

Demand comes before supply.

Archived