• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

Guest JulmisteForPrez

And you'll still be you.  Next topic?

???------uhhhhhhhhhhh........

Okkaaayyy..... ???

Need an explanation?  Well, your comments and silly Glazer-daddy talk are like that of an angry spoiled teenager.  Instead of being juvenile about needing a stadium now, why not discuss it rationally, or have you... and I missed it somewhere?

Yeah, Bulliever.....more explanation would be great.

Because the reason I resort to juvenile tactics on issues like this is because of the juvenile behavior of a lot of your members.

I see a whole lot of warnings about "personal attacks," but when someone dares question the conventional wisdom of the vocal majority on this board, all hell breaks loose.

Case in point, the Tampa Tribune publishes a story about UCF's new stadium being a plus as compared to USF's situation.  Someone posts a thread about what a "putzes" Brett McMurhpy/Joey Johnston for even hinting at the fact that an OCS for USF would be a good thing.

And so, when certain members (exceptions would be yourself and a few others) refuse to see others point of view on this matter and resort to childish antics, sometimes childish antics are appropriate in response.  You know, "fight fire with fire."

So yeah, Bulliever.....explain away.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Rich schools like UF built their stadium eons ago, before the age of amenities.  You can do better than that MAB people.

Without a doubt there is a right way and a wrong way.  The wrong way is quicker indeed.

So is your answer no?  You wouldn't take a stadium like UF/FSU/Auburn? 

I went to Florida Field in the 70s and have not been to any of the stadiums you listed.  Don't confuse the issue.  I have been a proponent of a new stadium from the first game in RJS.  I do not however, want to cut corners to get there.  We've not cut corners thus far, and I would hate to start now.  Just say no to trailers - ever again.

I'd love to see the on-campus feel and tradition of a game.  I think it is important to the long term health of the program - long term being the key word there.  I don't see it as a need right now with 19K in season ticket holders and a relatively new NFL stadium available.

Okkaaayyy..... ???

Need an explanation?  Well, your comments and silly Glazer-daddy talk are like that of an angry spoiled teenager.  Instead of being juvenile about needing a stadium now, why not discuss it rationally, or have you... and I missed it somewhere?

Because the reason I resort to juvenile tactics on issues like this is because of the juvenile behavior of a lot of your members.

I see a whole lot of warnings about "personal attacks," but when someone dares question the conventional wisdom of the vocal majority on this board, all hell breaks loose.

Case in point, the Tampa Tribune publishes a story about UCF's new stadium being a plus as compared to USF's situation.  Someone posts a thread about what a "putzes" Brett McMurhpy/Joey Johnston for even hinting at the fact that an OCS for USF would be a good thing.

And so, when certain members (exceptions would be yourself and a few others) refuse to see others point of view on this matter and resort to childish antics, sometimes childish antics are appropriate in response.  You know, "fight fire with fire."

The explanation was already delivered, but I'll try to clarify.

Okay, the whole Glazer thing is just plain stupid.  Tampa Bay made the guy a billionaire, he was already wealthy to begin with.  He couldn't give two violation whether or not USF plays at RJS, in fact, if he had his wishes, we'd have never played there.  Were you around for the 8 X 10 plaque scandal?  So your Daddy Glazer stuff is just too stupid to see posted here over and over again.  He has nothing to do with our playing at that stadium.  If you want a villain or a daddy, you can start with these guys and it would at least make some sense:  http://www.tampasportsauthority.com.

I can't speak for the rest, but they have a voice just as you do.  They are not protected from being challenged, and neither are you, so you can take that sob story elsewhere.

And besides and Jim Leavitt says over and over again, RJS is a recruiting tool, perhaps the greatest in his aresenal.

We all know what Coach Leavitt has said about RJS.

But like Michael Bolton has said, what's he going to say??

"Yeah, RJS is nice, but I hate it.  We need our own stadium.  Our recruiting and fanbase will benefit when we move out of Daddy Galzer's house and into our own."

Nahhh.......he's going to spin status quo to the most benefit he can.

By the way, Mr. Bolton, "I celebrate your entire catalog of music."  :whistle

If it weren't a recruiting tool, I imagine he wouldn't say it was. "Raymond James is a great stadium, and it's been a great place for us to play our home games for the past several years".  He doesn't have to lie (assuming it's not actually a recruiting tool) and say it's one of the best recruiting tools he has just to look good. He can say nice things about Raymond James without saying that it's a huge recruiting tool, so I'm pretty sure he's telling the truth when he tells us it is.

Well if some people don't agree, they'll just make something up you see.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Okkaaayyy..... ???

The explanation was already delivered, but I'll try to clarify.

Okay, the whole Glazer thing is just plain stupid.  Tampa Bay made the guy a billionaire, he was already wealthy to begin with.  He couldn't give two violation whether or not USF plays at RJS, in fact, if he had his wishes, we'd have never played there.  Were you around for the 8 X 10 plaque scandal?  So your Daddy Glazer stuff is just too stupid to see posted here over and over again.  He has nothing to do with our playing at that stadium.  If you want a villain or a daddy, you can start with these guys and it would at least make some sense:  http://www.tampasportsauthority.com.

I can't speak for the rest, but they have a voice just as you do.  They are not protected from being challenged, and neither are you, so you can take that sob story elsewhere.

"Sob story," eh?

Just an answer to your accusations of being "juvenile."

You think I would shed a tear over what some overbearing, know-it-all, USF can't be wrong guys on this board think of my opinions??

HA!  :nope

I'm content with hearing guys who get paid to analyze the college game (Herbstreit, etc.) back up my viewpoint of how important it is to have a traditional college atmosphere.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

I have a question....would the Bulls here take a Ben Hill Griffin/Doak Campbell/Jordan-Hare type stadium?  Amenities wise they don't stack up to Ray Jay, but [glow=yellow,2,300]atmosphere wise they blow the Pirate Ship out of the water[/glow].

That has nothing to do with the colors or location of the stadium ..... Atmosphere is not inanimate. Atmosphere is controlled by the fans, the band, PA announcers to a degree and the players/game... with the fans being the most integral part of that equation.

I'm content with hearing guys who get paid to analyze the college game (Herbstreit, etc.) back up my viewpoint of how important it is to have a traditional college atmosphere.

Important in what way? Didn't seem to bother a program with 5 NC's in south Florida .... Doesn't seem to bother a young upstart program that went from no jockstraps to Top 25 in less than 12 years. Just where exactly is it important??

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I have a question....would the Bulls here take a Ben Hill Griffin/Doak Campbell/Jordan-Hare type stadium?  Amenities wise they don't stack up to Ray Jay, but [glow=yellow,2,300]atmosphere wise they blow the Pirate Ship out of the water[/glow].

That has nothing to do with the colors or location of the stadium ..... Atmosphere is not inanimate. Atmosphere is controlled by the fans, the band, PA announcers to a degree and the players/game... with the fans being the most integral part of that equation.

Exactly.  What part of those stadiums attracts you to them, or gives them that "atmosphere"?  Is it simply the fact that it is on-campus?  The deal is, if those stadiums are not filled w/ rabid fans, the atmosphere is going to suck, I don't care where you build it.  If we had the swamp sitting over there on Fowler Ave and 20,000 out of 90,000 seats were filled, the atmosphere would suck just the same. 

Just wait till we pack RJS for the WVU game.  If you can keep an open mind about it and not focus on the dam colors of the seats, etc, I think you are going to see that it is a great atmosphere as well.  And if you think that RJS is a good recruiting tool now, just wait till recruits start seeing packed houses there.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Why buy a Kia now, when you can lease a Mercedes and then down the road buy a BMW?  We're about to have a game where more the 60k fans show up.  That's more than what will even fit in BHNS.  Wait until the luster of the BHNS wears off (or when their not playing a team like Texas) and then see how many people show.  We all want an OCS eventually.  Most would rather wait and do it right.

-I think it would be great if USF got a stadium but unless somehow the state helps you guys out a lot, it will be very difficult to build a state of the art "mini ray jay" on your campus, concrete stadiums with ALL chair backs would probably cost at least 200 million dollars(I didn't look that up, just an estimation)

For future reference, I don't believe anybody is pushing for an OCS with ALL chairbacks ...

Archived