• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

Guest JulmisteForPrez

It gets very loud with students stomping on bleachers(from my experiences at Doak, Swamp, and last Saturdays's UCF game) creating a great home field advantage vs comfy chair backs; everyone loves it except a 60 year old booster but college football is not about pro style amenities

-UCF offered all season ticket holders to purchase seat cushions that are connected to your seat for the whole season solving the issue if an older fan was to sit and be a little more comfortable if they're are not in the high donor seatback section below the Brighthouse press box

There you go, chairback fans.

Problem solved.

Now...have we broken ground yet??   ;D

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

When we get a stadium can you imagine parking wow you think its bad now just wait

That would be a LOVELY probelm to have!

It's better than the current situation, don't you think?

"Daddy Glazer"

DaddyGlazer1.jpg

I really think that is super-ignorant since USF had little to do with the stadium as is.  The Glazers took advantage of the entire county all the voters, non-voters, schools superintendents and kids,  car-drivers, etc.  The town in whole was abused.  To make it an embarrassment for your alleged school is ridiculous.  They (USF) weren't even a party at the table unfortunately.  Illustrate in your graphics the idiot officials that sold out on the "Community Investment Tax."  All hail Bill Poe for at least trying to fight it. 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

When we get a stadium can you imagine parking wow you think its bad now just wait

That would be a LOVELY probelm to have!

It's better than the current situation, don't you think?

"Daddy Glazer"

DaddyGlazer1.jpg

I really think that is super-ignorant since USF had little to do with the stadium as is.  The Glazers took advantage of the entire county all the voters, non-voters, schools superintendents and kids,  car-drivers, etc.  The town in whole was abused.  To make it an embarrassment for your alleged school is ridiculous.  They (USF) weren't even a party at the table unfortunately.  Illustrate in your graphics the idiot officials that sold out on the "Community Investment Tax."  All hail Bill Poe for at least trying to fight it. 

I understand your point, but my graphic is not intended to portray whose fault the stadium deal is.

The graphic represents the current state of things, regardless of how it came to pass.

And as long as USF is content to let him be so, Malcolm Glazer is indeed USF's daddy.

All I (and others) ask is for a little forward progress on the OCS front.

And as long as USF is content to let him be so, Malcolm Glazer is indeed USF's daddy.

What would you suggest USF do?  Boycott the stadium?  Play at Jefferson High?  Wear a purple armband?  Announce we want a stadium, but can't afford one?  Or need one, but don't want one?  What?

For all intents and purposes, Hillsborough County would be their daddy as well as the lawmakers and citizenry, do you believe that to be true?  Or is it just fun with Glazer?  I dislike the Glazers as much as anyone else, but they own the town, not the Bulls.

I made a statement the day after our first game in RJS that we needed our own stadium.  I stand by that.  But I also realize the order of priorities and the importance one head coach places on playing in RJS.  Never will I try to embarrass the school because I think (above and beyond solid reasoning and capabilities) that they belong in an on campus stadium now.

If you think USF is happy with the deal given them by Hills. Co. you're not super sharp.

An OCS?  It will happen when it is time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

I understand your point, but my graphic is not intended to portray whose fault the stadium deal is.

The graphic represents the current state of things, regardless of how it came to pass.

The depiction of our logo being spanked, for ANY reason, is disgusting ......

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

who the **** is susan welsh.......never get a stadium.......we better get a flippin OCS.....i think its the only thing that will bring hardcore tradition to USF......i know MANY other students feel the same way

The future is the students IHuckItDeep, so let's hope for some solid support through good times and bad, especially after graduation when its time to support the school financially in lieu of free tickets.  We need to build a much larger base of hard core fans and that will rest on cultivating the student base moreso than the casual Tampa Bay fan.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,565
  • Days Won:  29

I've been in The Swamp on benches and seat backs ... prefer seat backs.

If I have to wait a few extra years to have seat back in our OCS ... I'll wait.

Key to having an OCS ... DEMAND !!!

We have an awesome stadium that we can not fill up ... what we'll see with the WVU game is what we will need to see for an entire season.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

What would you suggest USF do?  Boycott the stadium?  Play at Jefferson High?  Wear a purple armband?  Announce we want a stadium, but can't afford one?  Or need one, but don't want one?  What?

For all intents and purposes, Hillsborough County would be their daddy as well as the lawmakers and citizenry, do you believe that to be true?  Or is it just fun with Glazer?  I dislike the Glazers as much as anyone else, but they own the town, not the Bulls.

I made a statement the day after our first game in RJS that we needed our own stadium.  I stand by that.  But I also realize the order of priorities and the importance one head coach places on playing in RJS.  Never will I try to embarrass the school because I think (above and beyond solid reasoning and capabilities) that they belong in an on campus stadium now.

If you think USF is happy with the deal given them by Hills. Co. you're not super sharp.

I'm new here and not too familiar with the rules, but with you being an administrator, am I allowed to point out the irony of your picture of UCF being left behind in the rearview mirror while they played a very good Texas team really tough in their sparkling new on campus stadium?  If UCF can do it, it seems silly to think USF can't.

The key is expectations.  Some seem to think if USF can't have a mini Ray Jay on campus they don't want a stadium.  That's ludicrous.  For a college stadium I wouldn't trade Doak or the Swamp for Raymond James.  College atmosphere is totally different from the Pro game, and I think a simpler more affordable stadium would fit the bill.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm new here and not too familiar with the rules, but with you being an administrator, am I allowed to point out the irony of your picture of UCF being left behind in the rearview mirror while they played a very good Texas team really tough in their sparkling new on campus stadium?  If UCF can do it, it seems silly to think USF can't.

The key is expectations.  Some seem to think if USF can't have a mini Ray Jay on campus they don't want a stadium.  That's ludicrous.  For a college stadium I wouldn't trade Doak or the Swamp for Raymond James.  College atmosphere is totally different from the Pro game, and I think a simpler more affordable stadium would fit the bill.

Why buy a Kia now, when you can lease a Mercedes and then down the road buy a BMW?  We're about to have a game where more the 60k fans show up.  That's more than what will even fit in BHNS.  Wait until the luster of the BHNS wears off (or when their not playing a team like Texas) and then see how many people show.  We all want an OCS eventually.  Most would rather wait and do it right.

Archived