• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

The Politics of Football

Jim Leavitt and the USF Bulls football team are playing for more than a bowl bid and national ranking this year, though most players may not know it yet.

Since its inception in 1997, the USF football team has played in Raymond James Stadium. Yeah, sure, it's a college football game where you can get a beer. But the University of South Florida sees no money from beer, nor other concession sales at the stadium, nor parking.

"At some point,'' a USF official confided today, " the university and team will reach a status that it will be losing money to continue playing at Raymond James, although the folks have been good to us.''

There has been only background noise for the last year or so about a separate USF Stadium, but that noise is getting louder and at some point along the Bulls' success route, the official believes, the issue will reach Tallahassee. And the Legislature will be hard pressed on the issue of helping pay for a stadium for the Bulls.

Why?

Because legislators gave so much money to rebuild Doak Campbell Stadium at FSU.

Still, we're putting the touchdown before the next running play. Stadium talk won't reach the shouting level until the Bulls add to their incredible win over Auburn with an incredible winning season. Not that anyone is putting pressure on you, guys.

Link

modified by Brad to note inclusion of FAU Drawing

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I have read before that attendance was one of the factors in determining is we are ready for an OCS.  If WVU sells out as predicted, we could average close to 50K this year.  That would be WAY above the minimum that was mentioned as a requirment for starting the ball rolling on an OCS.

If things continue to snowball, this could happen a lot faster than some people think.

Momentum, folks.

With this, I decided to try some photoshopping...

So I took PapaJohn's stadium and put it on the USF campus...

OCS.sized.jpg

No, I have no inside info that it would be located here... but at least you could see the size of a stadium relative to campus...

both the stadium and the campus were screen captures using Google Maps at the same "zoom" level... so it should be to scale.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I've heard plans have been drawn, horseshoe in design, but placed in between the Sundome and Fowler.

Do all (or most) stadiums face North and South?

Go Bulls.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Even if we average 45,000 or 50,000 this year, next year we will see a major decrease in my opinion.  We won't have UNC, UCF, WVU, or Louisville so attendance will take a major hit.  Theoretically we could go from 50,000 this year to averaging about 35,000 next year.  Next year the only attractive game is RU.  Other than that we get Syracuse, Pitt, and UConn at home in conference.  Then add in Tennessee Martin and Kansas, and that is a very lackluster home schedule.  Most casual fans won't come out for those games no matter how good we are.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

When we get a stadium can you imagine parking wow you think its bad now just wait

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Even if we average 45,000 or 50,000 this year, next year we will see a major decrease in my opinion.  We won't have UNC, UCF, WVU, or Louisville so attendance will take a major hit.  Theoretically we could go from 50,000 this year to averaging about 35,000 next year.

There's going to be a yo-yo effect until they change up the Big East scheduling. Look at the home schedule in 2009 - not only do you have West Virginia and Louisville again, but you have Miami too.

• Content Count:  358
  • Days Won:  0

With this, I decided to try some photoshopping...

So I took PapaJohn's stadium and put it on the USF campus...

No, I have no inside info that it would be located here... but at least you could see the size of a stadium relative to campus...

both the stadium and the campus were screen captures using Google Maps at the same "zoom" level... so it should be to scale.

You just demolished the varsity tennis courts!  The horror!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

When we get a stadium can you imagine parking wow you think its bad now just wait

That would be a LOVELY probelm to have!

It's better than the current situation, don't you think?

"Daddy Glazer"

DaddyGlazer1.jpg

Archived