• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

Point is that we seem to forget about what we have now and how people are going to compare it to the new OCS. Some people have watched USF football for 11 years while in a nice chair back. You can't compare that to people that have never ever watched a football game with one. You won't miss what you don't have. I know we can't have a RayJ clone for an OCS but the chairbacks might be one of those amenities that people would like to see at the OCS. i can't blame people for wanting to keep them if that's how the've watched football for years.

I think you have your answer, Bolton.  Incredibly......yes, chairbacks are indeed THAT important to some of our fans.

:Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Flossing :Flossing :Flossing :nope :nope :nope :Duh :Duh :Duh :Duh :throwup2 :throwup2 :throwup2 :chair :chair :flush :flush :flush

When a man loves a chairback,

Give up a stadium of his own

Just to feel plastic on his spine

Baby, baby please don't take my chair

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

THAT is hilarious.  ;D

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Sounds like a #1 single to me!!

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Wow... you think UCF built a stadium too soon. FAU is building a stadium WAY too soon. They may find themselves kicked out of I-A for low attendance before that thing gets built.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Wow... you think UCF built a stadium too soon. FAU is building a stadium WAY too soon. They may find themselves kicked out of I-A for low attendance before that thing gets built.

They didn't say they're ready to break ground.

It's a campaign to get the ball rolling & fire up some fans/boosters/alumni and put the ball in their court.

Very smart, in my opinion.

It's the least we can do as well.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

UF has one of, if not the, richest booster programs in the country.  With their recent success the dollars are just pouring in.  My father in law is a long time Gator booster and season ticket holder.  I talk with him frequently about football and not once has he mentioned a move for chairbacks at Ben Hill.

I don't think they've ever known anything different.  Like I said before.  UCF went from the outhouse (Citrus Bowl) to what they believe to be a penthouse (The Frying Pan).  We're already in a penthouse so much so more than UCF, FSU or UF.  That is the reason you hear Bulls fans refer to seat backs, club access, etc.  I really think that is all there is to it.  People want an OCS when it is needed and they want it to be done right.  Don't fool yourself into believing that seat backs are holding up construction of the USF OCS.

Now that I have read all the posts in between, I apologize for repeating the same thing Don Toro was trying to sink into some gourds...but I'd also like to underscore the final line in my comment above for MAB and his band of merry men.

Of course it would be fun to be able to type repeatedly and incessantly "Seat backs are your daddy MAB"!!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I don't think they've ever known anything different.  Like I said before.  UCF went from the outhouse (Citrus Bowl) to what they believe to be a penthouse (The Frying Pan).  We're already in a penthouse so much so more than UCF, FSU or UF.  That is the reason you hear Bulls fans refer to seat backs, club access, etc.  I really think that is all there is to it.  People want an OCS when it is needed and they want it to be done right. 

Exactly.

We, as a fan base, are a bunch of spoiled brats when it comes to this.

Once again, it's just like the spoiled little 25-year-old daddy's girl who knows she can't buy anything like the mansion she's living in now courtesy of daddy, so she's just content to stay there the rest of her life.

S-P-O-I-L-E-D

:wah

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Next time you go to a game maybe you lead the retro-stadium charge by ripping out one of Daddy Glazer's seats and plopping your whiney butt manly self down on some concrete.  No offense intended...  :)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Next time you go to a game maybe you lead the retro-stadium charge by ripping out one of Daddy Glazer's seats and plopping your whiney butt manly self down on some concrete.  No offense intended...  :)

What was that about juvenile tactics there, Bulliever?

::)

"Hello, Kettle.  My name is Pot.  You are black."

Not that I care.

Not to mention completely irrelevant and non-pursuant to any point I've ever made.  Have I ever once said I would RATHER have bleachers instead chairbacks?

Uhhh.......no. 

Where I'm different from the others is that I'd rather have less "rich kid" stuff if it means we can actually play in our own stadium some time in my great-grandchildren's lifetime.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Never mind ...... Brad pretty much covered it.

Archived