• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Next time you go to a game maybe you lead the retro-stadium charge by ripping out one of Daddy Glazer's seats and plopping your whiney butt manly self down on some concrete.  No offense intended...  :)

What was that about juvenile tactics there, Bulliever?

::)

"Hello, Kettle.  My name is Pot.  You are black."

Not that I care.

Not to mention completely irrelevant and non-pursuant to any point I've ever made.  Have I ever once said I would RATHER have bleachers instead chairbacks?

Uhhh.......no. 

Where I'm different from the others is that I'd rather have less "rich kid" stuff if it means we can actually play in our own stadium some time in my great-grandchildren's lifetime.

:'(  If it offended you or hurt your feelings, I'll remove it. I planned to do so...

However, your response is driving this thing in circles...now you say:  "Have I ever once said I would RATHER have bleachers instead chairbacks."  you're starting to sound like Al Gore.  Chairbacks good for MAB, not needed for anyone else?  :)

I think we all agree there is no need to clone RJS on campus, nor is there reason to have a Frying Pan like set-up.  You go from one extreme to the other than talk in circles.  Oy Vey!

Relax, MAB, it's pretty clear my post wasn't serious...but you can take it that way if you wish kettle. ;)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

However, your response is driving this thing in circles...now you say:  "Have I ever once said I would RATHER have bleachers instead chairbacks."  you're starting to sound like Al Gore.   Chairbacks good for MAB, not needed for anyone else?  :)

I think we all agree there is no need to clone RJS on campus, nor is there reason to have a Frying Pan like set-up.  You go from one extreme to the other than talk in circles.  Oy Vey

Maybe you can draw a picture for me, or something.

I fail to see how saying I'd love it if our stadium had chairbacks, but they are not necessary if they would hold up the construction thereof is "talking in circles."

In fact, the reason I fail to see it is because...........it's not!

Maybe I'm the one that needs to draw YOU a picture.

"Oy vey!"

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

I have had season tickets to football in some fashion for 25 years. First in Miami for the canes at the OB then in Tampa for the Bucs in Tampa stadium and then Bulls and Bucs at RJS. Not bragging just offering my perspective. It is not only the comfort of the seat backs that is important it is the fact that you have an actual seat. With bench style seating when you get up or show up a little late there is rarely a space for your butt or a clear marked area of where your seat is. I remember at Bucs games when I would go to the bathroom how as soon as I got up the space where I was just would evaporate.

If any thinks this is not a big deal talk with some rational and honest UCif fans about their experience; many have posted on their board how their seats disappeared during the game. Nothing is more enjoyable than sitting squished together on a long metal bench in 100 degree heat. I know that other state schools and national universities have this same seating; USF is not them; never will be; we have done things differently than most programs and we are not a land grant school in a small college town with no where else to play. If the reason for having an OCs is because Ucif and FAU, and FIU have them than maybe we should emulate them in every way and build a stadium and start losing for a while to make people happy.

Maybe it would be easier to build a fake stadium on campus just to satisfy some of the posters on here; it seems like the most vocal would never know the truth anyways as they would never see it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I don't think they've ever known anything different.  Like I said before.  UCF went from the outhouse (Citrus Bowl) to what they believe to be a penthouse (The Frying Pan).  We're already in a penthouse so much so more than UCF, FSU or UF.  That is the reason you hear Bulls fans refer to seat backs, club access, etc.  I really think that is all there is to it.  People want an OCS when it is needed and they want it to be done right. 

Exactly.

[glow=yellow,2,300]We, as a fan base, are a bunch of spoiled brats when it comes to this.[/glow]

I actually agree with you 100% on this, but the problem, for you anyway, is that it's those spoiled brats who will hold the purse strings to getting an OCS built. I'm not sure how many season tix holders we have with Club access but I guarantee it's more than the club seats in UCF's stadium and FAU's proposed stadium combined. So you can ***** and whine and post all those cute little smilies you want, but until an OCS can be afforded with some of the same amenities, just not as many, as RayJay, it ain't going to happen ....

Maybe it would be easier to build a fake stadium on campus just to satisfy some of the posters on here; it seems like the most vocal would never know the truth anyways as they would never see it.

No need .... just buy a Jumbotron, stick it in the soccer stadium, and for home games, let M-A-B and his boys go out there and knock themselves out. Better yet, we may come out better just renting a portable Jumbotron and putting it up out there when M-A-B actually comes down to attend a game.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I had no idea that if we'd played our home games in a big open pit and made everyone sit on the grass for the last 11 years, we'd already have an OCS.

• Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

UF has one of, if not the, richest booster programs in the country.  With their recent success the dollars are just pouring in.  My father in law is a long time Gator booster and season ticket holder.  I talk with him frequently about football and not once has he mentioned a move for chairbacks at Ben Hill.

I don't think they've ever known anything different. 

Really, you don't think many Noles/Tigers/Gators haven't been to venues where there are chairbacks.  I'm sure most of them have.  Still, no outcry for the chairbacks.

Like I said earlier, FSU/UF/ etc. sell temporary seatbacks to their season ticket holders....extra revenue for the athletic department and added comfort along with a definite seat with no danger of the dreaded seat evaporation.

I understand the spoiled fan argument, but I just hate to see it hold up something as cool and awesome as an on campus stadium. 

I had no idea that if we'd played our home games in a big open pit and made everyone sit on the grass for the last 11 years, we'd already have an OCS.

And still be playing 1-AA .... and, sadly enough, there appears to be some that really wouldn't care that our biggest games of the year would be Georgia Southern and Appalachian State.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

With bench style seating when you get up or show up a little late there is rarely a space for your butt or a clear marked area of where your seat is. I remember at Bucs games when I would go to the bathroom how as soon as I got up the space where I was just would evaporate.

When I had season tix to a different school with bench seating, they "increased" the capacity without ever adding any "new" seats. They just made the space smaller for all of the fans. We used to joke that the seats were sized for skinny 12 year olds.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

UF has one of, if not the, richest booster programs in the country.  With their recent success the dollars are just pouring in.  My father in law is a long time Gator booster and season ticket holder.  I talk with him frequently about football and not once has he mentioned a move for chairbacks at Ben Hill.

I don't think they've ever known anything different. 

Really, you don't think many Noles/Tigers/Gators haven't been to venues where there are chairbacks.  I'm sure most of them have.  Still, no outcry for the chairbacks.

Like I said earlier, FSU/UF/ etc. sell temporary seatbacks to their season ticket holders....extra revenue for the athletic department and added comfort along with a definite seat with no danger of the dreaded seat evaporation.

I understand the spoiled fan argument, but I just hate to see it hold up something as cool and awesome as an on campus stadium. 

This is really getting challenging...no Mike, I am saying none in that group has plunked down a sizable donation for a decade that includes not only admittance but a plethora of amenities.

This really shouldn't be this hard.

Archived