• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Yep.....big money.  No doubt about it.

You know, there were plenty of folks who said the same thing about starting a football program.

Too expensive.

How is USF doing with getting that football program started?

Yeah, that $5 million to get it started was huge (even back then)!  :D

The Rutgers renovation was what? $116+ million?

But you're unfocused again...it's not money, it's need.  There is not a perceived need by the people that count.  It'd be nice, but it just is not necessary at this point.

You know, this thread has the chemistry to top the one with the former kicker's crazy mother.  Not typecasting or anything, just saying...

Wow......that sounds interesting.

That was before my time here.

Is that archived?  Sounds like a great read.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

I want an OCS now, but what can you do?

We could all just make a massive donation, sell everything we own (our wives wedding rings, cars, houses) and donate all that money to USF to get a movement started..

Its a sacrafice, but its worth it.  A nice 55k seat stadium on maple.  BULLWALK from the business building down maple road to our new OCS, I can see it already...

We must be patient, it is inevitable.  IT WILL happen one day.  I can already see all the tents on campus down maple road and outside of the dorms...Its a beautiful image...

BUT, we must be patient, after a few Big East titles and BCS wins, we will have the money.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I totally agree that if USF is going to build a stadium, it needs to be one of the **** nicest stadiums in college football. I do feel that moving from RayJay to an OCS that is full of lower-budget options is clearly not favorable. I hate college stadiums without Jumbotrons and such. It will be time before enough money can be saved up to even begin designing an OCS... consider that it would be close to the amount of USF's endowment, including research grants, to build a football stadium.

^^^

Posts like that are perfect examples of what I'm talking about.

"one of the nicest stadiums in college football"??

"jumbotrons"??

:KoolAid :pimp

• Content Count:  1,981

You know, this thread has the chemistry to top the one with the former kicker's crazy mother.  Not typecasting or anything, just saying...

uh? I missed that one! Somebody, quick, dig it up! I remember the "Hoochie mama halftime show" thread, that one was a classic, I think it had over 15 pages.

• Content Count:  84

I understand the spoiled fan argument, but I just hate to see it hold up something as cool and awesome as an on campus stadium.

Are you serious?  To borrow a smilie from palsy MAB...  :Bang

Just caught this...why is what I wrote so maddening?  You don't think "amenities" for spoiled fans are a hold up for an on campus stadium?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

We could all just make a massive donation, sell everything we own (our wives wedding rings, cars, houses) and donate all that money to USF to get a movement started..

Its a sacrafice, but its worth it.  A nice 55k seat stadium on maple.  BULLWALK from the business building down maple road to our new OCS, I can see it already...

We must be patient, it is inevitable.  IT WILL happen one day.  I can already see all the tents on campus down maple road and outside of the dorms...Its a beautiful image...

BUT, we must be patient, after a few Big East titles and BCS wins, we will have the money.

Nope........Bulliever insists it's not about the money.

It's about "perceived need."

Well if they can't "perceive" that we need to at least start the process of fund raising, they are SERIOUSLY in need of some new perspective.

Daddy Glazer has them brainwashed, or something.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I totally agree that if USF is going to build a stadium, it needs to be one of the **** nicest stadiums in college football. I do feel that moving from RayJay to an OCS that is full of lower-budget options is clearly not favorable. I hate college stadiums without Jumbotrons and such. It will be time before enough money can be saved up to even begin designing an OCS... consider that it would be close to the amount of USF's endowment, including research grants, to build a football stadium.

But, like I said, just give me some time... I'm going to hit the lottery and then make a killing in the stock market with my winnings. If all goes to plan, I'll be dedicating Jim Leavitt Field before he retires as our coach! ;-)

This is the way to go.  Why buy a Yugo now (while maybe going into debt)  when you can save up and buy a Mercedes later?

• Content Count:  958

Nope........Bulliever insists it's not about the money.

It's about "preceived need."

Well if they can't "preceive" that we need to at least start the process of fund raising, they are SERIOUSLY in need of some new perspective.

Daddy Glazer has them brainwashed, or something.

it's not about the money?  Its gotta be.  They are closing the library early because of the budget cuts.  We should stampede Gov. Crist, make him and the people in Tallahassee donate $100 million for a semi chairback/semi bench stadium with club access and such. 

Perhaps we could hold his family hostage?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

But, like I said, just give me some time... I'm going to hit the lottery and then make a killing in the stock market with my winnings. If all goes to plan, I'll be dedicating Jim Leavitt Field before he retires as our coach! ;-)

This is the way to go.  Why buy a Yugo now (while maybe going into debt)  when you can save up and buy a Mercedes later?

Great point, really.

Just make sure when they put me in a cryogenic crypt next to Ted Williams in Arizona they bring me back for opening night in the new $85-billion OCS in the year 3482.

That's all I ask.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

^^^

Posts like that are perfect examples of what I'm talking about.

"one of the nicest stadiums in college football"??

"jumbotrons"??

:KoolAid :pimp

So, guys like you think that the planned renovations for the Sun Dome should go undone and we should never have put the the video scoreboards in?  Just keep it musty and average and let the old college atmosphere take over? 

Secondly, referring to the "kool-aid" deal....If a kid can dream about USF playing in the National Championship, why can't he dream about the nicest OCS?

Hopefully guys like him and the many others that want the best for their alma mater see to it that USF does have the best...many are working towards that now and many more will in the future. 

Archived