• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Will it ever be truly fiscally possible to build a Ray Jay Jr. on campus? 

I think we need to keep in mind that while some tend to push this argument to extremes - meaning that will either have a chain-link sectioned Frying Pan or a Raymond James facility is silly.  I think most would expect it to be somewhere in between.  We built a pretty nice Athletic Facility.  I think we'll try to remain first-rate on the things we do if at all possible. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lovefest between MAB and Michael B. kind of reminds one of Hermie and JoeBulls, and Reuben.

Very astute.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

Will it ever be truly fiscally possible to build a Ray Jay Jr. on campus? 

I think we need to keep in mind that while some tend to push this argument to extremes - meaning that will either have a chain-link sectioned Frying Pan or a Raymond James facility is silly.  I think most would expect it to be somewhere in between.  We built a pretty nice Athletic Facility.  I think we'll try to remain first-rate on the things we do if at all possible. 

:cheers

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I totally agree that if USF is going to build a stadium, it needs to be one of the **** nicest stadiums in college football. I do feel that moving from RayJay to an OCS that is full of lower-budget options is clearly not favorable. I hate college stadiums without Jumbotrons and such. It will be time before enough money can be saved up to even begin designing an OCS... consider that it would be close to the amount of USF's endowment, including research grants, to build a football stadium.

But, like I said, just give me some time... I'm going to hit the lottery and then make a killing in the stock market with my winnings. If all goes to plan, I'll be dedicating Jim Leavitt Field before he retires as our coach! ;-)

This is the way to go.  Why buy a Yugo now (while maybe going into debt)  when you can save up and buy a Mercedes later?

Great point, really.

Just make sure when they put me in a cryogenic crypt next to Ted Williams in Arizona they bring me back for opening night in the new $85-billion OCS in the year 3482.

That's all I ask.

I guess the lessons of people buying more (or borrowing too much against) house than they can really afford are not being learned.

You're right.

Now, what was that about that Mercedes?

I have never taken on a car loan for more than 2 years and owe nothing actually.

:nope You've taken your own analogy and confused it with your real life.

Come on, Mission.  I know it's late, but snap out of it!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

The lovefest between MAB and Michael B. kind of reminds one of Hermie and JoeBulls, and Reuben.

Very astute.

Just nice to see there are other right people out there.

I was feeling lonely out here in CorrectLand for a while.

... they had better start fundraising now.

If -- that is -- they're interested in building the Taj Mahal of football stadiums that most of you insist they ought to build.

Can you get off the Taj Mahal concept?  Who would be most of you be MAB?  Faza?  Who else has insisted dreamed of a Taj Mahal?  A few chair backs constitute a Taj Mahal?  What did you grow up in? 

I need to go argue bedtime with my 6 year old...thanks for the prep time.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

... they had better start fundraising now.

If -- that is -- they're interested in building the Taj Mahal of football stadiums that most of you insist they ought to build.

Can you get off the Taj Mahal concept?  Who would be most of you be MAB?  Faza?  Who else has insisted dreamed of a Taj Mahal?  A few chair backs constitute a Taj Mahal?  What did you grow up in? 

I need to go argue bedtime with my 6 year old...thanks for the prep time.

:ROFLMAO

That's funny.

And no, Faza certainly isn't the only one who has talked about "state of the art" crap ad nauseum.

Anyone who uses the "We play in RayJay, so why move" argument is implying that's what we ought to have.

I was feeling lonely out here in CorrectLand for a while.

Honestly, I have forgotten.  In this mega-thread, what has placed you in "CorrectLand"?  What is your claim to being correct?  I didn't read the first 6 pages so I guess there could be something..please tell...maybe it'll help.  Thanks.

And no, Faza certainly isn't the only one who has talked about "state of the art" crap ad nauseum.

Anyone who uses the "We play in RayJay, so why move" argument is implying that's what we ought to have.

You're slipping...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

Very astute.

So agreeing with someone on a topic constitutes a lovefest?  Ok.

When logic and reason, in a debate I've attempted to keep lighthearted and civil fails, then resort to namecalling.

I'll attempt to keep it lighthearted and civil...because I'm an international superstar and just a better person.

Archived