• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

Guest JulmisteForPrez

All I (and others) ask is for a little forward progress on the OCS front.

All I (and others) ask that those who want a little forward progress on the OCS front, become season ticket holders and Bulls Club members.

:pain"If you build it, they will buy."

Demand comes before supply.

Not in Field Of Dreams!

Kevin Costner can teach us all a lesson here.  :moon2

You are right in one sense.  In another sense, there is a whole segment of folks out there who will not invest one red cent until they see the commitment the program has by moving forward with an OCS plan.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Who knows... maybe when demand one day gets large enough, the feasibility to stay in Ray Jay will not be beneficial (i.e. - we need more then 65k seats)  Then at that point, I bet Glazer will make accomdations like guaranteeing to paint the field, adding more green, etc.

Any thoughts?  What will Glazer do to KEEP us there once we want to leave???  It's a nice role-reversal.

• Content Count:  1,165

Why are chairbacks such a hold up with some people?  I just don't get it.

Because, for some of these old farts, that's all they know.  They've gotten used to the luxurious seats at Ray Jay. 

I think the fans that go to away games have a more worldly view of what makes a good stadium and don't have a problem with benches.  BTW, I saw the old fart Auburn fans sitting on these:

435AU.jpg

By the way, was GurlyBull serious when she was quoted in that newspaper article?

She said something to the effect of, "Their [uCF's] stadium sucks.  Our situation is better because the stadium in which we play has chairbacks."

Was she serious, or just mouthing off?

Either way, that's a very odd thing to say that I'm sure several thousand people busted a gut on when they read it.

Yea, that quote is pretty bad. I don't really know Brittany, but I've talked to her a few times and she doesn't seem stupid as one may think from that quote. I wonder if that quote was taken and portrayed in the right context.

• Content Count:  2,461

I think it is appropriate - since there seems to be some love going toward UCF's stadium...

http://www.local6.com/sports/14128304/detail.html

Perhaps we should have seatbacks AND water in our OCS?!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Who knows... maybe when demand one day gets large enough, the feasibility to stay in Ray Jay will not be beneficial (i.e. - we need more then 65k seats)  Then at that point, I bet Glazer will make accomdations like guaranteeing to paint the field, adding more green, etc.

Any thoughts?  What will Glazer do to KEEP us there once we want to leave???  It's a nice role-reversal.

He'll purchase the University and threaten to move it to Fairbanks, Alaska unless the board of Regents names it University of South Glazer.

Then, when they concede, Malcolm and his two clone sons, Brian and Joel, will hold a press conference, grinning that cheesy, evil grin.....all the while shouting in a very awkward, monotone voice, "IT'S A NEW DAY IN TAMPA BAY."

48ZS.jpg

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I think it is appropriate - since there seems to be some love going toward UCF's stadium...

Sure.

Based on what I hear from members of this board, though, they will require Perrier to flow from those fountains.  Tap water will never do.

• Content Count:  2,461

Sure.

Based on what I hear from members of this board, though, they will require Perrier to flow from those fountains.  Tap water will never do.

ZING!

I'm not going to say much because I just jumped into this thread... I will say that as much as Bulls fans like to support each other and be one big family, we are a large diverse crowd with many differing viewpoints. We can expect more and more of this as the bandwagoners jump on - especially the ones that have never been in one of these out of control OCS threads and hence have not learned the evils of such a thread (not referring to anyone in particular here).

• Content Count:  84

Now, no water fountains is weird, I'll admit.  But in all the games I have been to, I don't recall EVER using a public water fountain...they just give me the creeps. 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Now, no water fountains is weird, I'll admit.  But in all the games I have been to, I don't recall EVER using a public water fountain...they just give me the creeps. 

Come to think of it neither have I.

Estimating that I've been to several hundred sporting events in my lifetime, I've used a water fountain exactly..........

ZERO times.

Still, strange that they wouldn't include at least a few.

MAB ...

I'm not sure where you get the idea those of us who want to build the stadium "right" are looking for the Taj Mahal...

As I see it, here are what I believe most of us want in the new stadium.

1) Seat backs and arm rests in the non-student areas.  Students should have bench seating (they stand anyway, right?) and won't need armrests either (to cram more bodies in).  However, the rest of the stadium should get armrests and seatbacks. It's hard to ask for thousands of dollars for the right to buy tickets to be uncomfortable... even UCF added permanent seatbacks in its donor areas.

2) Lots of bathrooms.  Many stadiums (Orange Bowl, Legion Field, etc) don't have nearly enough bathrooms... especially for women.

3) Club levels.  This could be combined with some luxury suites, but donors who pay big $$ might want an indoor, airconditioned area into which they can retreat from time to time.

4) Lots of vendor areas.  Sure, there may or may not be beer, but why not have enough vendor stands to provide food for everyone without really long lines.  I stood in line for an hour at Legion Field for a hot dog at the Bowl Game.

5) Good sight lines.  Soccer stadiums and those with a track have some terrible views.  If we want a packed house, we need to make sure there isn't a bad seat in the house.

6) Scoreboards and jumbotrons.  Yes, the fans would really like to see the replay from time to time.  We would also like to know scores from other games.  These are possibilities at RayJay, but would be needed at a new stadium.

7) Enough seats for the demand , and enough demand for the seats.  Ah, there's the rub.  Sure, USF could build Lockhart stadium on campus right now... but it has to be big enough to bring in enough money (not ticket sales or annual donations - but advertising and naming rights).  I think the number has to be at least 50,000 if not bigger.  USF has never sold that many tickets before (WVU will probably be the first).

Now before you start the whole "build it and they will come" ... let me point out that our largest crowd ever was in the first game, and we're in our 11th season.  They haven't come yet, so why would the location of the stadium make that much of a difference to people who are not already USF fans?

I hope this explanation at least makes some sense and you can understand the perspective here.

CJL has called Raymond James stadium his biggest recruiting tool.  Bigger than the Big East. Bigger than playing for a Nat'l Championship.  That should tell you something about the kind of stadium we need to finance and build.

Archived