• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today's Official OCS thread/FAU unveils drawing of stadium

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

where are these "plans" for the supposed stadium?

• Content Count:  4,642

also, i thought we needed average season ticket sales to be a certain amount, not just average ticket sales

I've heard plans have been drawn, horseshoe in design, but placed in between the Sundome and Fowler.

Do all (or most) stadiums face North and South?

Go Bulls.

Most stadiums face northeast to southwest... I figured the open end of the horseshoe should face campus in my "mock up".

1. "Fowler Field" as it's called will be the home of the Patel Center for Global Solutions.

The site for a new facility for the Dr. Kiran C. Patel Center has been dedicated. The new building will be located adjacent to the Alumni Center on the Tampa Campus.

2. The Varsity Tennis courts and Softball complex will be in the Southeast corner of the campus ...

SFWBZCIIDXHVTXN.20060601190458.jpg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Even if we average 45,000 or 50,000 this year, next year we will see a major decrease in my opinion.  We won't have UNC, UCF, WVU, or Louisville so attendance will take a major hit.  Theoretically we could go from 50,000 this year to averaging about 35,000 next year.  Next year the only attractive game is RU.  Other than that we get Syracuse, Pitt, and UConn at home in conference.  Then add in Tennessee Martin and Kansas, and that is a very lackluster home schedule.  Most casual fans won't come out for those games no matter how good we are.

This was my thought at first, but I've taken a different approach after thinking about it more.

If we pack 50,000-60,000 in for WVU and win, we could very well see similar crowds for the remainder of the home schedule. Given current averages, thats putting 15,000-20,000 "casual" fans in the seats. We turn half of that into season ticket holders (and who can go wrong with $120 for season tickets) we're approaching 30,000 season ticket holders. I feel sooner rather than later we are going to get to the level where the fans are coming to see the Bulls, not coming to see the Bulls because they're playing (enter school here).

This is what I like to call the "Tampa Trend". It happened with the Bucs, it happened with the Lightning and it will happen with us.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I say copy the Papa Johns Stadium, put the open end on the north end of out athletic facility, and have the players run out of the athletic facility to the field.

Yes?  No?

• Content Count:  12,293

if we are worried about what our home opponets are to help boost our attendence numbers then we are not really for an OCS.

an OCS will be built when there are enough USF BULLS fans to fill the stadium,

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

One word:

Concrete

I may catch flak for this, but I am OK with steel IF, BIG IF, all the steel is covered and bricked in (covered up by brick) so it is not exposed.  That way it looks like a traditional stadium.  Just my opinion, could save a lot of $$.  Also, make the stadium a lot bigger than PJCS, so you won't have to expand in another 5 years.  Must be at LEAST 50K, preferably 55-60K.  Must have chairbacks too, not bleachers.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Even if we average 45,000 or 50,000 this year, next year we will see a major decrease in my opinion.  We won't have UNC, UCF, WVU, or Louisville so attendance will take a major hit.  Theoretically we could go from 50,000 this year to averaging about 35,000 next year.  Next year the only attractive game is RU.  Other than that we get Syracuse, Pitt, and UConn at home in conference.  Then add in Tennessee Martin and Kansas, and that is a very lackluster home schedule.  Most casual fans won't come out for those games no matter how good we are.

JoeB, disagree with this because, if expected we are a top 15 team, possible NC contender next year, casual fans will come out of the woodwork even with a less than stellar sched.  It might not be as much as this year, but still more than 35K.  Then again, it might be as much as this year.  Momentum is a strange thing once it starts snowballing.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

JoeB, disagree with this because, if expected we are a top 15 team, possible NC contender next year, casual fans will come out of the woodwork even with a less than stellar sched.  It might not be as much as this year, but still more than 35K.  Then again, it might be as much as this year.  Momentum is a strange thing once it starts snowballing.

35K might be light, but comparing these two schedules is like apples and oranges.  Next year's schedule in a word is..........ugly.

Archived