• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

150 Million Dollar Green "Bounce House" for the price of 300 Million??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think the seats are better than mostly bleachers and it does look a lot nicer than the renderings. The stadiums are not even in the same price range though. Pro stadiums compared to college stadiums are like comparing a kia to a  Lexus.  Ray Jay has a lot of amenties that I am not sure the OCS will have. Either way it will be our stadium and on campus. USf will make money on it eventually and hopefully it boost the interest of the local community.

image.png.5f3aa94cf180eb2b7096a33a363ae122.png

I was being facetious, the place is really nice inside, all kinds of club levels, suites and upscale bar’s and from the outside it kinda looks like a big spaceship.  I know there is no comparison and will be happy with whatever the final OCS product is.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I was being facetious, the place is really nice inside, all kinds of club levels, suites and upscale bar’s and from the outside it kinda looks like a big spaceship.  I know there is no comparison and will be happy with whatever the final OCS product is.

I know. I detected sarcasm.  It is a really nice stadium. I went to a game there when I was visiting family in Texas. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

I am kinda still with mixed feeling regarding the design. Happy we are getting a stadium,  and it looks nice, but still in shock as to the 340 million not getting us at least what Colorado State, Houston, or San Diego State got. It looks more on par with Tulane. I guess that's where the market is. It kind reminds me years ago when living in London going apartment hunting and coming to a realization that my decent salary could only get me the tiniest of a one bedroom apartment. 

However, i think if you told me two years ago we were getting a stadium and than showed me the renderings I would have been mind blown and happy out of my mind. So that's where I am at. Stoked for the new stadium, and cant wait for it to open. Its not perfect, but it will still be great, and it will be our little stadium, which we can always improve over the years.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  603
  • Content Count:  16,389
  • Days Won:  43

38 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I know. I detected sarcasm.  It is a really nice stadium. I went to a game there when I was visiting family in Texas. 

I have not been to that one yet & probably won’t go unless USF is playing in the Cotton Bowl. I assume it is too nice so to me that takes away a lot of character from the stadiums. Bears basically ruined Soldier Field by renovating into a space ship. I prefer the Wrigley Fields & Fenway Parks over the modern space ship stadiums. USF’s OCS renderings look good. Going to be the best OCS in the state.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, Friscobull said:

It does look rather unsightly however they have 380 luxury suites in the stadium, do you know if we will have a similar amount in the OCS?

Irrelevant. People hate metal supports on outside of the stadium.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

upscale bar’s and from the outside it kinda looks like a big spaceship

There's one of those on Dale Mabry.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

Raymond James construction cost $169m in 1997 dollars.  That's $320m in 2023 dollars.  We can't build 2/3 of RayJay with the same modern amenities for our $300m??  Granted I am no construction guru or project manager in the biz so don't know what else has changed or if construction costs are just way out of line with inflation calculators.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Raymond James construction cost $169m in 1997 dollars.  That's $320m in 2023 dollars.  We can't build 2/3 of RayJay with the same modern amenities for our $300m??  Granted I am no construction guru or project manager in the biz so don't know what else has changed or if construction costs are just way out of line with inflation calculators.

inflation is understated by the government.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,616
  • Days Won:  424

11 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I'm thinking that it is the case ....

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe if we put some angles in our steel supports it will make people happy?  I found this interesting pic of Snapdragon, the stadium that we all seem to aspire to be.  Concrete seating supported by steel beams.  I don't see anything in our preliminary renderings that would lead me to believe our stadium will be constructed any differently.  

Snapdragon_2.jpg