• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

150 Million Dollar Green "Bounce House" for the price of 300 Million??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

You are conflating two different sports? Name an old football stadium that you would prefer over the newer ones?  Soldier field had more character as you say before they renovated the first time into the blue and yellow seats.  However the bench seats were wood and some of the sight lines were awful, each renovation has made the attendance more enjoyable.  Three Rivers, Busch Stadium, Riverfront, Fulton County, the Coliseum all were replaced with nicer Stadiums, more Amenities and better sight lines, older is simply not better when it comes to football stadiums. 

That is true. SF’s Candlestick stadium sucked too compared to their new stadium. Never been to either one but I can tell just from seeing it on TV lol. Think the Dolphins made their stadium better with renovations. Seattle new stadium is better than the Kingdome 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

That is true. SF’s Candlestick stadium sucked too compared to their new stadium. Never been to either one but I can tell just from seeing it on TV lol. Think the Dolphins made their stadium better with renovations. Seattle new stadium is better than the Kingdome 

Been to both Candlestick and the new one. New one is definitely better. Off topic but interesting story about Candlestick. When the developers were trying to sell the Giants on the location, they brought them out there in the afternoon. Weather was great there during the day but the winds howled each and every night. Colder than a witch's teat.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  830
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, BULLSHTR said:

Found this higher res version of the rendering on USF's site. It's starting to grow on me, after the initial shock of all the weird shapes has worn off. One thing is for sure that it makes oveido's stadium look like a disaster waiting to happen.

spacer.png

The student section area with the Bulls horns is cool as heck. Can't imagine the scoreboard stays as a heptagon (although it kinda should now, being word of the month and all). And similar to FSU (c has the same plan), the upgrades to the stadium may eventually encase the bowl with an outer facade. These bricks weren't there day 1. 

Petition leads FSU to consider changing name of Doak Campbell Stadium

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

15 hours ago, BULLSHTR said:

Found this higher res version of the rendering on USF's site. It's starting to grow on me, after the initial shock of all the weird shapes has worn off. One thing is for sure that it makes oveido's stadium look like a disaster waiting to happen.

spacer.png

It's funny that many pages back someone complained about the "breaks" in the sections/end zones.  I do live in the desert, and it's not like Tampa, but Tampa can get hot.  They tore down parts of Sun Devil Stadium to get the "breaks" in the sections so that the bowl didn't get so hot.  Air/wind coming in, a little better...but when it's 118 it's 118.  :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

44 minutes ago, Brad said:
16 hours ago, BULLSHTR said:

spacer.png

Expand  

It's funny that many pages back someone complained about the "breaks" in the sections/end zones.  I do live in the desert, and it's not like Tampa, but Tampa can get hot.  They tore down parts of Sun Devil Stadium to get the "breaks" in the sections so that the bowl didn't get so hot.  Air/wind coming in, a little better...but when it's 118 it's 118. 

I think they should strike a sponsorship deal with MacDill and install these Big Ass Fans.

Sikorsky - Engineering the Future of Vertical Lift | Lockheed Martin

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

3 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

The student section area with the Bulls horns is cool as heck. Can't imagine the scoreboard stays as a heptagon (although it kinda should now, being word of the month and all). And similar to FSU (c has the same plan), the upgrades to the stadium may eventually encase the bowl with an outer facade. These bricks weren't there day 1. 

Petition leads FSU to consider changing name of Doak Campbell Stadium

I'm okay with that it looks nice.  We need a green roof though.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/7/2023 at 9:38 PM, Outlaw said:

Supply issues are an issue. I'll be when the stadium opens. My uncle complains all the time how he has to  either wait for construction  materials, overspend to skip  some people, or just not take a job.  Ironically  he was one of the engineer firms to diagnose  the rust bucket. My cousins one went to usf and ucf . 

For sure. We just had our house built. It was supposed to be done October 2022. Wasn't done until June 2023. Not fun.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

5 hours ago, Brad said:

It's funny that many pages back someone complained about the "breaks" in the sections/end zones.  I do live in the desert, and it's not like Tampa, but Tampa can get hot.  They tore down parts of Sun Devil Stadium to get the "breaks" in the sections so that the bowl didn't get so hot.  Air/wind coming in, a little better...but when it's 118 it's 118.  :)

I like the breaks because it gives a kind of unique look to most other college football stadiums ..... but am wondering if that will somehow diffuse some of the crowd noise.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

I like the breaks because it gives a kind of unique look to most other college football stadiums ..... but am wondering if that will somehow diffuse some of the crowd noise.

Well, once we old guys put down our oxygen masks we won't be making a lot of noise.  The lack of crowd noise at RayJay is due to the lack of crowd. 

• Haha 2
  • Crying 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Wanna be cooler? Gotta yell louder.