• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

150 Million Dollar Green "Bounce House" for the price of 300 Million??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

2 hours ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Maybe if we put some angles in our steel supports it will make people happy?  I found this interesting pic of Snapdragon, the stadium that we all seem to aspire to be.  Concrete seating supported by steel beams.  I don't see anything in our preliminary renderings that would lead me to believe our stadium will be constructed any differently.  

Snapdragon_2.jpg

Oh my God.  Those appear to be steel support beams.  We are going to kill Football Jesus with this sight.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,880
  • Days Won:  67

16 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

There's one of those on Dale Mabry.

A little bit different, I have been there numerous times, remember going in High School, good times.

19 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

I have not been to that one yet & probably won’t go unless USF is playing in the Cotton Bowl. I assume it is too nice so to me that takes away a lot of character from the stadiums. Bears basically ruined Soldier Field by renovating into a space ship. I prefer the Wrigley Fields & Fenway Parks over the modern space ship stadiums. USF’s OCS renderings look good. Going to be the best OCS in the state.

You are conflating two different sports? Name an old football stadium that you would prefer over the newer ones?  Soldier field had more character as you say before they renovated the first time into the blue and yellow seats.  However the bench seats were wood and some of the sight lines were awful, each renovation has made the attendance more enjoyable.  Three Rivers, Busch Stadium, Riverfront, Fulton County, the Coliseum all were replaced with nicer Stadiums, more Amenities and better sight lines, older is simply not better when it comes to football stadiums. 

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You are conflating two different sports? Name an old football stadium that you would prefer over the newer ones?  Soldier field had more character as you say before they renovated the first time into the blue and yellow seats.  However the bench seats were wood and some of the sight lines were awful, each renovation has made the attendance more enjoyable.  Three Rivers, Busch Stadium, Riverfront, Fulton County, the Coliseum all were replaced with nicer Stadiums, more Amenities and better sight lines, older is simply not better when it comes to football stadiums. 

Green Bay would probably be the closest NFL stadium to Wrigley/Fenway status, and from what I gather Lambeau isn't far off from college stadiums like Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Raymond James construction cost $169m in 1997 dollars.  That's $320m in 2023 dollars.  We can't build 2/3 of RayJay with the same modern amenities for our $300m??  Granted I am no construction guru or project manager in the biz so don't know what else has changed or if construction costs are just way out of line with inflation calculators.

Raymond James had a 160mil renovation from 2016-2018.  

It also had several smaller renovations in the 20-40mil range prior to the 2009 Super Bowl. 

Also, the seats had to be replaced because the color faded because the stadium was made so cheaply. 

Off topic, for those that are complaining, there is still a bunch we don’t know.  We don’t know how many seats will be seats vs bleachers, we don’t know what the concourses will look like.  We don’t know how nice the clubs will look.  

Also, people are massively underestimating how nice it will be to have open concourses where you can still see the game. That is a game changer and I don’t think the other stadiums people keep mentioning have that and hardly any have shade. 

Edited by summmit07
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,638
  • Days Won:  29

21 minutes ago, summmit07 said:

Off topic, for those that are complaining, there is still a bunch we don’t know.  We don’t know how many seats will be seats vs bleachers, we don’t know what the concourses will look like.  We don’t know how nice the clubs will look.  

Also, people are massively underestimating how nice it will be to have open concourses where you can still see the game. That is a game changer and I don’t think the other stadiums people keep mentioning have that and hardly any have shade. 

We will still have fans complain ...

20 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

Green Bay would probably be the closest NFL stadium to Wrigley/Fenway status, and from what I gather Lambeau isn't far off from college stadiums like Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

That is what I would have said however I have never been to Lambeau so didn’t want to opine on that one.  I love both Wrigley and Fenway but mainly for the atmosphere in and around the stadium.  It is cozy and is fun but I have never gotten that same feel for an NFL game.  By BM’s analysis we should have kept Tampa stadium and never built Ray Jay.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

46 minutes ago, summmit07 said:

This is huge for me.  It's the one thing I really wanted. This year at WKU it was so nice to be able to go get a beer and then just stand behind the last row of seats on the sideline and watch the game for a bit.  It would be really nice to have a small counter all the way down for drinks and food a la the Rays outfield standing.  The initial rendering is very much growing on me knowing these small things have been considered.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,477
  • Days Won:  0

Found this higher res version of the rendering on USF's site. It's starting to grow on me, after the initial shock of all the weird shapes has worn off. One thing is for sure that it makes oveido's stadium look like a disaster waiting to happen.

spacer.png

• Go Bulls! 1