• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks FSU and the College Football Committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I reread that a couple of times and still not seeing what you are saying. But please, don't try to explain it with a 7 paragraph answer. I'll suffer through my day trying to figure it out - or not. 

What happened yesterday is just baffling because they excluded a P5 unbeaten team from the playoffs but yet put in Liberty in the NY6 games. So FSU isn't qualified but Liberty is? I realize one is the playoffs and one is a NY6 game but it doesn't seem they applied the same logic to the 2 scenarios.

The game is a dud anyways so they went with the team that will travel the best and put butts in seats. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Does it really even matter? At the end of the day, its a business. It's guy soap operas. 

Note the 1941 Alabama Football Championship 

National championship claim[edit]

In the 1980s, Alabama claimed the 1941 championship as one of its claimed/recognized national championships.[1][31] As such, Alabama claims a share of the 1941 national championship, with Minnesota, due to each school being selected national champion by at least one selector.[1] Specifically, Alabama was selected national champion in 1941 by the Houlgate System.[1][31] The Houlgate System was a mathematical ranking system devised by Dale Houlgate that was syndicated in newspapers between 1927 and 1958 to determine the national champion[32] and is recognized by the NCAA as a "major selector" of national championships. Alabama lost 2 games and finished 3rd in the SEC below Tennessee and conference champion Mississippi State (8-1) who defeated Alabama 14-0 that season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Until the salary cap is in place its really pretty pointless for most programs.  It's David vs. Goliath with no slings or stones in the arsenal.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

53 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Shedding no tears over SMU getting shut out but it's their on fault. Beat one of their P5 opponents and they were good ....

True but shedding no tears over FSU either, the entire system is rigged and only a matter of time before you take one in the shorts, who better to take it then FSU.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, SilverBull said:

Until the salary cap is in place its really pretty pointless for most programs.  It's David vs. Goliath with no slings or stones in the arsenal.

You can’t put a cap on endorsements.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

29 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No that is the very small insignificant minority view, you see it as taking away because you know the G5 probably should lose it (which sounds pretty pessimistic). The overall view is that everyone is gaining something in that everyone regardless of conference affiliation still has the exact same chances of making it into the playoffs just as long as they show the committee they are the best teams (that sounds optimistic). Why should the rich and powerful playing the toughest schedules be punished for their success that doesn't sound very fair, doe is? Does anyone really want in because of pity and technicalities just to get embarrassed when they can actually earn it and have things be fair?

don't understand your line of thinking. here is the ncaa site.

States that top 6 ranked conference champs make the playoffs. (they will change this as the pac 12 will no longer exist).

That means highest ranked g5 champ is in. they earned it. No pity involved.

If you looked at the teams that would be currently in and the conferences they will be in next year then you would have 5 SEC teams, 5 Big 10 teams, 1 ACC team and Liberty.

Of course they would have to knock out either a big 10 or sec team to get a big 12 team in there. So much for power 4.....lol

I get that the sec and big 10 will dominate playoff members and there might even be people screaming that it's unfair that a 9-4 oklahoma state gets in over a 10-2 ole miss but that's the way it is until they expand again.

I could see the big 10 and sec splitting off but I don't think the crumbs they throw to g5 (or even acc and big 12) will cause that to happen.

WWW.NCAA.COM

Here's a breakdown of how the new 12-team college football playoffs will work -starting next year - according to CFP officials.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Gismo said:

If you actually have moral objections you can handcuff your member on who they can take money from, just like how parties are handcuffed on contributions. So the SEC would be able to say that no team can take money from any person or business that is giving X or more dollars in NIL contracts but they do not care about it like that, they care that other teams may actually take one of their players or one that they want and that is where a line has to be drawn.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

21 minutes ago, Gismo said:

BIG10 and SEC asserting themselves as the P2 by putting two 1 loss SEC teams ahead of an undefeated ACC team. 

All this means is that even if USF were in the ACC, we won’t get recognized or respected by the P2 or playoff system. They shafted FSU, they will definitely shaft USF.

This was also a move to prompt the top ACC schools to depart for the Big10 and SEC. They just took a huge dump on the desk of the ACC asserting their dominance and demonstrating that the table is reserved for Big10 and SEC only.

It’s truly one of the greatest subtle power moves of all time. 

why would the big 10 and sec want anyone from acc or big 12? they wouldn't increase the payout per school.

and when they expand playoffs  to 12 ACC champ will get autobid

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

don't understand your line of thinking. here is the ncaa site.

States that top 6 ranked conference champs make the playoffs. (they will change this as the pac 12 will no longer exist).

That means highest ranked g5 champ is in. they earned it. No pity involved.

If you looked at the teams that would be currently in and the conferences they will be in next year then you would have 5 SEC teams, 5 Big 10 teams, 1 ACC team and Liberty.

Of course they would have to knock out either a big 10 or sec team to get a big 12 team in there. So much for power 4.....lol

I get that the sec and big 10 will dominate playoff members and there might even be people screaming that it's unfair that a 9-4 oklahoma state gets in over a 10-2 ole miss but that's the way it is until they expand again.

I could see the big 10 and sec splitting off but I don't think the crumbs they throw to g5 (or even acc and big 12) will cause that to happen.

You will not get it until it happens for the first time which is why we agreed to move on until the first G5 team actually makes it into the playoff in the name of fairness which will be immediately followed by a necessary rules change and the last G5 team making it into the playoff in the name of fairness. It was deemed necessary to get to that number concessions had to be made, once the number is set it will then be necessary to remove the concessions. I cannot explain it to you because you do not want to understand it, so we will wait for you to be shocked which I imagine happens fairly regularly.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

13 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Exactly.

button GIF