• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some Monday Morning Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

40 minutes ago, Brad said:

With the less competitve conference, I would expect mostly improved results across the board.  Is that wrong?

I was able to add more reps to my bench press! All I had to do was take weight off the bar! Looks like I'm getting stronger!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

50 minutes ago, Brad said:

With the less competitve conference, I would expect mostly improved results across the board.  Is that wrong?

Not wrong to expect better results in the Win/Loss dept, no.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

38 minutes ago, Brad said:

With the less competitive conference, I would expect mostly improved results across the board.  Is that wrong?

I think it is fair when the end of the year comes and say we got a small bump from the change in members of our conference. But, what I am seeing goes beyond that. 

Let me talk about the Fall teams:

Women's Soccer last year was an anomaly. That program wins consistently, they just had a slight rebuild due to losing a lot of scoring. They are better this year than last year. 

Volleyball is way ahead of last year, huge gain in wins. This year we have played 2 top 20 teams, last year we played none (according to gousfbulls.com at the time of the match). Yes, the league is softer, but the win difference is going to be dramatic in this sport. 

Football last year beat the I-AA, this year beat the I-AA plus a returning league member and a new league member. We are already +2 in wins, I think we have 2-3 more wins in us. We were 0-11 vs I-A teams last year, and we lost some many good players to transfer. As long as we don't fold the rest of the season, this year is clearly better than any year in the Jeff Scott era. 

Men's Soccer - league is very tough, change in membership didn't make that much of a difference. UCF is mid, Houston and Cincy don't have teams. The other new schools were already admitted before last year. This one I can't figure out. No one has blown us out, but the wins aren't happening. Last year I though the coach was on the hot seat and won his way off it. Hope we can pull it together. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I think it is fair when the end of the year comes and say we got a small bump from the change in members of our conference. But, what I am seeing goes beyond that. 

Let me talk about the Fall teams:

Women's Soccer last year was an anomaly. That program wins consistently, they just had a slight rebuild due to losing a lot of scoring. They are better this year than last year. 

Volleyball is way ahead of last year, huge gain in wins. This year we have played 2 top 20 teams, last year we played none (according to gousfbulls.com at the time of the match). Yes, the league is softer, but the win difference is going to be dramatic in this sport. 

Football last year beat the I-AA, this year beat the I-AA plus a returning league member and a new league member. We are already +2 in wins, I think we have 2-3 more wins in us. We were 0-11 vs I-A teams last year, and we lost some many good players to transfer. As long as we don't fold the rest of the season, this year is clearly better than any year in the Jeff Scott era. 

Men's Soccer - league is very tough, change in membership didn't make that much of a difference. UCF is mid, Houston and Cincy don't have teams. The other new schools were already admitted before last year. This one I can't figure out. No one has blown us out, but the wins aren't happening. Last year I though the coach was on the hot seat and won his way off it. Hope we can pull it together. 

Regarding football yea i don' t disagree. It will all depend on how we recover, but if we continue to nosedive  and even if get another win against Charlotte I really would not be able to call it real progress. The way we looked on Saturday was worse that at any time last year including our losses to Temple and BYU.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,461
  • Days Won:  43

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

As you go, so goes Bulls Nation.  

the wolf of wall street chant GIF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,588
  • Days Won:  25

40 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Yes, this conference and our schedules are easier then ever in tis new AAC so an  improved win total  might not necessarily mean progress.

We never beat Navy with Scott. I don't think rice isn't really any better or worse than teaming like Tulsa we couldn't beat.  I think the coaching staff is at minimum a small upgrade and made some progress, but the flaws are being exposed in the offense and defense. We need to make adjustments to our offense and defense. I hope coaches are hurting , watched the film, and plan to instill some life into the offense with some new plays and schemes. We have a first-year hc and first oc who haven't had experience dealing with adversity while running a team and offense. Todd Orlando really doesn't have any excuses because he has been around a while and has shown jekyll and Hyde results throughout his whole career. The two fau alumni I know that follow fau said they were ecstatic when they found our he was our dc. I know we may not be the most talented team in the aac, but there is no excuse for the defense and offensive play last week. Time to move on to Uconn. Let's hope the coaching staff can do their job and come up with a better gameplan and the players keep fighting  and get a win executing the plan.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

It will he interested to see the ranks adjusted by performance. 15/25 isn't good.  Dilfer smoked Golesh and Louisville looks solid at Louisville. 

Yea, I was looking for actual first time head coaches. Not head coaches with previous experience. Even if it's like the guy from Coastal that moved to liberty, he still had some experience. So, here you go! 

Kenny Dillingham

Arizona State-  Kenny Dillingham takes over in 2023 after serving last season as Oregon’s OC. He was a Sun Devils offensive assistant back in 2014 and 2015 and has served on staffs at four different schools since.

Biff Poggi 

Charlotte - Biff Poggi, who comes over from Michigan where he served as associate head coach over the last two years to Jim Harbaugh.

Tim Beck

Coastal Carolina - Tim Beck has served as an assistant offensive coach at six different FBS schools dating back to ’91, but this will be his first shot at a top job.

Kenni Burns

Kent State - Kenni Burns takes over the program after spending the last four years as Associate Head Coach/Running Backs Coach at Minnesota.

Zach Arnett

Mississippi State -  The passing of Mike Leach left a huge void in the Mississippi State program, and college football for that matter. The unenviable job of replacing Leach this past December fell to Zach Arnett, who although a defensive-oriented coach, had bled Bulldog-red for the last three seasons as the DC.

Brian Newberry 

Navy - The program has named its former Defensive Coordinator Brian Newberry as the replacement for Ken Niumatalolo, who was here for 16 seasons.

Eric Morris

North Texas - With a step-up move to the American Conference in 2023, UNT starts fresh with Eric Morris, who has helped lead high-powered offenses at schools like Texas Tech, Incarnate Word, and Washington State over the last decade or so in various roles. This will be his first FBS head coaching job.

David Braun

Northwestern - In 2023, Braun was named the defensive coordinator at Northwestern. He was named interim head coach at Northwestern after head coach Pat Fitzgerald was fired amid allegations of widespread hazing within the football program.

Ryan Walters

Purdue - Eric Morris,  most recently Illinois, since 2016.

Trent Dilfer 

UAB - His only coaching experience however has been at the prep school level since 2019.

Lance Taylor

Western Michigan -  Taylor has coached at some high levels previously, serving for two different NFL teams and five different FBS schools, including, most recently, Louisville.

Alex Golesh

USF - For a variety of reasons, I think things will be a little better for USF this fall.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,588

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Yea, I was looking for actual first time head coaches. Not head coaches with previous experience. Even if it's like the guy from Coastal that moved to liberty, he still had some experience. So, here you go! 

Kenny Dillingham

Arizona State-  Kenny Dillingham takes over in 2023 after serving last season as Oregon’s OC. He was a Sun Devils offensive assistant back in 2014 and 2015 and has served on staffs at four different schools since.

Biff Poggi 

Charlotte - Biff Poggi, who comes over from Michigan where he served as associate head coach over the last two years to Jim Harbaugh.

Tim Beck

Coastal Carolina - Tim Beck has served as an assistant offensive coach at six different FBS schools dating back to ’91, but this will be his first shot at a top job.

Kenni Burns

Kent State - Kenni Burns takes over the program after spending the last four years as Associate Head Coach/Running Backs Coach at Minnesota.

Zach Arnett

Mississippi State -  The passing of Mike Leach left a huge void in the Mississippi State program, and college football for that matter. The unenviable job of replacing Leach this past December fell to Zach Arnett, who although a defensive-oriented coach, had bled Bulldog-red for the last three seasons as the DC.

Brian Newberry 

Navy - The program has named its former Defensive Coordinator Brian Newberry as the replacement for Ken Niumatalolo, who was here for 16 seasons.

Eric Morris

North Texas - With a step-up move to the American Conference in 2023, UNT starts fresh with Eric Morris, who has helped lead high-powered offenses at schools like Texas Tech, Incarnate Word, and Washington State over the last decade or so in various roles. This will be his first FBS head coaching job.

David Braun

Northwestern - In 2023, Braun was named the defensive coordinator at Northwestern. He was named interim head coach at Northwestern after head coach Pat Fitzgerald was fired amid allegations of widespread hazing within the football program.

Ryan Walters

Purdue - Eric Morris,  most recently Illinois, since 2016.

Trent Dilfer 

UAB - His only coaching experience however has been at the prep school level since 2019.

Lance Taylor

Western Michigan -  Taylor has coached at some high levels previously, serving for two different NFL teams and five different FBS schools, including, most recently, Louisville.

Alex Golesh

USF - For a variety of reasons, I think things will be a little better for USF this fall.

Thanks for this. It would be interesting to compare all of their records at the end of the season .

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,106
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Good point. You can and find a new home next year. We had alot of turnover and transfers. 

I don't know I would maybe look at if the people transferring in were quitters and tell then to kick rocks.

They should add to the transfer portal a coaching Metadata tab where you can check diva, quitter, checkboxes and attach evidence.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m getting hyped up again! Bring on UConn! Go Bulls!!

Drinking at 11:30 in the morning in something you shouldn't be doing - unless you're retired. Then it is fine.

• Haha 1