• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some Monday Morning Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

It will be interesting to see what adjustments are made. The fast play has lead to turnovers, and is putting unecessary pressure on the defense. The offense has been vanilla, so making it more vanilla would not be the answer. How this team reacts this weekend after the last two weeks will tell me everything i need to know about Golesh as a head coach.

He definitely needs to make some changes. The defense can’t handle how fast the offense gets off the field. I’m concerned that at this point in the season we are not adding plays or wrinkles, but reducing plays. I hope I’m wrong, but that doesn’t seem to be a good sign.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I don't know how you can listen to his presser and not believe that he'll get this team turned around within a year or two

Talk is easy. Need to see it on the field. Next play is a nice slogan, but the next play can't exactly look like the last play. 

Also a turn around needs to come sooner then later. We can't have two more years of this and expect to still be in consideration for realignment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I don't see how we can get vanilla we run like 3 plays...maybe more hb dives are in order.

Just tired of watching another first year coach fumble around figuring out what works.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,678
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I don't see how we can get vanilla we run like 3 plays...maybe more hb dives are in order.

Q set passing records under that offense but I'm not sure BB's there yet ....

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Q set passing records under that offense but I'm not sure BB's there yet ....

Q did but he had way better backs with Johnson and Mack. 

Think losing Battie hurt the most of all the players gone....we could really use him now in run game. This rb group lacks explosive play potential.  Joiner I'd like to see get more touches when healthy. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,587

21 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I don't know how you can listen to his presser and not believe that he'll get this team turned around within a year or two

How would you simply an already predictable and simple offense but then state you  not going to run a vanilla  offense? From every game I have watched the offense is very vanilla and nothing compared to what we saw at UT with him or current. It seems we are playing fast just to play fast without an plan of attack except run with the qb , run up the middle with the rb, occasionally throw a screen, and most of the passes are deep balls. The other stuff he said wasn't bad. Do you think it is  first year oc is struggling to figure out what plays to plays fast or the players can't run more than limited playbook and play fast? If we can't play fast, I think we should slow the tempo at times and call plays that give us the best chance to get yards or a touchdown.   WE already lack a short and midfield passing attack. WE don't use a lot of misdirection or motion plays already, lack a lot of outside runs, and not many creative play designs to fool the other teams. IT seems we are doing less and less on offense with the play calls and designs. It feels like the opposite way to run the ball up the middle a lot to slow and control the clock under Strong/Gilbert now we are just running the ball up the middle a lot to play fast. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,587

16 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Just tired of watching another first year coach fumble around figuring out what works.

I found the playbook.

HB dive only Madden 20 win?! - YouTubeMadden 24 Denver Broncos Offense Shotgun Trey Open HB Str Read OptionIs four verticals the most popular play in Madden and NCAA football ...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

49 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I found the playbook.

HB dive only Madden 20 win?! - YouTubeMadden 24 Denver Broncos Offense Shotgun Trey Open HB Str Read OptionIs four verticals the most popular play in Madden and NCAA football ...

Very complex. No wonder he wants to simplify things

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,458
  • Days Won:  43

This game is a big win this weekend if they can get it

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,678
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Q did but he had way better backs with Johnson and Mack. 

Think losing Battie hurt the most of all the players gone....we could really use him now in run game. This rb group lacks explosive play potential.  Joiner I'd like to see get more touches when healthy. 

I'm wondering if Powell is completely healthy, too. Maybe I'm totally off base but he almost seems like the lightning to Wright's thunder. I'm not sure he gets caught on that long run NW had but was caught from behind ...