• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some Monday Morning Perspective

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, mj796 said:

As a reminder, we still do not have the new stadium built and we have only had the IPF for a handful of months. It was made very clear that without both of these, we will not be competitive. Let's just all relax. 

says the guy that disparaged my to my daughter.  😀

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Yes, this conference and our schedules are easier then ever in tis new AAC so an  improved win total  might not necessarily mean progress.

Exactly. No need to compare past and present....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, Brad said:

With the less competitve conference, I would expect mostly improved results across the board.  Is that wrong?

The only sport that's really benefited from a less competitive conference has been volleyball. All the others had been holding their own in the old AAC and are continuing in the new one, with MSOC being the only one that will probably drop off from last year ... where they played in conf championship game ... but they still have a chance to qualify for conf tourney this year.

Disclaimer: I did see that Mike set the the record straight on the "less competitive" conference thing but I'd already spent time on this one and said "**** it, I'm posting it anyway"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Not sure a record was set straight but I appreciate the views. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Not sure a record was set straight but I appreciate the views. 

It was ... The bulk of our success in the other Fall sports wasn't because of a "less competitive" conference. The success has been there all along.

Edited by Triple B

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

There was not a question about what constituted the bulk of our success, and how that was defined, but you did a great job still. 

I prefer to look at some quantitative data to see if the new C-USA teams really are stronger than Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston. Do you have that handy?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

There was not a question about what constituted the bulk of our success, and how that was defined, but you did a great job still. 

I prefer to look at some quantitative data to see if the new C-USA teams really are stronger than Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston. Do you have that handy?

FAU in undefeated in conference. UCF, Cinci and Houston aren't. Does that constitute proof?  😄

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

FAU in undefeated in conference. UCF, Cinci and Houston aren't. Does that constitute proof?  😄

That's what is so worrying about the last two weeks. We were much more competitive last year against UCF and Cincy  then we were against UAB and FAU

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

FWIW,  Rice beat Houston earlier this season so there is that lol

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

That's what is so worrying about the last two weeks. We were much more competitive last year against UCF and Cincy  then we were against UAB and FAU

I will have to say that Cincy is going back to being known as Cindy. They will never be the same after Finkel left for Wisconsin. We are going to see the low fan support at Nippert once again. UCIF won’t be recovering from their 35-7 choke against Baylor this season. They will probably need an entire new coaching staff to shake that game off. Houston has terrible fan support and they are back to sucking. AAC didn’t lose much imo