• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schools that have passed USF in conference realignment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

33 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yes, he was very high on him which further illustrates his knowledge about anything of relevance.  He is dead ass wrong, the future is bright. 

I don't think any of us know for sure how this coaching hire is going to work out. Anyone who tells you otherwise probably don't know what they are talking about. The only thing we can do is hope that coach Golesh is the right hire.

So far though I like how he has recruited on offense.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

33 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

The only thing we can do is hope that coach Golesh is the right hire.

Hope strategy always works!

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Hope strategy always works!

that is how it goes with coaching hires

Edited by USFBULL_08
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

19 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:
On 2/10/2023 at 10:45 AM, smazza said:

it doesnt matter now

usf is dead in the water

I remember when you said USF was well on their way up with Coach Scott. So hopefully you are wrong again…

Well, my father always warned me about those octopus attorneys:  "That's my educated opinion.  But on the other hand...but on the other hand...."  Danged if I didn't become one of them.  So I will say as to the likelihood our chances of success and failure, I feel strongly both ways.

Not Safe For Work No GIF

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I don't think any of us know for sure how this coaching hire is going to work out. Anyone who tells you otherwise probably don't know what they are talking about. The only thing we can do is hope that coach Golesh is the right hire.

So far though I like how he has recruited on offense.

Nope but we know how the last one worked out that he was high on, complete trash, fact.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 2/10/2023 at 10:42 AM, jchem1995 said:

Smazza, did your dime wife leave you, kick u in the nuts, and take your dog???? Where is this Debbie downer crap coming from? You even had bad grammar once. WTH?!?! Now, pick your chin up, smack you face, down a shot and scream kamikaze. 

actually things in my life have never been better. im very healthy,i have  few bucks and lots of companionship. my 5 dogs are healthy. 3 pitties and 2 chihuahuas. thank you for your concern.

i realize the change in the landscape with the portal and nil will destroy programs like usf(and at least 80% of the other schools)

i dont see anyway out of our situation. any players that excel this year will leave

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, smazza said:

actually things in my life have never been better. im very healthy,i have  few bucks and lots of companionship. my 5 dogs are healthy. 3 pitties and 2 chihuahuas. thank you for your concern.

i realize the change in the landscape with the portal and nil will destroy programs like usf(and at least 80% of the other schools)

i dont see anyway out of our situation. any players that excel this year will leave

One way to help would be to pay some of those players that excel to do commercials for you. N - I - L.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

One way to help would be to pay some of those players that excel to do commercials for you. N - I - L.

Maybe three of our sterling student athletes in pre-law....

image.jpeg.dc389de6d39195d52f236984a7044e64.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329

I don't see usf ever climbing out of this hole. Like a previous poster said, if we have a great season and make the playoffs, the coach and any good players will be gone. This will force us to start a rebuild and hope we get lucky with both players and coaches. If we do, we will continue the cycle until we find a coach and players who aren't good and we will be stuck with the for awhile. Also, assuming we make the playoffs they will likely have us playing the top team in the country round 1 who will be making 10 to 20 times our annual revenue. 

Back when usf was relevant, I used to put on usf games at family gatherings either before or after the sec teams that my family follows. The other family members would watch the games and cheer usf on. They would know the players and it was exciting. Now, I put the usf game on and everybody leaves the room because our games simply don't matter to anyone except the hardcore fan base. It's like I'm watching a different sport entirely. I might as well have put a badminton match on. Is like we used to play poker with other people involved. Now our fan base is playing solitaire where we are the only ones who care if we win or lose. I just hate that we don't get to participate in the trash talking, rivalries, or discussions that make college football special. I'm not a big fan of solitaire so my Fandom has taken a big hit. Hopefully within the next few years we get back to being a part of the big boys table. I think we are one of what, 3 programs that used to have a seat at the table but don't anymore...uconn and Tulane being the other 2?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454

14 hours ago, smazza said:

I hope you are wrong but am afraid you are right…at least until they redo this NIL and portal system. The silver lining might be that this ridiculous system seems to alienate the majority of schools for the few so perhaps an exodus of college football fans nationwide changes some minds sooner rather than later. As far as NIL, nope. USF is clearly going to be a farm system so I’d be hard pressed to think of a bigger waste of money. It’s literally paying some kid to be your friend for a while, no thanks.