• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schools that have passed USF in conference realignment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Teams that have passed USF:

Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, SMU

Add TCU, BYU, and SDSU to that list if you want to include all mid majors. May also include UConn (Big East). 

That tells you everything you need to know about USF. MK isn’t working any ACC magic and USF is utterly worthless to conferences. By my count that’s 12 or 13 schools that got chosen ahead of USF in the last 10-12 years. That tells you exactly where USF stands to everyone. A nobody. 12 TWELVE!!!! schools left USF in the dust. 6 of who were in conferences LOWER than USF. USF: failing at every turn for more than a decade. 

Edited by MikeG
  • Upvote 1
  • Crying 2
  • ???? 3
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,731
  • Days Won:  0

I believe USF will go to a different conference, but that discussion is ongoing in a different thread I think... 🙂

Just for fun, though, saying USF has gotten "passed" by other schools implies that USF was ahead of those schools at some point. You can definitely say USF is currently getting left behind, but we are still in the race and haven't hit the wall yet. And, anyway, USF will always be #1 in our hearts, right? 😁🤘

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I believe USF will go to a different conference, but that discussion is ongoing in a different thread I think... 🙂

Just for fun, though, saying USF has gotten "passed" by other schools implies that USF was ahead of those schools at some point. You can definitely say USF is currently getting left behind, but we are still in the race and haven't hit the wall yet. And, anyway, USF will always be #1 in our hearts, right? 😁🤘

USF will always be #1 in our hearts. USF should be surveying and asking fans who left supporting this team that question with a flurry of other questions. We can’t continue to relay on the same base to support this team. Time for USF to invest in understanding. Hopefully they have seriously done that. Not some analysis that just points to what some want. But real hardcore nitty gritty work that lays out the realities of where we are.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

USF Doomer gang!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

SMU to the PAC is a headscratcher. It would have made more sense them joining the Big 12.  Having our worst 4 years in history couldn't have come at a worst time. No doubt in my mind that Kelly bares some of that responsibility. The AAC will become even more watered down in the future with teams like Memphis leaving as well. We need to start winning this year or we will be stuck in the AAC.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

6 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Teams that have passed USF:

Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, SMU

Add TCU, BYU, and SDSU to that list if you want to include all mid majors. May also include UConn (Big East). 

That tells you everything you need to know about USF. MK isn’t working any ACC magic and USF is utterly worthless to conferences. By my count that’s 12 or 13 schools that got chosen ahead of USF in the last 10-12 years. That tells you exactly where USF stands to everyone. A nobody. 12 TWELVE!!!! schools left USF in the dust. 6 of who were in conferences LOWER than USF. USF: failing at every turn for more than a decade. 

This is misleading, we were never ahead of Cincinnati, Louisville, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, or TCU in any reasonable measure. They can't pass us if they were never behind us. 

We clearly had a better position than UCF and Houston at one point in time, and they passed us. If SMU and/or SDSU moves up before us, they get added to the list. BYU is tough to say if we were ever ahead of them, but maybe them too. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

SMU to the PAC is a headscratcher. It would have made more sense them joining the Big 12.  Having our worst 4 years in history couldn't have come at a worst time. No doubt in my mind that Kelly bares some of that responsibility. The AAC will become even more watered down in the future with teams like Memphis leaving as well. We need to start winning this year or we will be stuck in the AAC.

I would say Kelly bares most responsibility. He is in charge. Are we closer to, or further from, being selected for realignment than when Kelly took the job? 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

Syracuse, Pitt and WVU were never not (I know double negative) in a BCS/P5 conference so they did not "pass us by" but maintained their status.  But that doesn't make me feel any better they got to stay at the big boy table while we moved to eat with the kids.

GO BULLS!

Edited by 79 Bull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

First off SMU to PAC makes sense. The league needs to expand into new territory and SMU provides that to them. The Big12 with TCU doesn’t need another Texas team in the Dallas area.

For USF nothing has changed. It must build the OCS and it needs to win and dominate whatever league it is in. If we do that , we will be attractive to Big12 or ACC if they get raided in future. But it is really up to USF to build and win..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Not worried. I am sorry but with the 12 team playoff starting in 2024 the conference BS has lost a lot of bite. USF is blessed to be in one of the top 6 conferences which includes the AAC.