• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schools that have passed USF in conference realignment

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,409
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Unfortunately is not just about media markets but location.

SEC with Florida doesn’t need USF as a media market

ACC as long as FSU and Miami are there will be a tough move for USF.

Big12 is really the only one that makes sense. And that’s the one that we will most likely end up in. But USF needs to win and build OCS. 

B1G? 🤣

Edited by Sk00b
voting for a merge with same conversations in realignment thread
  • Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

B1G? 🤣

Pass what you are smoking. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, smazza said:

we arent going any where

the train left the station and we arent on it

There will be more trains, but next time we better be on time so we don't miss it.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

This is misleading, we were never ahead of Cincinnati, Louisville, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, or TCU in any reasonable measure. They can't pass us if they were never behind us. 

We clearly had a better position than UCF and Houston at one point in time, and they passed us. If SMU and/or SDSU moves up before us, they get added to the list. BYU is tough to say if we were ever ahead of them, but maybe them too. 

OK, even conceding the schools that were in an equal conference as USF such as Rutgers, Pitt, etc. that still leaves by my count 6 schools that were in lesser conferences than USF when USF was in a power conference.  UCF, Houston, SMU, TCU, BYU, and SDSU.  All of these were in the MWC or CUSA when USF was in the Big East, so yes, they passed USF.  The other six were in an equal conference and were selected ahead of USF.

Why can't you see that.  6 passed USF and 6 were selected ahead of USF.

No one wants USF, period.  We are a nobody afterthought.  MK isn't working ACC or Big 12 phone lines, and USF will always be a mid major.  End of story.  What more facts do you need to see.

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

OK, even conceding the schools that were in an equal conference as USF such as Rutgers, Pitt, etc. that still leaves by my count 6 schools that were in lesser conferences than USF when USF was in a power conference.  UCF, Houston, SMU, TCU, BYU, and SDSU.  All of these were in the MWC or CUSA when USF was in the Big East, so yes, they passed USF.  The other six were in an equal conference and were selected ahead of USF.

No one wants USF, period.  We are a nobody afterthought.  MK isn't working ACC or Big 12 phone lines, and USF will always be a mid major.  End of story.  What more facts do you need to see.

I agree, and the sad thing is that if there was more conference realignment tomorrow teams like Memphis, Boise State, and Tulane would clearly be ahead of us, while others like UTSA and ECU would be cutting it close.

We cant afford to continue on the current trajectory in football and basketball. We have to start winning now, and the OCS has to be announced and built as soon as possible.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

bolded part I couldn't disagree with more. 

Back in 2004ish realignment happened when we were a hot commodity, more recently it happened when we were not. It will happen again. We just have to focus on getting our house in order to be ready. 

We jumped schools, and schools jumped us. We had good days and we had bad days. I can see into our future, we have both good days and bad days ahead. The key is having more good days than bad days. 

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Back in 2004ish realignment happened when we were a hot commodity, more recently it happened when we were not. It will happen again. We just have to focus on getting our house in order to be ready. 

We jumped schools, and schools jumped us. We had good days and we had bad days. I can see into our future, we have both good days and bad days ahead. The key is having more good days than bad days. 

We need to become a consistent winner. We have to start winning this year, and then sustain it. UCF, Houston, SMU, Cincy, San Diego State all have had sustained success. Doesn't mean they are good every year, but they are good more often then not. Also all  have besides football also found some success in basketball. Furthermore all have either built a new OCS or upgraded their stadiums in recent times, except for SMU who already has a stadium.

Our leadership failed us.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

22 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Thank you. I know people are frustrated but really NO ONE is going to add a school that is 1-11 and has only one FBS win in four years. That’s a fact of where we are. Now you can blame Genshaft, Strong, Scott,nKelly whoever but that’s the major reason we are where we are. Doesn’t matter who Kelly is on the phone with, if I’m those conferences my answer would be very simple. SHOW ME THE MONEY and SHOW ME THE WINS, until then save your phone calls.

At this point USF’s only options is to build the OCS and win. If we can do that we will become a valuable property. 

Now if you want to cry your tears and say it’s over and whatever, go ahead and do that, but that solves nothing. Neither does whining about the past. Is done and you can’t go back.

I much rather focus on what USF can do now and in the future to win again and if we do, I have no doubts we will move up.

With that I’m done with this thread. 

Go Bulls!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

With that I’m done with this thread. 

Go Bulls!!

Mods, can this be merged into the mega thread? 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Leave it up to USF to find a way to be one of the few programs to be relegated.