• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

I read the SI article a while back . . . good read.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Also heard he wants to get his Shedeur Sanders into the NFL

3k yards on 65%+ completion with 30 TD's and less than 10 picks is nice at the FCS level. But doing that at USF could get him drafted in the top 3 rounds

Might be an issue with some of the guys already in the locker room who are already sold on BB. But if Deion is the guy we want and think will help fix the program, then that's an issue we let him deal with.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

Local media has provided some analysis of the 247Sports report.

YVRYDDJW7BEBTDFD3WAB4QFG24.jpg

The Jackson State coach and Florida State legend reportedly has talked with the Bulls. What does it mean?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

11 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Might be an issue with some of the guys already in the locker room who are already sold on BB. But if Deion is the guy we want and think will help fix the program, then that's an issue we let him deal with.

This is the only reason why I don't think this would make sense.  It looks like we have our own guy now.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

52 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He may be able to recruit some that are not burnt toast. He definitely would have the recruiting advantage compared to the new AAC. I think Colorado is a better spot for him though to succeed, get more attention, and money. The PAC 12 is going to get weaker with USC and UCLa leaving. So it would be easier to compete for wins and recruits . I would like to see him here, i just don't know why he would want to come to USF instead of waiting for  a p5 offer.

Colorado is a terrible job. There are good p5 jobs and there are bad ones. I can't imagine he wants a bad one.

The last Colorado head coach that left for a better p5 job was Rick neuhesil back in the late 90's and that was to Washington.

Taggart showed that success here can easily lead to a top 10 p5 job.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

USF will be wise to stay away from another hype coach Like Scott; Taggart, Holtz, Strong.,

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Not sold but why not take the risk I don’t think it can get worse.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

USF will be wise to stay away from another hype coach Like Scott; Taggart, Holtz, Strong.,

We get it JL is your daddy

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

13 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Right, let’s focus on some retread, or a guy who won because he had a great QB instead of a guy with a name who can get into the living room of any recruit in the country and has never failed in his entire career. C’mon, man. Deion may be “another hype coach” but he’s certainly not in the same universe as the guys you listed.

I don’t know if he succeeds at USF or not - or if we even have a legitimate chance to hire him - but I can’t imagine anyone saying it would be a bad hire, unless they just want to be contrary and have a chance to say “I told you so” if he doesn’t produce. Let’s get real here. If you have a chance to hire Deion or anyone else whose name has been thrown around - Herman, Frost, Simmons, Gruden, Leavitt, Chadwell, et al, it’s the easiest decision ever. Where’s the contract?

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2