• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

-Our attendance would immediately be improved

-we'd be more likely to keep guys like Horn/Battie from entering the portal

-we'd immediately get a talent infusion in the portal

-we'd get so much attention in the media the Times probably gives us a beat writer again

Fundraising for a stadium would become so much easier. Felt like the slam dunk from the start, now that I know this is possible i'm just preparing myself to be let down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

The only negative I can see is the way USF would market next year's season tickets based on the Deion hire (kind of like they did with Holtz New Error and BullStrong).  They'll probably use Prime Time or something in the cheesy slogan.  But that's okay.  I guess I can stomach it if it fixes the recruiting problems and we start playing with swagger and winning again.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

24 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

There is no obvious negative to hiring Deion - personality, recruiting potential, attention-grabbing hire in a market dominated by pro sports. Just what USF needs right now. Who cares if it’s a short-term hire if it gets us out of the dumpster? Can’t say the same about any other potential candidate - including Jim. A no-brainer if you can make it happen.

Getting out of the dumpster would be massive while we are trying to build this new stadium and make moves.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 minute ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

The only negative I can see is the way USF would market next year's season tickets based on the Deion hire (kind of like they did with Holtz New Error and BullStrong).  They'll probably use Prime Time or something in the cheesy slogan.  But that's okay.  I guess I can stomach it if it fixes the recruiting problems and we start playing with swagger and winning again.

It's about "Prime **** Time" we win

excited rodney dangerfield GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

If you play Wordle, there is an omen about this today.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Skingraft said:

This is just SI reporting on the original 247 report.  Nothing new was added here.  

46 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Leavitt would get mostly USF people excited. I think Deion gets USF people excited and people people excited, with more of Tampa Bay paying attention, at least initially  …. and although it would be great if CJL came back in any capacity, don’t think he would or should. It’s go all in with him or not at all. 

The fact that ONE report on 247 Sports was picked up by national media outlets shows you that people people are getting excited about it.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

9 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

The fact that ONE report on 247 Sports was picked up by national media outlets shows you that people people are getting excited about it.

That attention would do wonders for NIL too. With the program getting so much buzz local companies may actual see the value in being associated with our stars

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

I'm so glad no one has stepped in here and insisted that THERE IS NO WAY Prime Time is coming here.

I think it's unlikely because we aren't a charity and he's not working for next to nothing when he leaves Jackson St.  He did his HBCU thing, my bet is he's now going to the best deal, or to who gets him to the next deal.  Translation: $$.  This 300K and donating half back to the school ain't happening here. 

I like the excitement, but not too thrilled about a more refined, shorter term Willie, come in take and leave - especially with the portal.  I appreciate zarnoz telling us that then MK just has to do his job.  I have a feeling a one year wonder does more damage long term than a guy willing to work his contract and build back a program.  We'll see.  I'll remain optimistic regardless of who the coach is.  And if it's Neon Deion for a year, no doubt it will be fun mostly.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,373
  • Days Won:  43

24 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

If you play Wordle, there is an omen about this today.

11-22-22

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm so glad no one has stepped in here and insisted that THERE IS NO WAY Prime Time is coming here.

I think it's unlikely because we aren't a charity and he's not working for next to nothing when he leaves Jackson St.  He did his HBCU thing, my bet is he's now going to the best deal, or to who gets him to the next deal.  Translation: $$.  This 300K and donating half back to the school ain't happening here. 

I like the excitement, but not too thrilled about a more refined, shorter term Willie, come in take and leave - especially with the portal.  I appreciate zarnoz telling us that then MK just has to do his job.  I have a feeling a one year wonder does more damage long term than a guy willing to work his contract and build back a program.  We'll see.  I'll remain optimistic regardless of who the coach is.  And if it's Neon Deion for a year, no doubt it will be fun mostly.

My theory is that we are being used to generate buzz and market value.  It's fun though.