Deion Sanders

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,777
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, michibull said:

I’m with you, I am now officially on the Primetime bandwagon. You bring up great points about keeping Florida ties and laying his groundwork here rather than Colorado (for his eventual move to FSU). VPMK just needs to cut the $4-5mil check and be done with it. 

CDS has an energy and presence about him that I believe could resonant tremendously with a South Florida team and truly shake up USF as a program forever. IF he came in and spent at least 3 seasons here, (which would be doubtful with any success in turning around a very broken program -- any success will be a turn around at face value.) he could put us back in line for conference expansion with a recently successful program, a lot of new investment money pouring in, and the OCS opening. To throw back to my previously mentioned lottery ticket, it would truly be a jackpot hire.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,255
  • Days Won:  29

12 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We stole Fizzy Lifting Drink(tm)...

Bubbles Willywonka GIF - Bubbles Willywonka Fizzy - Discover & Share GIFs

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,582
  • Days Won:  13

Things presidents care about that fans will dismiss . . .

powell2-articleLarge-v3.jpg?year=2014&h=

With its academics and its finances under fire, the Texas sports academy created by Deion Sanders, the Hall of Fame cornerback and N.F.L. commentator, is facing the...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/12/01/deion-sanders-jackson-state-prime-prep/

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,658
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

CDS 

Woah.  Let's pump the brakes here.  First, I had no idea who CDS was.  Second, can we call him Deion until we hire him.  I thought we only use the abbreviations on USF/ex USF coaches. 

Edited by Sk00b

2 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Woah.  Let's pump the brakes here.  First, I had no idea who CDS was.  Second, can we call him Deion until we hire him.  I thought we only through the abbreviations on USF coaches. 

Oh my apologies...how silly of me

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

LOL, I refuse to believe any alleged breaking news from a man that glosses himself “Bubba the Love Sponge.” Call it “dignity,” “pride,” or “self-esteem.” Call it whatever you want. Deion may or may not come to USF, but I won’t be hearing it first from that dude. 

All of these years I thought his moniker was Bubbles the Love Grunge. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

CDS has an energy and presence about him that I believe could resonant tremendously with a South Florida team and truly shake up USF as a program forever. IF he came in and spent at least 3 seasons here, (which would be doubtful with any success in turning around a very broken program -- any success will be a turn around at face value.) he could put us back in line for conference expansion with a recently successful program, a lot of new investment money pouring in, and the OCS opening. To throw back to my previously mentioned lottery ticket, it would truly be a jackpot hire.

For sure. The energy you speak of reaches the older generation as well as the younger generation; and that’s hard to do. Deion oozes swagger and that’s something you can’t find. I believe he could help turn us into a new version of the “U” and if we were part of the next expansion, OCS and keep him over paid, he may stay here with only FSU luring him away, that would be the lottery win, which I would LOVE!!

6 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

With its academics and its finances under fire, the Texas sports academy created by Deion Sanders, the Hall of Fame cornerback and N.F.L. commentator, is facing the...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/12/01/deion-sanders-jackson-state-prime-prep/

Me <-- Fan.

Also Me: "Dismissed."

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

This hire better be all about winning .

Tired of hiring good guys that can improve team GPAs and make sure nobody curses and goes to church on sundays.

• Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,255
  • Days Won:  29

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

This hire better be all about winning .

Tired of hiring good guys that can improve team GPAs and make sure nobody curses and goes to church on sundays.

andrew dice clay hickory dickory dock GIF

• Like 1