• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post-Scott predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Just wait until NEXT YEAR!

True but there are some names that I think would generate instant buzz and hopes and others that are just 'meh' wait and see.  I think the scenario would be one of those.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

It would be nice to get a coach That’s good enough He’s going to be canceling his appearance in a bowl game this post season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I dont give two squats about the name of the coach...it could be daisy duck for all i care, as long as the wins follow

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

We will most likely lose these games, but we might win one. That is my prediction.

No coaching speculation at this time. We need more info. Hopefully we get a short list with crazy names like Bear Bryant, CJL, Phil Jackson, and Dusty Baker. Who knows at this point.

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, cophbulls said:

I dont give two squats about the name of the coach...it could be daisy duck for all i care, as long as the wins follow

I am with you on that. I want to see us win again and compete in every conference game.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Brad said:

We should find those feeling hope and enter them into counseling for their impending meltdown in 2024-25.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

i hope we dont lose ernie sims

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

Maybe Scott ultimately becomes another Lelo Prado.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Spent my morning commute to scenic Lakeland, Florida listening to Miller & Moulton, who had multiple in-the-loop (J.P. Peterson, etc.) guests talking about U of SF.  Just a few talking points:

Jon Gruden: "I spoke with 2 people very close to the @USFFootball  program and also friends with Jon Gruden and I can confirm Gruden Definitely has interest in the USF job. Gruden is very close to many USF boosters. Obviously there are many hurdles to overcome politically. "(Twitter). So, while there may be some interest in Jon, the baggage - like it or not - is probably not palatable in an academic setting. The NFL is one thing but coaching in college is quite another (recruiting being but one aspect).  Not sure the academic interests of the university can overlook his miscreant email behavior. What works with a bunch of guys getting paid millions doesn't necessarily work with kids still expected to be molded by your example. Apparently, JG hobnobs on the fairways with a number of big $ boosters for the University so that may be how the topic came up to begin with. Just 'cause he's interested doesn't mean the University shares the same level of consideration. 

- Deion Sanders: not on the agenda. If he leaves the HBCU realm it would be for an established P-5 program. He's checking the necessary boxes at Jackson, so USF wouldn't necessarily be resume enhancing.

- Scott Frost: has potential since he has a template for what needs to be done, having done it down the street. So, the learning curve would not be nearly as steep. Nebraska might not have panned out exactly as planned, but he did shepherd UCF to their status. The phrase "as crappy as that stadium is" was used in the interview, which was kind of nice. 

- Dan Mullen: again, not on the agenda. His next stop will be a P-5 gig, not really interested in taking a rebuilding position. 

...then I had to turn around and drive back to Tampa, so I listened to the ESPN College gameday podcast. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

I've seen that comment twice.  Gruden's interest doesn't even matter, if USF hasn't the interest.

• Upvote 1