• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post-Scott predictions

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Oddly I don't feel hope.  There are very few names they could name that I would get excited about until there are results.

We should find those feeling hope and enter them into counseling for their impending meltdown in 2024-25.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Oddly I don't feel hope.

Yep. It doesn't matter who we hire... i just don't feel anymore. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, Sk00b said:

Yep. It doesn't matter who we hire... i just don't feel anymore. 

USF is embracing a new era of stoicism?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Wonder if we hear more details from guys in the program of why it didn't work now that things are finished.

My guess, lack of talent, abnormal amount of injuries, no previous head coaching experience.  I doubt anything juicy comes out.   At the time Scott was hired, the program was in the toilet, so not sure why being positive and trying to get USF back to it's winning ways was frowned upon.  From that quote, it sounds like Scott's ra-ra attitude probably rubbed him the wrong way.  The defense was never good, even through the Flowers era so I can see why Kegler might have been in Scott's doghouse at some point.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

My guess, lack of talent, abnormal amount of injuries, no previous head coaching experience.  I doubt anything juicy comes out.   At the time Scott was hired, the program was in the toilet, so not sure why being positive and trying to get USF back to it's winning ways was frowned upon.  From that quote, it sounds like Scott's ra-ra attitude probably rubbed him the wrong way.  The defense was never good, even through the Flowers era so I can see why Kegler might have been in Scott's doghouse at some point.

I think when a coach comes in and starts talking about how bare the cupboard is and how long the rebuild is going to take the guys on the roster take it as a diss. The coach just called them all trash and threw them under the bus and now expects them to go out there and fight and give 110% for him?

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Prediction:

The team rallies around Coach Da Patro and Coach Sims, and we go undefeated. We put up 70 on UCF, and the Big 12 takes back their invite. We give CDDP a lifetime extension and go into the CFP after upsetting Alabama in 2023. Saban is so humiliated he decides to become our D Coordinator to learn under a genius football mind. We all live happily ever after.

What else could happen?

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, bulloni said:

I think when a coach comes in and starts talking about how bare the cupboard is and how long the rebuild is going to take the guys on the roster take it as a diss. The coach just called them all trash and threw them under the bus and now expects them to go out there and fight and give 110% for him?

It's not really a diss when you're 4-8 and got the previous coach fired because you couldn't stop anyone on defense.  I hope the current players aren't going to be offended when the new coach comes in and says it's going to be a process to re-build this program again?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

20 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Were they not aware that they were not winning?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Soft is certainly an accurate way to describe USF these past couple years

We've been pushing rope for a while

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Post Scott Predictions:

Day 1 - Relief

Day 2 through hiring - Endless speculation and bs from every insider under the sun.

Day 1 of the hiring announcement - The entire gamut of good, bad, and WTF! opinions on said hire

Day 2 after the hiring announcement - See above ↑ except now the comments are on the OC and DC, followed closely by the         remainder of the staff

Day 3 after the hiring announcement - Recruiting, probably more negative comments than positive.

BUT!

Just wait until NEXT YEAR!