• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What good would firing the coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Sometimes I see the thought processes of some of our fans and fully understand why we are where we were in regards to Contributions if those thoughts are pervasive .......... but then MK has shown me that there are still a lot out there who do understand what it takes in college athletics.

The same could be said about the fans who are complacent with the current failure, with an infinite leash, who insult and look down on the fans who know USF should not be this embarrassing. Who know that it's been proven that coaches not named Jim Leavitt can field a winning, successful team at USF within three years - or at least one that doesn't appear to be completely unprepared every week. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,872
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

But none before him HERE have.

Let's change AD's and coaches like some change underwear. That's a key to success ....

Sometimes I see the thought processes of some of our fans and fully understand why we are where we were in regards to Contributions if those thoughts are pervasive .......... but then MK has shown me that there are still a lot out there who do understand what it takes in college athletics.

burning kendrick lamar GIF by Universal Music AfricaWe got this? Nothing to see here.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

And as horrible as the CJS reign has been so far, what good MK has done in other ways far outweighs that

How so?

Are you referring to donations and IPF/potential OCS?

I'm not sure it outweighs the performance on the football field, let alone other sports. 

Buildings and money to build them are longer term investments of course, football wins present themselves every week.  Kelly is definitely benefiting the long run while the short run appears near death. 

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

but then MK has shown me that there are still a lot out there who do understand what it takes in college athletics.

Curious what that is that so many don't understand.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,427
  • Days Won:  25

I feel if we fired him we could improve our win total and have closer scores by the end of the season. We are about to get blown out for a second week in a row by a bottom half team of FBS football. Enough of the excuses. There is not positive change on the field and the culture change was nonsense. We are getting blown out by effin ECU. This is unacceptable. He needs to be fired at halftime or after the game. Time to give Chad Morris his chance and find a new coach if we don't improve to two FBS wins for the rest of the season.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

I feel badly for the Bulls alumni  and supporters who are in person watching this debacle. What a waste of an afternoon.

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

We fired the D coordinator last year before the UCF game and the defense was completely different.  I’m usually not in favor of firing coach’s mid season, but if by the bye week we still are getting blown out.  I’d let Chad Morris have a go at it the last few weeks.  Could it possibly get worse?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

We fired the D coordinator last year before the UCF game and the defense was completely different.  I’m usually not in favor of firing coach’s mid season, but if by the bye week we still are getting blown out.  I’d let Chad Morris have a go at it the last few weeks.  Could it possibly get worse?

It’s almost statistically impossible to have a worse winning percentage then CJS 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,427
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

It’s almost statistically impossible to have a worse winning percentage then CJS 

If they win one game this year they have a higher winning percentage in FBS football!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

So, does production thus far represent the chasm between being a 'co-coordinator' and 'head coach'? How much of a disconnect is there between being a coordinator (as opposed to shared duties) and a head coach? I gotta say, it looks as though Scott is in way over his head. This is his third year here.  At this point in time, we should be seeing considerable improvement across the board, not just picking out specks of gold (or marginal improvement) game by game. Was the game plan to hire him and afford him nearly a decade to "build" something? We're not in the P5, and I don't think we're headed there anytime soon, so maybe we should expect results / ROI a little sooner? I don't think this is a case of the I-want-it-now mentality, so much as the realization that three years into the project, the ROI does not seem to be headed our way. Just not seeing it. 😬

• Like 1