• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What good would firing the coach

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

I know everyone wants a scapegoat and Judy's an easy target. I think she cared about football/Athletics, which wasn't a good thing at times, but not as much as she did about Academics ...... specifically when it came to the financial part. The real damage was done by those not getting football here decades earlier.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, MikePhillips said:

As someone who started at USF in 1996, a year before we even had a program

As someone who lived with USF players in Fontana Hall, in the late 1990's

As someone who has a football used in the the first ever game

The #1 biggest white elephant in the room... is that the culture for USF football is broken.. And it all leads to Judy Genshaft

She NEVER cared about USF football... or the positive effects it could have on the university, the campus, the school spirit, nothing

Genshaft was the President of USF from 2000 to 2019

If you ignore the first three years of USF football's existence, Judy Genshaft was the non-supportive President of USF for nearly 90% of USF football's existence

And if you ask people who are deeply entrenched in the program, she had VERY little enthusiam or support for USF Football. And it shows

Notice how the locker rooms got updated (2020-2021), almost immediately after she leaves? 

Notice a year later after she leaves, we start working on the IPF (2021)?

Notice 2 years after she leaves, we start discussing an On Campus Stadium?

Look at years 2000-2019.... ZERO investment in USF Football.

All the marquee wins, all the standings, all the momentum we had in the 2000's... she did NOTHING with it because she didn't support it. 

The instant she leaves? Updated locker rooms (2020), IPF starts to get built (2021), on campus stadium starts to become a real discussion (2025)

That's some coincidence, that the instant Judy Genshaft leaves, we start investing in the program?

FACT - Our program is in the condition it's in right now, because we had a University President that did not support the program, and our culture was broken from the top down.

USF football was basically born in 1997, and was put in jail for 19 years from 2000-2019... and is NOW finally getting the support it needs... 

The program isn't 25 years old, it's 3 years old.. it re-started in 2020 when Genshaft left the office of President

It's no coincedence, that the major investments we've seen in USF football (locker room, IPF, OCS, etc) have ALL taken place after she left. 

I disagree. To say Genshaft was the main reason the football program sucks ignores a lot of context. When she fired Leavitt in 2009 a sizable amount of the fans thought we had plateaued to 8-5 forever. That plus the combination of his interfering of an investigation of potential student assault was enough for her and Woolard to pull the trigger. 

When Skip Holtz was hired, he had just won two conferences championships. He was supposed to take us to the next level, but for whatever reason it didn't work out here. I don't believe she hired Skip Holtz to tank the football program on purpose. And you have to remember that under her and Woolard's leadership, athletics as a whole improved in facilities significantly. We got a brand new baseball and softball stadiums, a renovated Sun Dome, and the Lee Roy Selmon building. Certainly upgrades that an apathetic president would not sign off on. She was also present at almost all athletic events, I ran into her at ND as she supported the team. In hindsight, the Leavitt situation was not a good one, but an understandable one given the circumstances.

The true reason for our current failing status as a football program, plain and simple, are the hiring decisions of Michael Kelly. His rewarding alone by extensions of people who are terrible at their jobs is bad alone enough. If Tony Elliot ends up being a nice HC at Virginia, It's going to sting to know he was the other finalist for this job, but Kelly instead went with the worst HC in the history of college football - I wish that was an exaggeration. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

the worst HC in the history of college football - I wish that was an exaggeration. 

Wish granted.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I disagree. To say Genshaft was the main reason the football program sucks ignores a lot of context. When she fired Leavitt in 2009 a sizable amount of the fans thought we had plateaued to 8-5 forever. That plus the combination of his interfering of an investigation of potential student assault was enough for her and Woolard to pull the trigger. 

When Skip Holtz was hired, he had just won two conferences championships. He was supposed to take us to the next level, but for whatever reason it didn't work out here. I don't believe she hired Skip Holtz to tank the football program on purpose. And you have to remember that under her and Woolard's leadership, athletics as a whole improved in facilities significantly. We got a brand new baseball and softball stadiums, a renovated Sun Dome, and the Lee Roy Selmon building. Certainly upgrades that an apathetic president would not sign off on. She was also present at almost all athletic events, I ran into her at ND as she supported the team. In hindsight, the Leavitt situation was not a good one, but an understandable one given the circumstances.

The true reason for our current failing status as a football program, plain and simple, are the hiring decisions of Michael Kelly. His rewarding alone by extensions of people who are terrible at their jobs is bad alone enough. If Tony Elliot ends up being a nice HC at Virginia, It's going to sting to know he was the other finalist for this job, but Kelly instead went with the worst HC in the history of college football - I wish that was an exaggeration. 

She saddled Skippy with unrealistic academic standards for recruits which single handily ruined the program.  She deserves much of the blame along with the prior administrations for not getting football started sooner.  I do agree we have hired the most inexperienced and incompetent coach in our history and some may say in all of college football. If not then name someone worse than CJS?

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Wish granted.

Name someone worse?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Name someone worse?

Wasn't there a guy brought up in these cesspools of conversation that was something like 0-44?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The real damage was done by those not getting football here decades earlier.

That's your scapegoat? 

You're a very forgiving person (probably why we've been able to work together here for decades).

In my 25+ years of USF Football I have never once thought this should have been started sooner.  Not sure results would be any different.

However, I have seen missed opportunities, unserious people in charge, and a lot of people get rich while returning little in the ways of lasting success to the program.  That's true in many places, I know.

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Wasn't there a guy brought up in these cesspools of conversation that was something like 0-44?

Prairie View A&M, but Outlaw reminded us wins aren't important in FCS.  So it doesn't count.

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

That's your scapegoat? 

You're a very forgiving person (probably why we've been able to work together here for decades).

In my 25+ years of USF Football I have never once thought this should have been started sooner.  Not sure results would be any different.

However, I have seen missed opportunities, unserious people in charge, and a lot of people get rich while returning little in the ways of lasting success to the program.  That's true in many places, I know.

Well, you know my real "scapegoat" but it just sets you off ...... :shade:

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Well, you know my real "scapegoat" but it just sets you off ...... :shade:

Yeah, but that's a non-person...so everyone is off the hook.  I think that's the accountability issue some are struggling with.

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Yeah, but that's a non-person...

That's why the "" 's.